General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:21 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Advice Please

ORIGINAL: fj4069

i call bull shiznit. what you want is a suzuki hayabusa. let the flaming begin.
All right then. You are full of crap. The author really needs a beige early 90's goldwing with a bunch of of lights and crap on it. No more highly valued/treasured bike than that, I assure you. Actually, just forget about motorcycles altogether. Take a Honda accord and rip the doors off- that's a sexy ride.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 PM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain

By the way- I don't know if your handle means that you have a Landcruiser- but if you do, rock on man. I had a 78' FJ40- rolled it twice, then gave up trying to put it back together. Awesome truck, wish I still had it, and I still consider the day of the second roll to be the worst day of my life. No $hit.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:30 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JeffreyLebowski

By the way- I don't know if your handle means that you have a Landcruiser- but if you do, rock on man. I had a 78' FJ40- rolled it twice, then gave up trying to put it back together. Awesome truck, wish I still had it, and I still consider the day of the second roll to be the worst day of my life. No $hit.
the accord would be sexy, but only if there is a ginormous shopping cart sized wing on it. i am rocking on as i do have a 69 fj40, soon to be back on the road w/1 ton axles, dual cases and the biggest cheapest rubber i can find.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:00 AM
carmencip
Cruiser

A romance novel.....coool. Is it going to have dirty parts?....Doin' it on the bike and sh*t....cool.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

[sm=bs.gif]

Old 10-20-2007, 08:40 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to a LOT of motorcycle museums, look at vintage bike magazines... When your charactor sees (through your eyes) just the right bike... he'll tell you!!!

What draws someone to dawdle with an very demanding and sometimes expensive hobby is extremely complex! Machines are not romantic... but often people who lovingly restore old machines ARE!!! In the best possible sense of the word!

Jim aka kiltiemon (I had the pleasure of tutoring Mary Twitty in the art of dueling with pistols... the nature of the two duellists and the family backgrounds and values had a great deal to do with the style of the duel and the type of weapons used, and THAT affected dramatically, the audible and visual sensations she wanted to use and could use in the story to make it believable.)

Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like some of the boys here need to refresh themselves on the concept of "respect"... Judge a person FIRST on what he/she claims to be.

AND if... and ONLY if... that claim is PROVEN to not be true... THEN let the barbs fly!

I'm ashamed of some of you!!!

Three days suspension from the Harley!!! You'll all be issued bone-stock Honda 50's with bad exhausts to ride!!! I'll have to study a spell to make this edict a reality!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon (I'm taking this position because an author wanting to know about motorcycles would Naturally go to a motorcycle site for information. We have on "RevList", Tons of authors who ask for technical advice on matters of the late 18th century and the Revolutionary war. We're pleased they considered to ask us and we try to give them the best help, reference, and sometimes hands-on instruction! They don't get "Dissed" like they do here!)