General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Police officer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:41 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Default RE: Thank You Police officer!

For a while, I was working in Moore county, NC. While I was there, nearly every person I knew that had been stopped for anything was challenged and tested for DUI. A friend with a 1 month expired inspection was held for 45 minutes on the side of the road for a breathalyzer test at 9 am. Turns out the new County DA had issued a mandate to all the law agencies in his jurisdiction that this behavior was to be standard procedure. The officers hated this new policy, but had to comply. Sometimes there is more to the story than just 'cops with attitudes'.

Old 10-18-2007 | 01:44 PM
nuckels
Banned

Almost the same thing happened to me at age 15. I was riding my first bike (2 stroke 750) and got busted around 60/30 zone,two locals in the cop car pulled me over. He thanked me for pulling over in a service station and out of the road,then wants my license,opps,not old enought to get a lic. yet. He asked where I lived and I told him 20 miles away or so. The bike did have a lic. plate in my dads name,but it was mine. Do your parent's know your out on this thing?,no, they think I went to a friends house a couple streets over. They go behind their car and talk,then walk back to me and say,You cann't ever ride this on any street until you get your license. But you seem to know how to ride it pretty well,we've got to go this way and you live that way. Don't get caught riding it again around here! They left,I sat at the station awhile tring to figure out what to do next whena brainstorm hit me,I figured out what he was saying to me about the other way, (I was only 15 you know!) I went home doing the speed limit and only rode the beast very close to home till I got my License! Pretty decent police I'll never forget!-Scared the hell outta me though!

Old 10-18-2007 | 01:47 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member

Coming home from the beach last month. Driving the truck because it was a work related trip and I had a ton of stuff to take and bring back. Turned off the interstate onto a secondary road that went past a state college. There is a SUV in front of me. My radar detector starts going nuts. I look for a speed limit sign and see that I'm 15 mph over. The SUV slows down and so do I. I look left and there is a Delaware State Trooper in the college driveway a little ahead of our position. Another car comes up behind me pretty fast. As we all pass the trooper he pulls out. Oh chit, I'm thinking, it's ticket time. Which one of us is he going to get. Well he hit his lights, the last car pulled over and the trooper pulled in behind him. Whew. Close call.

Old 10-18-2007 | 01:55 PM
Tuckahoe
Banned

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

all that tells me ,, he's proby doin your OL!!!!!

seen it a bazillion times!
Sorry but that is some funny chit !!!

Old 10-18-2007 | 03:05 PM
mattyfatty
Cruiser

im just suprised that the 405 was moving. what time was it? 3:30 in the morning?

Old 10-18-2007 | 03:08 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: AzDon

Full advantage of the intimidating presence that the badge allows you, even to the point of controlling situations and people as if you are a drill seargent. Making people feel weak, powerless, insignificant, intimidated, AND VICTIMIZED! In a way, it is a terrorist mission!
Maybe you are that "nice guy" cop that I will likely never encounter.... and I'm sorry for establishing broad generalizations from my experience..... if these generalizations don't universally apply!
Ya know, I've never felt victimized by a LEO. If I've been pulled over there's a darned good reason. I've never been talked down to, or made to feel weak,powerless, insignifcant or imtimidated.

I was recently sitting at a stop light just down the street from my house. I have been in that intersection literally thousands of times in the years I've lived out there. This particular day I wasn't paying attention. The light for the turn signal turned green and I started into the intersection. I realized what I'd done, and rather than try to back out of the intersection I went on through. And you guessed it, there was a Sheriff's Deputy right behind me. He pulled me over, and asked what I was thinking. I told him in all honesty I just wasn't thinking. He ran my plates, came back and said It was so blatant that he KNEW I was just distracted. He laughed and told me to be more careful. No ticket. And Boy did I deserve one that day.

I think if you GIVE respect you'll GET respect.I have nothing but respect for the people who work as LEOs they couldn't PAY me enough to do that job. I have a lot of friends who are cops and some of the stories they tell... OMG

What I don't get are people who wont pass a police car driving down a road even if the officer is in the fast lane doing 15 under the speed limit.What exactly are they afraid of????

Old 10-18-2007 | 03:14 PM
NYNickET
Road Captain

i ain't even gonna comment. . .nope. . . not gonna do it. . . . .

Old 10-18-2007 | 04:08 PM
quackhead
Road Master

monday nite i was riding home from work trucking along about 79 in a 65. im in the left hand lane passing a line of cars when i notice the lead car is a LEO. i figure he already has me so i just keeping on moving at same pace. when i get up next to him...he looks at me and nods his head. i nod back and kept on going with out missing a beat. sure surprised me when he didnt pull me over.

Old 10-18-2007 | 04:12 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

These have usually worked for me:

Officer, you look MAAVELOUS in that uniform.

Those are some kick @ss boots, where can I get some.(which they are btw, but they cost $500!)

Nice bike, mind if I check it out?

OK, It pays to be a woman in those situations! But not always! Once I was pulled over and he said I didn't put my blinker on to make a lane change. I thought that was lame cuz I to this day don't think I ever changed lanes. But anyway, because I thought it was lame, I said something smartazz. He writes up the ticket and again being a smartazz I said "I notice there's no 'was being a smartazz' choice to mark here, you might want to add that" OK, fine, I got a cop with no sense of humor. Dangit!!

Old 10-18-2007 | 04:23 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

Personally, I've never been pulled over, when I didn't deserve it. I've only ever gotten one ticket. A few warnings. Even one ticket issued, and then pulled back over a few miles down the road by the same cop, who took the ticket back. (Thankfully the wife was along to witness that one, or no one would ever believe the story...) I hear people b*tch all the time about getting slammed for speeding. If you're that worried about it, then slow down! If you continue to speed on a regular basis, then be prepared to pay the piper now and then.

Quick Reply: Thank You Police officer!