General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jamin Leather

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 AM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jamin Leather

I'm getting ready to buy a new jacket and maybe some chaps and I just wanted to seeif anyone had dome business with them and have any good info. I've already done search on leathers and I know some will bring it up why not Fox Creek, and true but is the leather from Jamin Leather that bad or is it decent leather for just half price and made overseas?

Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Jamin Leather

I have no experience with Jamin. I'm a pretty strong believer in you get what you pay for. If you consider a half way decent jacket is going to last you atleast 15 years or more it would be worth it to me to buy a top end jacket. It's probably going to cost you about a dollar a month extra and you'll have a jacket that you'll be proud of every time you put it on. That will happen many times in 15 + years.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 AM
raftgyde
Road Master

I have a pair of chaps from Jamin' Leather. They are OK, bur nothing to write home about. I've had to have both zippers restitched at the bottom as well as the pocket at the top. The belt was kind of on the thin side and rolls up if that makes any sense. Like whaap, I believe you get what you pair for. If I had it to do over again, I'd be buying from Fox Creek Leather. I've been buying gloves from them for about 5 years now. But I"ve pretty much switched away from leather chaps/jackets to textile convertible pants and jackets. Much cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, way more functional and comfortable and I no longer have to carry a seperate rainsuit. Just a liner for the jacket and pants. Tour Master/Cortech, First Gear, or Joe Rocket all make quality products and they're not just for crotch rocket riders. You can find some good deals on them at NewEnough.com. So my advice to you is, if you don't want to consider textile, spend a few bucks more on Fox Creek Leather with the lifetime guarantee. In the end, you won't be sorry.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

hot leather puts out some great stuff. at a pretty good price and they do wear good .i've had mine for three years. and it still looks new and i wear it alot.just go to hot leather .com. check it out.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser

Does any one else have a opinion or is it you get what you pay for.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Duder
Advanced

Fox Creek is good quality at good prices, imo. If you want to keep costs down but still get some sweet leather, you can look at some nicer used stuff on ebay. If a Schott MC jacket is on your radar, you can buy a nice used one for generally half the price of a new one. Personally, I wouldnt buy a cheap pair of chaps..its worth a lil extra $ to get a nicer pair.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser

I think I'm going to just go ahead and go with the Fox Creel Leathers. There customer service is outstanding I emailed them last night and had a response first thing this morning as soon as the opened up and even better news is that offer a military discount.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a milwaukee clothing leather jacket for about $250...got it from the J&P catalog... it's a very good jacket but doesn't have any armour....I truly don't know what a more expensive ( $300-$400) jacket would offer besides maybe some armour...however a cheap jacket will not last (ex. weak seams, cheap zippers, cheap hardware that rusts)...I wouldn't waste my money on anything under $100 unless it was some sort of close out

Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought from jamin and from Jafrum Leather. I prefer Jafrum. The jacket I bought was about 90 bucks and is a great jacket. heavy naked leather, 3m liner, ykk zippers

Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: AFblacksheep

I think I'm going to just go ahead and go with the Fox Creel Leathers. There customer service is outstanding I emailed them last night and had a response first thing this morning as soon as the opened up and even better news is that offer a military discount.
From everything I've read here you can't go wrong with Fox Creek. My present jacket is a Hein Gericke but my next one will be Fox Creek. Good choice !!

Quick Reply: Jamin Leather