General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Police officer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 04:29 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Thank You Police officer!

ORIGINAL: 69Shark

Barreling up 405 today on the way home traffice was MOVING . . .
In turn I was in the car pool lane moving even faster . . . . .

You were there and I saw you.
Your radar was pointed right at me.
I was clearly speeding even after slowing down . . .

As I rolled by you relaxed your radar, stood up and made eye contact with me . . .
Your eyes and head followed me as I passed you.
I knodded . . . .
Your look said it all. Less than impressed I might say. BUSTED is probably more acurate . . .

The ticket could have been expensive. Not only the bill but the added insurance costs . . . .
Yet you simply let me roll on by.

For that, Thank you.

Scott
I was recently on vaction in the left coast. Tell me how do you eclipse the speed limit on 405???

Old 10-18-2007 | 06:13 PM
69Shark
|
Tourer

I was cruising just after 2:00 PM. I was North of Bothel. Trafic was moving about 65.
I was doing 80 in the carpool lane. Saw the car and dropped to 67 or just faster than the flow.

It was cloudy and wet but no rain at the time.

Today however was quite a ride with the heavy winds! Whew! Made it home!

Scott

Old 10-18-2007 | 06:23 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: whaap

ORIGINAL: Kolni

A cop pulled me over and shot my dog.
Yeah, I'm a lousy shot. I was aiming at you..

That's okay, I never liked that dog anyways..........

Old 10-18-2007 | 07:44 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Was it a chihuahua?

Old 10-18-2007 | 08:22 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

Years ago I was riding my 78 Honda 750 Sport (F2) to work on the graveyard shift. There was a 270deg, 20mph loop that was part of my commute that I loved to strafe. This one night I came ripping around this loop fully cranked over dragging everything but the mirrors and exited the loop onto the main road like I was shot out of a cannon-all in front of a city cop that was coming up the main road. I realized when checking my mirrors that there were these headlights that were hanging right with me. Yep, I got the blue light special. I got off the bike and was preparing the best of my lame-assed excuses when the officer simply asked where I wasgoing-to work, what kind of bike was it-Honda 750 F2, etc. We talked a bit about bikes, he really liked mine. Then he said, 'well, all I saw was sparks flying, then tailpipe and I knew it had to be something good. Slow down and have a good night". I was shocked, happy, thankful, all of the above.

Old 10-18-2007 | 10:19 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: AzDon

ORIGINAL: Ricks Ride

There it is. I have never been coached or heard the word "revenue" and my duties mentioned in the same conversation..............................the conspiracy grows.

"Full advantage", in what way?
So you can honestly say that you'd never be questioned by a superior about your performance if you came back with way fewer tickets than that guy(?)

Full advantage of the intimidating presence that the badge allows you, even to the point of controlling situations and people as if you are a drill seargent. Making people feel weak, powerless, insignificant, intimidated, AND VICTIMIZED! In a way, it is a terrorist mission!
Maybe you are that "nice guy" cop that I will likely never encounter.... and I'm sorry for establishing broad generalizations from my experience..... if these generalizations don't universally apply!

No, traffic enforcement is just one small facet of the job and is not the only measure by which success is determined. There are times when you have to be direct and control a situation. Victimized? Terrorist mission? You're funny.Not saying that it doesn't happen, but if I were to behave as you have describedininappropriate situations, I would be fired. Too bad that you feel that way. Pleaseloosen your tinfoil, my mind control device is not working.

Old 10-18-2007 | 11:54 PM
Kolni
Banned

ORIGINAL: j2dawson

Was it a chihuahua?
HELL NO! If it was I would have shot it myself!

Old 10-19-2007 | 01:08 AM
Twolf
Road Master

Never been pulled over on a bike, but have gotten some STERN warning looks and some finger shakin' from quite a few cops. LOL!

A coupla stories about some GOOD cops. Which I believe are the majority.

In the old truck, I was smokin' from Farmington to Albq, maybe 10 yrs ago. Over 100 mph in a65 zone, with expensive radar gear. Bad thing is, it don't give ya any warning going around a big hill in the boonies with nothin' ta reflect offa!!! NM state cop sets off alla my stuff as soon as I see him, and hits his lights while I jam on the brakes. He finally comes up ta where I parked on the side and looks at the truck fer a good long time. Then, as I pass my paperwork to him, he asked if I knew how fast I was goin'. I told him no, but I was haulin' azz. He tells me thatsince it was on a curve with
a hill, his equipment could have given him a faulty reading and he is jus' gonna write me a warning, but it goes on my record for a year.

I start ta breathe again, and as he hands me the warning slip, he says he likes my bumper stickers, smiles like a fool, and gets back in his car.
I had a "Charlton Heston for President" and a "Clinton is a Communist" on the bumper, along with my NRA and HD stickers on my back glass.

Thank God that MOST cops are STILL REAL AMERICANS!

Story 2:
I'm in the new truck, blasting thru the curves on Irving, coming home from the West Side, when a hill /curve combo gets me AGAIN, with 600 bucks of radar and laser crap! Maybe 75/45. Sets everything off! I coulda put the pedal to the metal and made some turns here and there and lost him before he ever knew what happened, 'cuz he has a long way before he can turn around with that divider, but I just put in a 10 hr day, so I slow and wait fer him to turn around and catch up. I pull into a subdivision and think about insurance goin' up.

He also looks at the truck, then as I try ta pass my paperwork to him, he asks "What kinda Harley you have?" (HD sticker on back glass)

I tell him, then he tells me about his WideGlide, and we wind up BS'ingfor 10 minutes. His lil' shoulder radio thing goes off, and he says he has ta go.
Tells me to drive a lil' slower, like the speed limit. Then he is in the car, and gone.

I have a lotta cop relatives, mostly retired. I have a lotta cop friends that I do competition shooting with, mostly retired also.

They have a shitty job ta do. For very little money.I guess the only thing that pizzes me off about cops is the young ones who think they are
"hot ****" 'cuz now they have a badge and a gun. Those who push the limit.

Well, like my ol' bro "Biker Steve" (RIP) used ta say ta any of the newbies, "You'll find out!"

Enuf said...

Old 10-19-2007 | 02:30 AM
Jake Foster
Intermediate

I was about 17 or 18 riding my rice rocket. I was toolin down one of the country roads in central Ma I must have been doin about 70 to 75 mph. Aftera few minutes I checkmy mirror and see a partol carwith the lights flashingI pull to the side and an older local cop comes up and He says kid I have been behind you for about two miles and if you can tell me how fast you were goin within 3 mph I will let you go, but if you are off even by 1 Im gonna give you the biggest ticket I can. Well some how I managed to guess correctly. He then tells me "Kid if you think its always the other guy that crashes, just remember one thing to someone YOU ARE THE OTHER GUY!" Really funny part of this story is ten years later Im out riding and stop for a coffee at the local Dunkin Donuts, (no pun intended), and I see that same cop who is now retired bought him a coffee said thank you and shot the breeze for awhile.

Old 10-19-2007 | 02:52 AM
Kolni
Banned

Okay, here is my story........

I was driving a 85 fullsized Ford Bronco in the rain. I was coming up to a red light and hit the brakes, the wheels locked up and I slid to a stop about 2 feet past the line.

A cop was stopped in the next lane watching at me with "that look". He motioned I rolled down my window and said: "Hey, THAT wasn't necessary!"

'No ****'; I thought. Then I drove on.

Quick Reply: Thank You Police officer!