General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Police officer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:40 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior
Default RE: Thank You Police officer!

Ya no kidding that'll make your day to be let off the hook and KNOW you were disobeying the laws of the land..

My personal experience has been that I've been nodded to or let go WAY more times than I've been pulled over and cited.

LEO's have one of the toughest job on the planet.

99%r

ORIGINAL: x2lee

I give it2 pages? Theres nothing better than a cop letting you ride when you know you deserve the fine.
It just makes your day...
ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

How many pages do y'all suppose this will make, before it turns into a cop bashing thread?

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:00 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

69shark
Contact me. Wife and I both ride softails and live in Mill Creek. Let's ride sometime. Send me an email.

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:10 PM
Drum
Road Captain

That is a great story to read

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:13 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

I knew one of the troopers who regularly patrolled the interstate through town. One day I wasn't paying attention, came over a hill...and there was my buddy parked on the shoulder. I knew I was going way over the limit and that I was completely busted. Rather than make him run me down I turned the signals on, pulled over and waited for him. When he came to the door all he did was stare at me...and I withered right before his eyes. When I was able to speakI asked, "how fast"?....to which he replied, "92". We both looked at each other and then he told me to have a nice day. I think he knew how embarrassed Iwas and that there wasn't a ticket he could write that would make me feel any worse. To this day he's never brought it up and I keep it at the posted limit. That stare-down did more for me than he ever knew.

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:15 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Kolni

A cop pulled me over and shot my dog.
Yeah, I'm a lousy shot. I was aiming at you..

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:18 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: whaap

ORIGINAL: Kolni

A cop pulled me over and shot my dog.
Yeah, I'm a lousy shot. I was aiming at you..
You oughta feel good about yourself for putting that dog out of it's misery.

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:20 PM
AzDon
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Ricks Ride

There it is. I have never been coached or heard the word "revenue" and my duties mentioned in the same conversation..............................the conspiracy grows.

"Full advantage", in what way?
So you can honestly say that you'd never be questioned by a superior about your performance if you came back with way fewer tickets than that guy(?)

Full advantage of the intimidating presence that the badge allows you, even to the point of controlling situations and people as if you are a drill seargent. Making people feel weak, powerless, insignificant, intimidated, AND VICTIMIZED! In a way, it is a terrorist mission!
Maybe you are that "nice guy" cop that I will likely never encounter.... and I'm sorry for establishing broad generalizations from my experience..... if these generalizations don't universally apply!

Old 10-17-2007 | 11:21 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member

In my volunteer work with the police dept here, I overhear the officers making the traffic stops (10-60). I would estimate that 3 out of 4 times they report "5410" (warning issued). We have a growing traffic problem here due to a population explosion. Unfortunately, the nice folks are being overrun with imports from cities that practice unsafe driving behaviors. Just recently, the p.i.o, in his weekly newspaper column, informed us they (traffic officers) are cracking down on speeders and the red light runners. Accidents are way up. If the public won't take a warning and slow down, they will just have to pay the price with their wallets.

Old 10-18-2007 | 12:25 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Some cops are dicks, some ain't. Some cops work for superiors or town managers that are dicks that want tickets forrevenue as opposed to education and safety, some don't. The town I used to work for prior tosettlingwhere I'm at nowpretty much had nothing to do but get into trouble. I used to stop teenagers all the timeand find no insurance, no reg,wrong plates, etc. I would tell them, "Here's the5 tickets that I can write you, pick 2." They wouldalways choose the ones with less points, no matter what the fine was. Bottom line is treat people fairly and you will get it in return. You never know when you might be on the side of the road getting you azz kicked and the guy you were just fair to stops to help you. I also remember once when my wife was running daycare out of our house and I was off duty. I happen to be rolling around on the floor with this one little tike when the mother showed up. She looked in amazement and said to my wife, "Wow, he's like an actual human being, I never thought of him like that." I'll never forget that. We are people too!

Old 10-18-2007 | 12:53 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: AzDon

ORIGINAL: Ricks Ride

There it is. I have never been coached or heard the word "revenue" and my duties mentioned in the same conversation..............................the conspiracy grows.

"Full advantage", in what way?
So you can honestly say that you'd never be questioned by a superior about your performance if you came back with way fewer tickets than that guy(?)

Full advantage of the intimidating presence that the badge allows you, even to the point of controlling situations and people as if you are a drill seargent. Making people feel weak, powerless, insignificant, intimidated, AND VICTIMIZED! In a way, it is a terrorist mission!
Maybe you are that "nice guy" cop that I will likely never encounter.... and I'm sorry for establishing broad generalizations from my experience..... if these generalizations don't universally apply!
I can say from experience that AZ DPS has no quota, implied or otherwise. They do have to show productivity but it's not in the form of tickets. They are expected to document all traffic stops, though. So if you get pulled over, you're either getting a written warning or a ticket. Now, if you were blatant in your violation (say 15-20 over) then you'll probably get a ticket. I've gotten two written warnings without showing any credentials.

Also, just so you know, a ticket for doing 11+ over on the freeways were the speed limit is 75 is actually cutting you a break. 86 miles an hour anywhere on public roads is considered a misdemeanor so considera civil citation a break.

Quick Reply: Thank You Police officer!