General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding in "work clothes"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007 | 08:20 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Riding in "work clothes"?

Combination of Fla Glide and Casper...

Usually wear jeans with shirt & tie with mesh jacket over it... change to dress pants and shoes at work. Carry pants and shoes in saddle bag.

Or...

Leather over-pants... mighty hot down here in Nuevo Cuba (South Florida), however... usually just do the jeans/dress pants swap!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon (I always wear boots on the bike)

Old 10-20-2007 | 09:47 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior

I wear a uniform at work.Blue work pants and a blue work shirt.Not the most manly looking but then again I'm not lookin' to impress.

Old 10-20-2007 | 09:59 AM
dmaxdiva
Intermediate

Tried riding to work one day in a dress and heels...NOT recommended,but quite the spectacle for onlookers!!!

Just kidding...

DMD

Old 10-20-2007 | 10:06 AM
maxx12
Intermediate

I ride to work in overalls. Have a problem with the wind blowing my britches legs up past my knees.

Old 10-20-2007 | 10:15 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dawg

I change at work when I get there.....got a locker, think most of us types do Of course I'd get some looks if I rode to work in my work clothes!
Depends on the the weather, and what I have going on after work.

There are days I ride in wearing my uniform. No funny looks, but it seems that trffic around me seems to move a little closer to the speed limit.
In cooler weather, I just wear chaps over my uniform. Along with the jacket, nobody can see the uniform at all.
Other days (ie, no part time job to get to after work), I wear civvies, and change at the office.

Old 10-20-2007 | 10:48 AM
flsts
Advanced

We switched to Business Casual so I just ride to work in my work clothes. I wear a leather jacket when it is cool and a mesh jacket when it is hot.

We had to wear suits previously. I would put the jacket in the saddle bag and put on the leather or mesh. Did it look stupid? Don't care, I was riding. Did my suit wrinkle? Don't care, I was riding.

Old 10-20-2007 | 10:53 AM
Bluerose

Try to find good wrinkle free clothes if your worried about wrinkles. I just wear my jacket and chaps if I'm in dresser cloths then jeans....I take an extra pair of shoes cause boots just don't go with everything[8D].

My boss just finally relented and lets me wear jeans and a nice shirt to work during the months I ride to work...since I live in CA he sees those jeans probabl more then he would like...

Old 10-20-2007 | 02:29 PM
Wldtat
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Heritage07

We are business casual so I just ride in to work without changing. The only thing that sucks is not using the highway pegs because my paints bunch up!Tried the tie downs but they are a pain to deal with.

We do have casual Fridays so then it's jeans and a Harley t shirt. I have a pair of boots that that look good either way so I wear them all week.
Bingo, this describes me to a tee

Old 10-20-2007 | 02:33 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior

coveralls

Old 10-20-2007 | 05:40 PM
Simon UK
Tourer

I keep a pair of smart shoes and trousers at work (bring them home towash/polish themat the weekend) and wear jeans or leather to ride. I weara shirt and tie under a bike jacket.

Quick Reply: Riding in "work clothes"?