General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Hogs..

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 AM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hogs..

.. So you meanit's not cool to wear my ROLEX watch...ooops I mean TIMEX when I ride???

Like others mentioned already, Motorcycle Clubs, Social Clubs, Motorcycle groups are EVERYWHERE but there areabout one percent of theMotorcycle Clubs who value, honor and would protect thier "Colors" with thier life. Riding is not a hobbie forthembut a way of life and they take it pretty serious.

Just don't gojoining in formation witha group you happen to see riding around going in your same direction. Don't be upset if you see a few bikers, you wave, smileor give a head shake and they look at you as if you have a third eye while turning thier heads. (hahahahaha)

Old 11-01-2007, 07:56 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior

Some of it was funny but, most of it was not. The gay cop was not. The "poop" was not although the idea had merit. There was a little too much slapstick (impacts with no injury) that was too Three Stooges like (although I grew up loving the Three Stooges). Overall it was a good movie to watch with the wife and son (even though the language level was a little high for kids younger than teens).

Old 11-01-2007, 08:22 AM
rtrostiii
Cruiser

Face it,
We're all derivitives of some character in that movie

Ride Safe

Old 11-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Hidalgo
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rtrostiii
Face it,
We're all derivitives of some character in that movie
I TOTALLY agree......at least on my part.

I had a friend from the age of 16 until I got married at 38, and we were practically joined at the hip. We did some unreal beer drinking, learned to fly, rode bikes, bought wrecked cars & repaired them & then sold them.....man, we did it all. (including things that I'm not particularly proud of) After seeing the movie, my wife and I both agreed that at our advanced time in life (we're both 53) if my friend & I decided to do a trip like that, it would quite possibly be a parallel experience to the movie plot. Needless to say, we laughed about it for days afterward.

I really didn't know what to expect when I purchased the DVD, but my thoughts were that if it starred Tim Allen & Martin Lawrence, how could it be bad?

GREAT movie. Just remember that it is a movie.....not a documentary about motorcycles.

And about MC "clubs" or "gangs", I have no knowledge of them except from reading William Queen's Under & Alone and the one face-to-face that I have had. Queen's book is awesome. It is a real eye-opener for those not familiar with the lifestyle of the clubs. As for "running into" a club, the wife and I stopped at a local cafe to have breakfast a while back. I noticed about a dozen bikes in the lot, but didn't give it a thought. When we went inside, there were 12 or so Outlaws in there eating. Not being one that gets intimidated easily, I went about my business of finding a table and ordering breakfast. One of the members caught me studying his colors, and asked me if "there is a problem?" I just smiled and said that I was reading his colors. I then said "No problens here". He turned and continued with his conversations and meal. When they members walked out, he put his hand in my shoulder and said "Hope you both have a wonderful day". I thanked him and when I looked up at him, he was smiling.

Like was said before, hundreds of times, if you simply treat these members as you would any other person, yu won't have a problem. Was I uncomfortable being around them? Yes...because the wife was with me. But that's the personna that they want to project......they WANT you to be a little cautious. And it pays dividends if you do.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gilligan's Harley? I've met the likes of the "Wild Hogs" but the gang is so unreal it's liable to give some wannabe's the wrong idea about the HAs and Banditos they might meet. Really stupid movie, wastedmy dime.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 AM
bosnmate
Banned

ORIGINAL: stro1965

ORIGINAL: Richietattoo67

It is not a "gang" it is a club, i am so sick and tired of everyone using the term "gang" when it is a MOTORCYCLE CLUB.
The term "gang" implies organized criminal activity. Some of the "clubs" have earned the name "gang"over the years. Criminals riding together are a MOTORCYCLE GANG.
You beat me to it, dang it. Yes, the del Fuegos in that movie would be considered a gang. Any 1% MC would be classified as a Motorcycle Gang.

For those of you who think the del Fuegos actions aren't real I will challenge you this. Go find a Hell's Angles or Outlaws club house and blow it up. See if they don't hunt your butt down. The only difference is in the movie they only fought and harassed a little bit. In real life, you blow up an HA or Outlaw club house, they won't fight with you at all. They would just kill you, period.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man spend less time here and go riding, [:'(][][:-]

Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 AM
reddfinn
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Cwboyscooby

... Banditos. They arent exactly like in the movie...... They have also killed dozens of police officers over the years.....

[/quote]

The Bandidos around here, central Arkansas, keep a low profile. I realize there are some bad apples in any organization, but there are those who will take exception to your statementabout they have "killed dozens of police officers over the years." That is a bold statement.

Will you, please, cite your references to back up your statement?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:51 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: reddfinn

ORIGINAL: Cwboyscooby

... Banditos. They arent exactly like in the movie...... They have also killed dozens of police officers over the years.....

The Bandidos around here, central Arkansas, keep a low profile. I realize there are some bad apples in any organization, but there are those who will take exception to your statementabout they have "killed dozens of police officers over the years." That is a bold statement.

Will you, please, cite your references to back up your statement?
Thanks for pointing two things out: it's Bandidos, not Banditos, and where are the bodies of the dozens of officers?

(Why did I imagine that this thread wouldn't end up going down the ol' 1%er trail?)

Old 11-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Drexor69
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Donald A

ORIGINAL: Bear64

here is 3 of us sneaking back into the country after we invaded Canada

[IMG]local://upfiles/3092/BF42570C0A3B4CAD8FC1D4A8721D63A4.jpg[/IMG]
Looking at your picture, I see a very fancy bandana, Doo Rag on. Could you go into detail about:
What kind of rag is it
Best way to put it on
What color is best, I've heard red means, you know, GAY
How to tie it, etc....
What do you think about, fingerless gloves, vests, chaps, what the hell how about J.B. Weld, sometimes I use J.B. Weld to hold on my doo rag.

Here we go again...

Quick Reply: Wild Hogs..