General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadians getting screwed again

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007 | 02:37 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Canadians getting screwed again

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

ORIGINAL: stillwater

No thanks! Deeley Canada sucks and I will not spend another dime there (except for required service), rather I'll either ride across the line to buy chrome, etc. or have it mailed up USPS and still save lots of cash. As for moving down there - - why?,... just to watch my sons and daughters die for the greed of a cocaine snortin' chimp - no fuggin' way!
Typical. You enjoy the securityafforded you as our neighbors by the blood of our sons and daughters and offer only insults in return. I guess you prefer that your children put on their knee pads, bend over and take it up their canuck ****.
***** you!!! Our guys are taking more deaths than any other nation in Afghanistan. Remember the war that was after the guys that caused 911... Forgotten, and now you are in a war with a dead dictator, and no..... forget it, just don't give me this crap that we need you for support. My Canuck brothers have always fought their way when needed.

Joe

Old 10-26-2007 | 02:46 PM
darkside
Banned

ORIGINAL: Scout

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

No thanks! Deeley Canada sucks and I will not spend another dime there (except for required service), rather I'll either ride across the line to buy chrome, etc. or have it mailed up USPS and still save lots of cash. As for moving down there - - why?,... just to watch my sons and daughters die for the greed of a cocaine snortin' chimp - no fuggin' way!
Typical. You enjoy the securityafforded you as our neighbors by the blood of our sons and daughters and offer only insults in return. I guess you prefer that your children put on their knee pads, bend over and take it up their canuck ****.
***** you!!! Our guys are taking more deaths than any other nation in Afghanistan. Remember the war that was after the guys that caused 911... Forgotten, and now you are in a war with a dead dictator, and no..... forget it, just don't give me this crap that we need you for support. My Canuck brothers have always fought their way when needed.

Joe
***** yes they have and Scout I say thank you for it.I guess someone slept through history class

Old 10-26-2007 | 02:47 PM
RexBuck
Road Master

ORIGINAL: fishheadsaid

ORIGINAL: RexBuck

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

But then again, Whitehorse is in the Yukon Territory, so maybe the dealer there hasn't become as 'rude' as the dealers in Canada.
Uhhhh . . . The Yukon IS in Canada
Are you sure. I was up in Cape Breton in June and despite what it said on the map, the nativesassured me Cape Breton was not part of Nova Scotia or Canada.

Kind of like Key West down here in Florida. Key West, aka"The Conch Republic"seceded from the Union back in 1982 and last time I checked still considered themselves an independent nation.

but then again, I could be wrong, after all I'm just a cold, wet
-fish
LOL - How the hell did we get from the Yukon (West) to Nova Scotia (East). While Cape Breton is technically part of Nova Scotia / Canada, they are a wee bit strange there so we're really not sure what they are. You should relate though . . . I understand they do bad things with fish.[sm=escape.gif]

Old 10-26-2007 | 02:59 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: fishheadsaid

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

But then again, Whitehorse is in the Yukon Territory, so maybe the dealer there hasn't become as 'rude' as the dealers in Canada.
Uhhhh . . . The Yukon IS in Canada
Are you sure. I was up in Cape Breton in June and despite what it said on the map, the nativesassured me Cape Breton was not part of Nova Scotia or Canada.

Kind of like Key West down here in Florida. Key West, aka"The Conch Republic"seceded from the Union back in 1982 and last time I checked still considered themselves an independent nation.

but then again, I could be wrong, after all I'm just a cold, wet
-fish
LOL - How the hell did we get from the Yukon (West) to Nova Scotia (East). While Cape Breton is technically part of Nova Scotia / Canada, they are a wee bit strange there so we're really not sure what they are. You should relate though . . . I understand they do bad things with fish.[sm=escape.gif]
Just trying to lighten things up here a bit. I had business with two Canadian dealers in June. Privateers HDin Halifax for an oil change and Ramsey's HD in Cape Breton to replace a blown stator. Both were very friendly and dropped everything to get me back on the road.
-fish

Old 10-26-2007 | 03:04 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cormech

Thats it......everyone boycott Cananda now. All you Canadians need to move down here if you don't like the way your being treated up there.
Good. Please don't visit either and start buying your crap in your own country. Someone has to generate those huge taxes you pay for YOUR wonderful government. Of course they don't spend any of your taxes on a military because they depend on us to protect the continent.

Old 10-26-2007 | 03:16 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

OK, I've had enough of the government bashing here. There is no excuse for tearing down someone else's country. If you guys want to take it to PROD then have at it. If not then this needs to stop now.

~Terry~

Old 10-26-2007 | 03:23 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Youknow Rex, I was looking for them fish pluckers, but everywhere I looked...

NO FISH !

Old 10-26-2007 | 03:30 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

its to bad the Mckenzie Brothers didnt build bikes instead of drinkin all that Beer,
Canada would have its own Brand of motersickle!

Old 10-26-2007 | 03:42 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Send more Harley's or we're cuttin' off the beer, eh.

Old 10-26-2007 | 08:05 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member

If I were Canadian I think i would move to the U.S. and become a citizen.
We can't, or some of us would. The U.S. Gov't holds a 'lottery' for folks in other countries who would like to immigrate to the states.
The last time I saw the ad for applying in one of our local newspapers Canadians were not eligible to apply. Canada was not one of the 'so-called favoured' nations at the time. The previous time, I was able to apply and did, but 'didn't win'.
The U.S. Goy't has also amended the 'sponsorship' program they have had in place forever. It used to be that we could be 'sponsored' by family members who held U.S. citizenship, or lived a particular length of time in the U.S., and just about any of my relatives qualified. Now I can only be sponsored by someone immediate to me, that is, my sponsor has to be my mother, father, brother, and/or sister. Aunts, uncles, and cousins aren't immediate enough now. That, or I have to marry an American, and being able to get a Green Card is still a bit dicey, even at that.
The only other way is to hold a job that is in high demand in the U.S. and they will allow immigration to help relieve 'pressure', so to speak.
I could get a job in the U.S. tomorrow but it wouldn't fly.

....as far as the debate over prices go; all you need to do is check a particular item on both the U.S. and Canadian Harley websites to see what guys are griping about. Deeley has NEVER addressed the discrepancy, even when the Canadian dollar was low. The simple answer is to buy stuff from Zanottis, or the like, and have it shipped to a U.S. border town, and go broker it yourself. If you live too far away, have someone do it for you. This way you only pay the 13% on the paid value of the items (with the CDN$ at par with the U.S.$ these days) and escape the enormous broker fees to get it into Canada. Shipping is zilch inside of the U.S. Mainland compared to getting it sent over the border to a Canadian address, and many items are a fraction of the cost up here. Remember too that Zanotti's and Chicago HD discount a further 20% on the prices on the U.S. HD website.
As far as bike prices go, well, if I were going to try and take advantage of buying a bike in the U.S. I'd use an address of a relative in the U.S., and I'd walk in with U.S. cash I'd converted from a Canadian bank draft. Half our banks have branches in the U.S. They've just messed with the names a bit to fool them.
Kinda like what the foreign oil companies have done for years. Who do you think BP's parent is? Billy Bob's Petroleum?

CN

And one other thing.....yes, Canada has a military presence in Afghanistan but our troop numbers are something like only a couple of thousand tops, out of the twenty thousand or so total troops from all nations. We have had something like 70-ish troops killed, total....close to ten or so of those were from 'friendly fire'. I doubt we have anywhere near the casualties of some of the other nations seeing combat.

Quick Reply: Canadians getting screwed again