General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding in "work clothes"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007 | 05:45 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Riding in "work clothes"?

I trailer mine to work.

[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 10-20-2007 | 07:16 PM
mchildree
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Wldtat

ORIGINAL: Heritage07

We are business casual so I just ride in to work without changing. The only thing that sucks is not using the highway pegs because my paints bunch up!Tried the tie downs but they are a pain to deal with.

We do have casual Fridays so then it's jeans and a Harley t shirt. I have a pair of boots that that look good either way so I wear them all week.
Bingo, this describes me to a tee
Me too.

Old 10-25-2007 | 09:54 AM
rickoshay45
Road Master

I'm in healthcare and wear scrubs at work. I wear the tops under a jacket or not depending on weather. I wear jeans while riding in the warm months and change into my scrub pants and tennis shoes from my bag at work. When its cold I wear chaps over the scurbs and just carry my tennis shoes in the bag.
This is one of the reasons baggers are so handy.

Old 10-25-2007 | 10:36 AM
Good2B
5th Gear

Business casual at work here. I simply put a pair of Khakis and a golf shirt and some shoes in the saddlebag and change at work. Now I did have to run out of lunch recently and didn't want to change so I rode to lunch in my "work" clothes and felt pretty silly.

Old 10-25-2007 | 10:55 AM
dabuckman
Advanced

ORIGINAL: JeffreyLebowski

ORIGINAL: dabuckman

In the Navy and wear my uniform to/from work on the bike all the time. Just throw a jacket w/reflective stripe to meet our protective gear requirements and never had a problem in heat or otherwise. I feel a bit of a goof sometimes flying down the road at 70mph and my khaki pants have crept halfway up my leg, but I'm still on my bike and it's great for relaxing on the way home.

I can't really see wearing a jacket or otherwise over your clothes would make them wrinkled unless you have a REALLY long commute.
Yeah, I'm in the Navy also. Never wore the khakis on the bike, since I usually have access to a locker at work. I leave a uniform and shoes at work. I guess I was worried about some one giving me a hard time about wearing khakis plus the safety gear- jacket, helmet, boots, etc....are there any regs about this that you know about? Wearing motorcycle stuff with uniforms during your commute? Let me know.

Civilian clothes...I would wear dockers or some other heavy cotton pants. Shirt/tie as required. Put your motorcycle jacket over it. Put your shoes in a book bag and wear a motorcycle jacket. I've done this before for various jobs. It works, no one cares.
PM sent to you......

Old 10-25-2007 | 11:23 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I do as allot of people here do, I change at work and put the dress clothes on when I get there.
It means leaving alittle earlier in the morning, but the ride is worth the effort...

Afternoons seem to be better and take alittle longer route home that way also

Old 10-25-2007 | 11:32 AM
paulca
Road Captain

I allways wear something over my work outfit. As an attendant at a nudist colony, the authorities tend to frown on me riding in my work uniform and in winter it get's very cold on the bike ....

Old 10-25-2007 | 12:25 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

Just wear jeans and pack your slacks in a messenger bag.

Chris

Old 10-25-2007 | 12:31 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

I just wear my business casual clothes and a leather jacket if called for by the weather. I really don't care what it looks like - I am not out to win a beauty contest.

Old 10-25-2007 | 12:33 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

I wear business casual to work as well and I usually just wear a light jacket or mesh jacket over my shirt depending on weather. Your shirts will get a little wrinkled, but no more than the wrinkles you get from the car seat and seatbelt.

As for the pants, I usually wear Docker type pants without anything over them unless the weather is questionable or the roads are wet. Then I wear my FirstGear HT Overpants.

As for the military questions, the regulations state that you have to wear protective gear when riding and they do not state whether you are wearing your uniforms or not. I always rode to work in my uniform with the protective gear over it. I was still in regs so far as anyone was concerned, and the question did come up...Marine Corps 92-02.

Quick Reply: Riding in "work clothes"?