General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding in "work clothes"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:13 PM
packetjunkie
|
Cruiser
Default Riding in "work clothes"?

Any suggestions from commuters who ride to work in suit pants and shirts (business casual)? Do you keep a set of clothes at the office to change into or do you wear something over your clothes that doesnt make you come out looking all wrinkled?

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:17 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Default RE: Riding in "work clothes"?

I work from home. Not a problem for me.

Others that I've worked with in the past that ride, keep a spare set of clothes in the office.

It's tough with suit/tie types. You have to get creative.... as in getting the bosses to relax the dress code to business casual, or better yet, get 'em to go "HD" stylin'.

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:26 PM
Livi1215
Tourer

I get pretty dirty at work so riding in casual clothes then changing at work is the best way for me. I mean I get stuff like ink's and crap on my clothes so I'd be pretty pissed to get it on the bike. I had the same trouble with taken lunch with, nowhere to put it...damn!!

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:27 PM
em2780
Advanced

I just wear a riding jacket over my shirt during the warmer weather. When cold weather hits just a warmer jacket and chaps over the pants. The only item I do change are my shoes always wear boots when riding.

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:38 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

Because my current job allows me to dress very casually, usually I only have a pair of shoes/sandals to change into during the summer.(Otherwise, I just keep my boots on!). Sometimes I feel like I look like a dork when I have worn slightly dressier (still casual though) pants. ANd I made the mistake once to wear some very light tan pants once when the roads were still a little wet from the rain during the night. Big mistake. All spotted and damp on the shins when I got to work.

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:44 PM
MOSTWANTED
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Livi1215

I get pretty dirty at work so riding in casual clothes then changing at work is the best way for me. I mean I get stuff like ink's and crap on my clothes so I'd be pretty pissed to get it on the bike. I had the same trouble with taken lunch with, nowhere to put it...damn!!
sounds like we have similar jobs. I work at a bulk mail center. We print your bills, insert them in their envelopes and ship them to the post office.
No need to worry about my clothes.

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:53 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

I think i see most of the suit types riding Gold Wings to work with their socks showing!

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:58 PM
sddyna
Tourer

I work in a distribution warehouse so I wear t-shirts (Harley) jeans and boots to work every day. No change needed just hop on and ride her home.

Old 10-19-2007 | 08:11 PM
Fla Glide
Road Captain

I wear my jeans for the ride and change when I get to work. I carry them in the saddle bags.

Old 10-19-2007 | 08:12 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

I ride the bagger to work so I wear my dress shirt under my jacket and put my pants, shoes and tie in my tour pack...usually pack a T-Shirt for the ride home

Quick Reply: Riding in "work clothes"?