General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding in "work clothes"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007 | 08:15 PM
Kevinc
Tourer
Default RE: Riding in "work clothes"?

I just ware my leather jacket over my clothes. I get some funny looks, but some at work think it is cool.

Old 10-19-2007 | 08:17 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

ORIGINAL: packetjunkie

Any suggestions from commuters who ride to work in suit pants and shirts (business casual)? Do you keep a set of clothes at the office to change into or do you wear something over your clothes that doesnt make you come out looking all wrinkled?
Wrinkled??? Sounds like you need to speed up. Snap those wrinkle right out.

Old 10-19-2007 | 08:20 PM
mrb302
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 1FLTRI4ME

I think i see most of the suit types riding Gold Wings to work with their socks showing!
No problems then... Once you get to work, just toss the soiled clothes into the washer and dryer built into the 'Wing's console. It's standard equip if you get the microwave/stove top "at home" package.

Old 10-19-2007 | 08:20 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Saw a guy on a Harley the other day wearing khaki's, wingtips, and button-down shirt. Looked kinda weird.

Old 10-19-2007 | 08:30 PM
packetjunkie
|
Cruiser

I'm thinking I might get away with jeans and my dress shirt with pants in my backpack. Keep my shoes at work and then I can change at the office; on the way home ditch the pants and dress shirt into my pack and ride home with the tshirt and jeans again. Will be interesting to see what shape my shirts are in when I get to the office after riding, though; maybe I need to keep some spare pressed shirts at the office and bring extras when I drive.

Little extra work, but probably worth the effort.

Old 10-19-2007 | 10:22 PM
dabuckman
Advanced

In the Navy and wear my uniform to/from work on the bike all the time. Just throw a jacket w/reflective stripe to meet our protective gear requirements and never had a problem in heat or otherwise. I feel a bit of a goof sometimes flying down the road at 70mph and my khaki pantshave crepthalfway up my leg, but I'm still on my bike and it's great for relaxing on the way home.

I can't really see wearing a jacket or otherwise over your clothes would make them wrinkled unless you have a REALLY long commute.

Old 10-19-2007 | 10:53 PM
coldmcrider
Cruiser

Aerostitch Roadcrafter works well to cover up business clothes. Looks a bit geeky, but so what. You stay pretty dry if it rains, you're well protected if you crash, and it's better than driving a car to work.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22044/85CA2FC608714E19985189DE0EFF2E3D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2007 | 12:00 AM
VtBlackDog
Cruiser

chaps over chinos, with wing-tips...now that will get you killed.

Old 10-20-2007 | 12:15 AM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dabuckman

In the Navy and wear my uniform to/from work on the bike all the time. Just throw a jacket w/reflective stripe to meet our protective gear requirements and never had a problem in heat or otherwise. I feel a bit of a goof sometimes flying down the road at 70mph and my khaki pants have crept halfway up my leg, but I'm still on my bike and it's great for relaxing on the way home.

I can't really see wearing a jacket or otherwise over your clothes would make them wrinkled unless you have a REALLY long commute.
Yeah, I'm in the Navy also. Never wore the khakis on the bike, since I usually have access to a locker at work. I leave a uniform and shoes at work. I guess I was worried about some one giving me a hard time about wearing khakis plus the safety gear- jacket, helmet, boots, etc....are there any regs about this that you know about? Wearing motorcycle stuff with uniforms during your commute? Let me know.

Civilian clothes...I would wear dockers or some other heavy cotton pants. Shirt/tie as required. Put your motorcycle jacket over it. Put your shoes in a book bag and wear a motorcycle jacket. I've done this before for various jobs. It works, no one cares.

Old 10-20-2007 | 03:14 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master

ORIGINAL: coldmcrider

Aerostitch Roadcrafter works well to cover up business clothes. Looks a bit geeky, but so what. You stay pretty dry if it rains, you're well protected if you crash, and it's better than driving a car to work.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22044/85CA2FC608714E19985189DE0EFF2E3D.jpg[/IMG]
now dont get these boys all rilled up about aerostich suits. thats for us year round riding types, or metric riders.

a good ol boy will just put the harley in the garage and take the pickup truck. they dont want to look like a motorcyclist or something, wearing an aerostich.... hahaha..

Quick Reply: Riding in "work clothes"?