General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlin Bells

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gremlin Bells

I've had one on every bike I've owned for the last decade or more. Usually my wife gives it to me but most recently my son gave it to me. With the new Heritage another HD riding bud gave me one. Don't know if they work, but I do like the idea of having something like that "gifted" to you.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:16 AM
BARTMAN57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on mine, don't think they work aginst the biggest gremlins. The ones that do some stupid sh#t. (Don't ask how I know)

Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: cmas06

Not to hijack the thread but i love that vid GAGirl
Isn't it cool!? Copped it from a friend on here. I thought there was alot of truth in it. Again, not to hijack this thread, but did anyone notice the tranvestite riding in the group shot of the video? We were at the boarding barn where we are keeping the horses last nightand we've got a transvestite boarding a couple of horses there. What a hoot! He/She seemed nice as can be.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:48 AM
kruisin
Cruiser

Neighbor that rides gave us one the day we brought the new bike home from the dealer. Mounted it before we went on our first ride. Neat tradition we hope to pass along.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:25 AM
rkcrwlr
Tourer

ORIGINAL: GAGirl

I had one, bought it for myself (oh no! ), and caught so much grief about it, that I finally gave it to a riding buddy who needed one. Now waiting for a replacement to be gifted to me to straighten my karma back out. Sure, it's a gimmick, but I do like them.
Same here! Bought one at Timpanogos Harley. The motoclothes girl gave me a lot of flack about if I bought it for myself, it would bring bad luck. Pulled the legend out and showed her that it still worked, but was double powerful if it came from someone else. She said no, they just made that up to sell more bells. I bought it, but figured it was cursed for me[:@]. It now resides on my daughters bicycle. Seems to work well for her. I am still just taking my chances. The only ringing I have is from my ears when I twist the wick and get on the RHTDs[&:]

Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
DYJ
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My girl was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay againt gettin a bike, but I bought it quick before she really had time to b!tch at me for even thinkin about it (still young and not married, so that works)........ when she gave me a gremlin bell it was a bigsurprise and it ment that she went to the cycle shop on her own.... almost a sign of her acceptance. Bet your A$$ I run that bell on the bike

Old 10-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

One day years ago, I was on a long ride way out in the country and stopped in at one of those old country stores that you see that has the wooden porch over the pumps and crackers and hang-down sausage and cheese on the counter and cold beer and gas, pickled eggs and pigs feet and all the "good" stuff.

I parked the bike out to the side in the front and went inside for a cold beverage and when I came back out, there was this old biker that looked like he was at least ahundred years old sitting out front on the bench looking at my bike. I sat down to have a drink and he asked me, "Is that there one of them Gremlin Bells hangin' off your bike?"and I told him it was and a nice young lady had given it to me and it seemed to be working just fine...........

Then he said...."Ya know, I been ridin' since somewhere around '09, and the only thing I ever found that will counter-act a Gremlin Bell, is reading a thread about them on the Internet"

So I left..............

Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 PM
pip369
Road Captain

I run with my bell haning off one of my cables up near the right grip. I like to know its the bell making a sound and not something else. I haven't seen many hanging like this. Does anyone else do the the same?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

ORIGINAL: pip369

I run with my bell haning off one of my cables up near the right grip. I like to know its the bell making a sound and not something else. I haven't seen many hanging like this. Does anyone else do the the same?
Nope, 'cause a bell up that high doesn't work. The li'l boogers clamber around to the tinkle of the bell, and when they crawl inside and then fall out they just plop back somewhere else on your bike. Gotta get it down low so's they fall out onto the road and the dude behind you runs over the li'l bastids and squooshes 'em into sail-boogers.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 PM
sticker
Cruiser

tradition started by folk who care. Wife got me my first one many yrs ago I get em for people I care about and so on and so on.

Quick Reply: Gremlin Bells