General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Police officer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 01:00 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Thank You Police officer!

Is there quota for life saving? I bet the woman who's car was stuckon the train track that got pulled out by an officer just seconds before a train hit it doing 72 miles an hour is thanking that officer tonight.

Has been all over the news today with video.

If a person gets intimidated, made feel weak, powerless, or victimized, it's probably because they have done something to deserve it.

Granted, there are bad cops, but they are few and far between if you figure the precentage of bad cops compared to the good.

Bill

Old 10-18-2007 | 01:38 AM
hondo96inch
Cruiser

I can't recall any good stories at the moment but I would like to have one of those cop road kings with that sweet air seat.

Old 10-18-2007 | 07:38 AM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Kolni

A cop pulled me over and shot my dog.
ORIGINAL: whaap

Yeah, I'm a lousy shot. I was aiming at you..
ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

You oughta feel good about yourself for putting that dog out of it's misery.
There shoud be a wall somewhereto tack up these pricelesssnappy comebacks hehehe (c:

99%r

Old 10-18-2007 | 08:16 AM
Jip
Cruiser

I was speeding on the highway a while back and didn't notice to the last minute that I rolled up beside a motocop, we glanced over at each other and he just tapped his gold helmet and shook his head,not sure exactly what he was trying to say probably something like'use your head' or 'gold helmet, I'm a cop moron'.

Old 10-18-2007 | 08:30 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

I have gotten a break far more often than screwed-and some of those breaks were huge! One night, after having been up for nearly 24 hours, I was driving home after a couple of beers with some friends. I was struggling to stay awake, so I leaned over to put a tape in my 8-track ( I know, I know). When I did, I ran off the shoulder of the road. Well, there was a Deputy Sherrif that had been following me for the last mile or so. I explained, yes I'd had a couple of beers, I'd been up for 24 hours, I only lived 2 miles away. He followed me to my drive. I only had to promise not to go out again that night. That, my friends, was a gift!
I've had many others, some downright comical, but that will always stand out.

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:08 AM
69Shark
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Paniolo

Scott,
Where on the 405?
Were you north bound, or south bound?
It's always nice to know their hiding spots!
I was North bound 405 Washinton Statepast the Canyon Park exit and just south of where 405 and I5 come together. The officer was on the left of the freeway in an unmarked very dark blue or black car. He was on a straight section of road and looked like the typicall broken down car. I was in the left or carpool lane and had been in the left half of the lane. When I spotted the car I simply shifted to theright side of my lane and slowed to 67mph.As I came closer I recognized the officer and radar gun but it was way to late. I clearly was in his sites.

Again it was very generous of him to simply let me roll by with a knowing look my way. I was doing 80 prior to slowing down.

Scott

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:09 AM
69Shark
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Geoseismic

69shark
Contact me. Wife and I both ride softails and live in Mill Creek. Let's ride sometime. Send me an email.
You have mail.
Scott

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:12 AM
bubbas1
Road Captain

Been let off a few times. Gave respect and always got it back...even if the ticket was written.

Question Ive always wondered about for you LEOs. When going down the interstate every now and then I will come across a leo doing 5 under the limit. Of course it causes a back-up because the 1st 2 idiots that come up on him refuse to pass and everyone is blocked in behind. Can you think of a reason why a leo would go 5 under? They have to know whats happening behind them. Just curious.

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:29 AM
mark10
Road Master

well i would like to think that cops are just people doing their job. maybe i just live in the wrong part of town.

my daughter was second in line at a stop sign. first car stopped waiting for a slow moving freight train. my daughter went around on the left and turned right. like we have all done that at one time or another. got pulled over. the cop comes up and says. "see what you've done. it's your fault that i am standing here in the rain." she got the ticket.

the daughter, 16 years old,of a friend of mine was driving south making a left turn in about a block. multiple flashing lights about 1/3 mile ahead. a squad passes her then makes a u-turn and turns on the lights and comes barreling back. this is a 2 lane residential road. when his front was even with her back he put on the siren, passed her, and cut her off to sharp. smashed the front of her car. she never left her lane. we got the squad video and it was clear that he cut her off. he admitted to seeing her turn signal. she couldn't even open her door and had to get out the passenger side. the cop stopped and didn't come back to check on her. the sargeant stopped at his fellow officer and didn't check on the girl. had to remind him not to say anything in front of the camera. she got the ticket. reduced with probation. excuse me - you can get hit by a cop and it's your fault.

my son was cut off and run off the road and hit a tree. air bags went off. the other car left. cop came up and badgered him because he had to be drinking or doing drugs. where is the other car that ran you off. i don't see any other car. why are your eyes read. like if an air bag going off in your face wouldn't make your eyes red. why are you disoriented. again hitting a tree isn't enough to disorient you. it wasn't until some people came up and told the cop what happened that he finally backed off. like he didn't even ask my son if he was okay. and while this was going on another cop was at my front door badgering me because he was told that my son had left the scene. so he was asking me who lives here and would not even tell me what it was about. he would ask who else is in the house now. and i would say, what is this about. and he would say, never mind, just answer the question. finally he said that there was an accident with my car and the driver had left the scene. when i said i know, my son called and that he was still there he wouldn't believe it. so one cop badgering my kid at the scene while another is badgering me for my son leaving the scene. at least in the end one of them did apologize for the misunderstanding.

the son of a friend got hit in an intersection by an off duty cop. the cop ran the red. of course my friend's son got the ticket for running a red and was accused of drinking and doing drugs.

my lawyer has advised me to never, repeat never, answer a cops questions without a lawyer present. and if you have been drinking at all - don't blow. and open your window just enough to hand the cop your license. and this lawyer is a states attorney.

i would like to think that cops are my friends - again - maybe i am just in the wrong locale.

i use to think that cops were just doing their jobs, and i do realize that it is a difficult job - but i am just really tired of the arrogant intimidating attitude that i have seen lately.

so thanks for letting me get this off my chest - had to b!tch to someone as my daughter is dating a cop and we have yet to meet and this conversation would probably not be the best for a first impression

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:34 AM
xl50_366
1st Gear

my first ever experience with cops: Im 16yrs old, i have my girlfriend and my cousin in my truck. Im at a gas station and one of my buddies in another car throws gatorade on my truck as im trying to leave. i spin my tires and go flying across 4 lanes of traffic. then im speeding, 55 in a 40...changed lanes without signaling. then i jump the rr tracks at about 40mph.. when i look back, there is cop with his lights on...i pull over....of course (3 other cars pull up also)....the copgets out and thenhe asks me where im hiding my smokes...i tell him i dont smoke...nor do i do drugs and nor do i drink...after a few minutes....he let me go....i was absolutely surprised....

Quick Reply: Thank You Police officer!