General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vertical Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Iowabiker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertical Oil Cooler

Has anyone installed a Jagg 10 row veritcal oil cooler on their bagger? I did read the majority of posts concerning oil coolers and they are all over the place as far as if a cooler is good, bad or don't waste your time. I like the Harley oil cooler but I do not like where it is located. Below the regulator behind the wheel. It would seem to me that the cooler would get all of the road debris and what ever the front tire throws up creating a potential leaking problem. Jand P sells the Jagg vertical and in their offering they say it is hardly noticable. For those that have instlled the veritical oil cooler, what is you opinion how it looks and functions?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 AM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vertical Oil Cooler

Have had the vertical one (older 8row) on my 05 RKC for a couple years. I agree with the idea that the low mount could be susceptible to road debris although there have only been one or two posts here with that complaint in the last couple years.
Mine works well (215-220) in 98 degree summer weather after 60-70mph inhour plus riding.
Jagg is a good product, got mine on sale through Dennis Kirk. There should be others with good prices. I would get the thermostat mount. I did not and have to put a cover on when the temps get below 80. Simple install, just check and recheck hose connections.