General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlin Bells

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Hiram
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gremlin Bells

The wife bought me a bell shortly after I got this bike. After Sturgis this year the bike had to go into the shop for service. I had the flu the following week and other stuff so long story short, I didn't ride after getting the bike back for about 3 weeks. Rode into work one day and had the chance to do som eparts runs on the bike. Damn near got clobbered 3 separate times. When I got back to the shop we were all sittin outside on break and I noticed that my bell was not there. The wrench had removed it and not put it back on. I called the wrench and they didn't remember and couldn't find it. I had a long distance PGR mission the next day so the wife went over to the Harley shop and got me another one before dinner that night. Haven't had any major problems since.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:53 AM
why_me
Cruiser

I don't have one as it has not been gifted to me yet. When I do have one gifyed to me, I will have it on the bike. I've already layed it down once, so I hope they hurry up and get one for me.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pip369

I run with my bell haning off one of my cables up near the right grip. I like to know its the bell making a sound and not something else. I haven't seen many hanging like this. Does anyone else do the the same?
I think Pee Wee Herman has one like that on his bike.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:45 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

Each of my Harley's have one.....the bell on my 1998 Electra Glide Classic has hung on many Harleys before this one. That bell first hung on my 1972 FLH.....however I don't think that bell worked very well on his bike, because I was always having to repair it every other weekend. That POS left me stranded several times! After that bike was gone....the bell continued on and didn't have any trouble until 1992 whenthe belt broke on a Lowrider waaaaay up in Alaska. Got stranded again in 2004/2005 when the cam bearings failed on the 1999 FXDS-Convertible.

Hell, maybe I need to polish the bell to keep it happy....'cause I am probably about due another breakdown or stranded episode.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
beerguytx
Cruiser

I was given one but havent put it on the bike yet. Where exactly are you suppose to hang it? I saw that several said that it needed to be low on the bike but where have most of you hung yours?