Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between Dynas and Softail Standard/Night Train?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Differences between Dynas and Softail Standard/Night Train?

dyna has no oil bag the obvious outboard shocks like any jap cruiser less rake and trail feels like the bike wants to fall over softail much better bike and as far as the top rpm who revs to max anyway my softy runs real good between 75 and 110 fast enough for me 40 thou on it so far.. 04 standard.. oh duese has a streached gas tank

Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 PM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyna is much more of a rider's bike ... softail is soft ... jmho

Try them both for a day's riding then make your choice and enjoy !

Old 10-30-2007, 06:40 PM
LowRyder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My LR which is raked runs smooth as a baby's ****, especially great at 75-100+. Yeah, I agree it is a riders bike. =) Lowryder
I would suggest a test ride and find out for yourself.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:00 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy question, simple answer. Dynas are better bikes. Glad I could help.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: grumpy irish again

dyna has no oil bag the obvious outboard shocks like any jap cruiser less rake and trail feels like the bike wants to fall over softail much better bike and as far as the top rpm who revs to max anyway my softy runs real good between 75 and 110 fast enough for me 40 thou on it so far.. 04 standard.. oh duese has a streached gas tank
Huh? What makes you think the Dyna doesn't run as good, if not better between 75 and 110mph? Have you ever ridder a Dyna?

Actually the Dyna's are typically smoother; that rubber mounting, while giving some vibes at idle, smooth out more at highway speeds. The suspension also is better overall, and makes the twisties that much more fun to run through!

Typically the Softtails are considered the bar hopper bikes, and the Dyna's are the cruisers to ride. Not saying both aren't swappable, but that's a general conception (or misconception!)

Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ChromeDreams

Except the hidden suspension are there any differences between Dynas and Softail Standard and Night Train,

when it comes to Fat Boy or Heritage sure there is huge difference with Dynas, but if you could place a suspension in the Night train or Softail Standard you could say its a Dyna?
many differences, drivetrain, buyer preference, etc...

Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

I bought my buddies Dyna, and he got a Softail Standard. Recently we swapped out bikes on a ride and although he won't admit it, I think he likes the Dyna better and somewhat regrets getting the Softail. The Softail was very smooth and nice to ride, but it just didn't have the same feel for the road that I get on my Dyna. Mine is faster too

I suggest trying out both before you decide.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
repsol
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: WildBillAce2

I bought my buddies Dyna, and he got a Softail Standard. Recently we swapped out bikes on a ride and although he won't admit it, I think he likes the Dyna better and somewhat regrets getting the Softail. The Softail was very smooth and nice to ride, but it just didn't have the same feel for the road that I get on my Dyna. Mine is faster too

I suggest trying out both before you decide.
I agree with you

Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Now it all makes perfect sense... Thanks for clearing that up! I thought it was gremlins that made my dyna want to fall over.

Since you are obviously an expert in the HD field, can you tell me what bike has more rake than a Wide Glide???

I'll be sure to check out the duese with it's streached gas tank. Douche bag...

Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad I could help you and the wide glide is the front end on my softail and in 04 the softail std had the most rake if you want to be a smart *** be my guest and yes the duese has a streatched tank or maybe you have never seen one...
ORIGINAL: Baeseman1

Now it all makes perfect sense... Thanks for clearing that up! I thought it was gremlins that made my dyna want to fall over.

Since you are obviously an expert in the HD field, can you tell me what bike has more rake than a Wide Glide???

I'll be sure to check out the duese with it's streached gas tank. Douche bag...

Quick Reply: Differences between Dynas and Softail Standard/Night Train?