General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I miss my old bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I miss my old bike

I miss my FXR all the time. Fortunately it is still in the family so I get to feed the jones every once in a while and I have first dibs if they ever decide to sell. I'd buy it back in a heartbeat. Only sold it to help my Brother-In-Law get back on two wheels on a budget.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:16 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miss my old bike? The Honda 450, the one that would vibrate at high speeds? Nope. Miss my Springer? A wee bit cause I love that old look. But climbing on that RKC is just too sweet. I fondly recall my high school sweetheart, but love my wife.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:22 AM
JC650
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I miss my fatboy every once in a while. For the most part I love my Egc. I bought it this year at age 29.I love the comfort and all the other things that go along with it, like wind protection when riding home from work last night at midnight with a temp of 40 degrees. This bike has definitely extended my riding season.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:45 AM
pepesworld
Cruiser

I was getting my oldevo Heritage cleaned up and ready to trade in on a new 07 Dyna; made the mistake ofone out,and was so impressed with the new motor and six speed that I made the deel right then. Last minute whileriding the Heritage, I decided HELL NO.....and kept the Heritage. It realy is a cool old bike. Great looking, reliable, good power, comfortable, gets great milage (62 mpg hw). Not as sophisticated as thetwin cam,but has alot more character. Now after hearing all of your posts, I know I did the right thing......OH I still got the Dyna, its a great bike too, I think it will fill in where the Heritage starts feeling strained.....sustainedspeeds over 90.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

I went from a Low Rider to an Ultra to an FXSTC. No matter how comfortable, how musical, or how reliable the Ultra was, I could nevr stop feeling like I was just not on a real Harley. I have ridden all over the west and south of this country on all three of them with no problems. I guess it is just whatever lights your fire.
Agreed, something just feels more natural about riding a custom. Feels like your part of the bike, you just lean it turns.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:20 PM
bfred
Intermediate

Some days I do. She was my first Harley. How could I not?

Last summer I saw her around a bit with the guy I sold her to.

He has since sold her to someone else, so I don't see her around anymore.

Thanks a lot for reminding me.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Sorry, I don't miss my old bike! Jrsess

Old 10-26-2007, 06:12 PM
JCTulsa
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny how you never know how people will take a post. I honestly figured I'd get a lot of "hey yer friggin moron. What'dya get rid of it if you liked it so much".
I see instead many also have a soft spot for an old ride.
JC

Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm lucky enough to still have my old ride, I'm thankful a stealer in delaware would not even look at it for a trade in in 2000. This ones a Keeper for me

Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 PM
hdtwice
Road Master

ORIGINAL: pepesworld

I was getting my oldevo Heritage cleaned up and ready to trade in on a new 07 Dyna; made the mistake ofone out,and was so impressed with the new motor and six speed that I made the deel right then. Last minute whileriding the Heritage, I decided HELL NO.....and kept the Heritage. It realy is a cool old bike. Great looking, reliable, good power, comfortable, gets great milage (62 mpg hw). Not as sophisticated as thetwin cam,but has alot more character. Now after hearing all of your posts, I know I did the right thing......OH I still got the Dyna, its a great bike too, I think it will fill in where the Heritage starts feeling strained.....sustainedspeeds over 90.
Good call there......I almost got rid of my 85FXR after I got my 95 softail custom and the FXR just sat around for a couple of years. I cleaned it up, gave it some TLC, and am I glad I kept that bike. If you can swing it financially, keep 'em.

Quick Reply: I miss my old bike