Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jamin Leather

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
tankerwyf
Banned Camp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jamin Leather

ORIGINAL: AFblacksheep

I think I'm going to just go ahead and go with the Fox Creel Leathers. There customer service is outstanding I emailed them last night and had a response first thing this morning as soon as the opened up and even better news is that offer a military discount.
That's good to know! I'll keep that in mind next time we're looking at needing new leather.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 AM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fox Creek is not cheap in quality or price you have to figure that a jacket and chaps is going to set you back at least $475 to $500

Old 10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser

tankerwyf,

The discount is not huge its 10% but something is better than nothing.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

Fox Creek ! [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought a couple of jackets from Jamin' and have nothing but good thing to say. One I've had for 10 years. It was made in Milwaukee, WI.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
celticgent
Road Master

ORIGINAL: raftgyde

I have a pair of chaps from Jamin' Leather. They are OK, bur nothing to write home about. I've had to have both zippers restitched at the bottom as well as the pocket at the top. The belt was kind of on the thin side and rolls up if that makes any sense. Like whaap, I believe you get what you pair for. If I had it to do over again, I'd be buying from Fox Creek Leather. I've been buying gloves from them for about 5 years now. But I"ve pretty much switched away from leather chaps/jackets to textile convertible pants and jackets. Much cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, way more functional and comfortable and I no longer have to carry a seperate rainsuit. Just a liner for the jacket and pants. Tour Master/Cortech, First Gear, or Joe Rocket all make quality products and they're not just for crotch rocket riders. You can find some good deals on them at NewEnough.com. So my advice to you is, if you don't want to consider textile, spend a few bucks more on Fox Creek Leather with the lifetime guarantee. In the end, you won't be sorry.
this post pretty much covers my opinion.

i buy name brand closeout items from newenough.com (icon, joe rocket, power trip)and usually spend 1/3 of retail.

i also buy from fox creek leather.

if you go cheap, make sure it's a name brand closeout, otherwise the seams/zippers could fail (like has already been brought up).

the problem nowadays is that motorcycle gear is in FASHION, so there's a lot of motorcycle gear that isn't really motorcycle gear...it's not made to survive a crash, it's only meant to look good walking down the street...that's why i would buy a name that is linked with motorcycling...that way you're not buying "FASHION" quality leather...

Old 10-29-2007, 02:25 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,503 Likes on 916 Posts

I bought some chaps, a vest&4 jackets from Jamin for my wife & I. The vest was very nice. I bought the heavy "Brezzy" mens jacket for myself & it had a full liner but a different collar from the one pictured on the website. I called them & they replaced it with the same jacket & the right style collar but when I received it the replacement didn't have the full thinsulite liner like the original, the arms were not lined & felt very rough inside. I kept the original though & for the money it is an excellent jacket. The chaps were for me & the mrs & for 59.00 each they were fine. My wife got 2 jackets & both went back. One, again did not have the insulated liner for the arms & the other was lighter weight than described & not a good fit. They charged me restocking fees on the returns but now are crediting the fees back. Shipping on 3 orders was fast but another order took 8 days to get out of their warehouse & they didn't know why. I will say the customer service people were friendly & helpful but I was told there were a lot of new people there learning the ropes. Pay attention to the size remarks on each item you order. Same items may differ in appearance as QC may be a problem with their suppliers. Some run small & others large. I found the"Jamin Brand" is better than their other no name brands.Good Luck.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

Might try LeatherUp.com too they have some good stuff at good prices.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:38 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just received my Fox Creek Leather Vented Bomber Motorcycle Jacket and I have never been more please with anything I bought in my life. I was shocked how nice this jacket is.BTW, I was told it's 100% American made. American built, American thread, American cows, American dye,and American madezippers. I paid $410 bucks which is not cheap but well worth it. All my other jackets I will give to Good Will this weekend. So you might want to consider Fox Creek Leather.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:13 AM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser

Thanks for all the info and I will keep all of it in mind one ever I finally place my order with either company. I still have some time left to think about and do some more research on the forumbefore I make my final decsion since I 'm currently deployed over in the sandbox but thanks again for all the help.

Quick Reply: Jamin Leather