General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smokey Mountain HD in Gatlinburg WTF

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Smokey Mountain HD in Gatlinburg WTF

Uhhhhh? What da heck. Cops deserve abreak. Hog riders should be hit with a 20% increase simply because they tihnk they are entitled. When do the hog mebers walk up to a "routine" traffic stop and get a break?

Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Thongs2U
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

First of all I'm from Tennessee, so don't even call me a yanker. Just about every dealer I know in the volunteer state only give you a 10% discount if you bought your bike there (and member of HOG). Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge Harley shops are just specialty items (havent seen a bike for sale yet). Maryville and Knoxville are real bike shops (you can actually buy a Harley). I didn't hear you bitching about paying $6.00 to park at the aquarium, $10,00 for those nasty apple pancakes, or $8.00 for indoor minature golf. If you want to meet bikers around that area, go to Alf's Bar in Sieverville.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: myxcape

ORIGINAL: biz44

ORIGINAL: myxcape

Don't get me wrong, I think that cops and firefighters should get a break for what they do for so little pay, but I also think they should honor the Harley family as well.Smokey Mountain Harley in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Why should they get a break. Nobody twisted their arm to go and sign on to the job. The starting salary is well known. They get a outstanding benefits package....that equates to cash in my book.

They know what the job entails, and how much they will be paid for their service long before they ever put pen to paper on the application.

Now the active military personal should get a discount if anyone!!!
I agree with you 100% about the military getting a break!
I can't fully agree with that statement. I am active Army and I can see the correlation between military and the police/fire fighter, we are all volunteer public servants...to a degree. Yes, they know what they are signing up for, just like the military, and all of us have pretty good benefits (exceptfor the shitty care us Army guys usually get at Army hospitals[:@]). So I feel if they give military a discount, they should give the police & fire fighters, and vice versa.
Now on that note, I don't expect anything and I rarely ask if they offer a military dicount. The usual way I find out is when a cashier asks for ID and I show them my military ID because it's the most accessible in my wallet. Then they would offer a discount. I thank them and drive on. If they don't offer one I won't ask. Either way I thank them and wish them a good day. The one thing I hate is when someone finds out I'm military and thanks me for my service. I mean, I appreciate the thoughts but it usually makes me feel uncomfortable. I volunteered for my own reasons. I don't ask for thanks or discounts. I receive a paycheck twice a month and have benefits. I appreciate the thanks but what am I to say? I typically respond, "it's my pleasure" and thank them. Nobody twisted my arm to join. I just felt compelled to and if you aren't in, or haven't been in, it's tough to understand.
Sorry to ramble and I hope I didn't come off as an ingrate. I am grateful for what I have and have been given. I justdon't see why I wouldget adiscount if another public servant who puts their life on the line to benefit Joe Public doesn't. Make sense?

Old 10-30-2007, 05:07 AM
myxcape
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: EVOrider

I'm not a member of HOG. Last time I was a member.....when I bought the Electra Glide in 1997 and HOG membership came with the bike.

I tried to get discounts then as a HOG member.....didn't happen anywhere. Every dealer said, "NO." I ended up letting it expire and never looked back. Roadside service was CRAP also.....they for some reason could not find Sunray, Texas on the map. They kept on insisting that Sunray did not exist!

As it is now.....I get better deals through Ebay auctions and the aftermarket. Most of the stuff I buy for my Harleys are bought online.

anymore. I can get stuff for less than what some buy from dealerships using a discount.

Even if you get a discount at a Harley dealer....it is still waaaaaay too much.

I agree with you, the HOG card is worthless! The membership came with the bike and will expire and never be renewed. [sm=closed.gif]

Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM
LT753
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Thongs2U

First of all I'm from Tennessee, so don't even call me a yanker. Just about every dealer I know in the volunteer state only give you a 10% discount if you bought your bike there (and member of HOG). Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge Harley shops are just specialty items (havent seen a bike for sale yet). Maryville and Knoxville are real bike shops (you can actually buy a Harley). I didn't hear you bitching about paying $6.00 to park at the aquarium, $10,00 for those nasty apple pancakes, or $8.00 for indoor minature golf. If you want to meet bikers around that area, go to Alf's Bar in Sieverville.
Your right almost,Smoky Mtn. HD closed the retail shop in Pigeon Forge and opened up the dealership back behind Waldens Landing and they do sell motorcycles. It's alot smaller than Maryville, but it is a dealership. I bought a new battery there last week.

Lynn

Old 10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Hidalgo
Tourer

It was about the cops from out of town getting a discount because the sales clerks husband was a cop, that's it!!!
[sm=sleeping.gif]
What a waste of time.[&o]

So tell me......what other stuff do YOU get discounts on? Bowling? Groceries? (I know you got one of them little keychain cards)Tobacco?

Please let us know, because if you're getting any discounts that the rest of us aren't getting, we want to bitch about it! (are you getting the picture ofhow silly you sound?) Creating a thread on this forum because you got your panties in a wad when you saw someone else getting a deal that you didn't get is not only absurd, it's extremely childish. You sound like the little kid in the grocery aisle that throws a fit because another kid's mom bought him candy.....and you want yours!Grow up, Dude.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member

Been to Gatlinburg many times, The Harley shop pissed me off the first visit when I went to pull in on my Heritage and they said "5 dollars to park". My thinking is Im doing them a favor to park there and shop.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
LT753
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hogaholic

Been to Gatlinburg many times, The Harley shop pissed me off the first visit when I went to pull in on my Heritage and they said "5 dollars to park". My thinking is Im doing them a favor to park there and shop.
They don't own the parking lot, the City of Gatlinburg owns it. They just happen to have a shop next door to the parking garage, thats all.

Lynn

Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 AM
myxcape
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Hidalgo

It was about the cops from out of town getting a discount because the sales clerks husband was a cop, that's it!!!
[sm=sleeping.gif]
What a waste of time.[&o]

So tell me......what other stuff do YOU get discounts on? Bowling? Groceries? (I know you got one of them little keychain cards)Tobacco?

Please let us know, because if you're getting any discounts that the rest of us aren't getting, we want to bitch about it! (are you getting the picture ofhow silly you sound?) Creating a thread on this forum because you got your panties in a wad when you saw someone else getting a deal that you didn't get is not only absurd, it's extremely childish. You sound like the little kid in the grocery aisle that throws a fit because another kid's mom bought him candy.....and you want yours!Grow up, Dude.
Hey!

I think that's why they call this section GENERAL CHAT!
Who ask for your opinion anyway?
Did you miss the [sm=closed.gif]or were you out buying gas?

How's that sportster doing? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]Obviously you're a big spender [sm=noooo.gif]

Oh, by the way, your Torque Wrench thread was very enlightening and to say the least, very interesting, Craftmens or Snap On[sm=confused06.gif]
Please share with us as soon as you can which one you decided on, the over priced Craftsmen, or. . .[sm=sleeping.gif]

I have a tip for you! "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and prove it!"

You have a great day, dude! [sm=icon_rock.gif]