General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I miss my old bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:32 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I miss my old bike

ORIGINAL: JCTulsa

cj, I got just one last post for ya--have ya consider professional help?

You have a good life my friend.

JC
“JCTulsa “
“cj, I got just one last post for ya--have ya consider professional help?”

No, but what I would consider from you or anybody else on this topic, help in showing me, how I am “full of crap” in what I been saying about what “you wrote” on your looking back, “on my own junk ride that I lived with” (“my quote”) without fixing for two years ? but as you stated “Yes, it had a lot of chrome and the paint job sparkled”

It came down too, yes, IMO, your like a lot here, as long as you can spend money making your ride, the best looking in town, means more in the end, than if the bike starts after stopping for gas ! Bling, means more than making the ride able to hold the road in handling, it comes down to, even making it’s owner uncomfortable riding it ? as some who know me, (from long past replies) knows this was my point all along, there are people who own hd’s living in hot areas of the country, that would rather buy more “chrome covers”and “do-dads” for their bikes, than add an oil cooler ! you my friend are the poster boy of that kind of “harley owner / rider”

“JCTulsa “
“You have a good life my friend”

Thanks, you do the same, JC

cj

Old 10-29-2007, 06:30 PM
JCTulsa
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cj, I'm just gonna play like you don't exist and ignore your posts. I've had more fun arguing with a stump.

cardboard, I think you hit the nail on the head. Gotta get something more comfortable if ya wanna run with the young'uns. That's one thing my 05 Ultra did for me. I put a back rest on it and the next step will prolly be pull-back bars. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a set of true duals, power commander and K&N filter. Geez, I'm not sure I've been good enough to get all that.

JC

Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cj, I'm just gonna play like you don't exist and ignore your posts. I've had more fun arguing with a stump.

cardboard, I think you hit the nail on the head. Gotta get something more comfortable if ya wanna run with the young'uns. That's one thing my 05 Ultra did for me. I put a back rest on it and the next step will prolly be pull-back bars. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a set of true duals, power commander and K&N filter. Geez, I'm not sure I've been good enough to get all that.

JC

Had to ride right at 95 miles to git to Cowboy, they are suppost to be taking my T-Max off my 07 Wide Glide and giving it back to me along with the oxygen sensors.
Talked to T-max today, they are hoping sometime after the 1st of the year they will have a update for the Drive By Wirefor my 08 bike so I can use the T-max. The 1st thing I want besides the T-max is a set of ISO grips for the comfort for my hands.
Man its going to be nice to Ride to Galveston to the Lone Star Rally this weekend.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
JCTulsa
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ISO grips was the first thing I changed on this bike. Had a set on my Low Rider and really liked them.
That's a sweet looking ride you have there.

JC

Old 10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JC
"JCTulsa"
"cj, I'm just gonna play like you don't exist and ignore your posts. I've had more fun arguing with a stump. cardboard, I think you hit the nail on the head. Gotta get something more comfortable if ya wanna run with the young'uns. That's one thing my 05 Ultra did for me. I put a back rest on it and the next step will prolly be pull-back bars. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a set of true duals, power commander and K&N filter. Geez, I'm not sure I've been good enough to get all that. JC"
That is most likely the best thing to do, I didn’t read what stump or cardboard (cool name tag !) so I can’t attest to what they said, glad you got something more comfortable, I bet you score big at Christmas time also, at least the real good thing you got out of this changing rides, this one will most likely start, all the time after getting gas.
Ride that Utra safe,
cj