General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Police officer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007 | 09:24 PM
hdtwice
Road Master
Default RE: Thank You Police officer!

Summer of '06, I was just telling a group of guys that CHP never cut any breaks. City, county have given warnings to me be never state.
About two days later, I get pulled over by a CHP officer who had me on his rader gun. I gave no excuse, gave my papers, he checked em out and came back and said to slow it down, good bye.
You just never know.

Old 10-17-2007 | 09:28 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 69Shark

Barreling up 405 today on the way home traffice was MOVING . . .
In turn I was in the car pool lane moving even faster . . . . .

You were there and I saw you.
Your radar was pointed right at me.
I was clearly speeding even after slowing down . . .

As I rolled by you relaxed your radar, stood up and made eye contact with me . . .
Your eyes and head followed me as I passed you.
I knodded . . . .
Your look said it all. Less than impressed I might say. BUSTED is probably more acurate . . .

The ticket could have been expensive. Not only the bill but the added insurance costs . . . .
Yet you simply let me roll on by.

For that, Thank you.

Scott
Scott,

Where on the 405?
Were you north bound, or south bound?

It's always nice to know their hiding spots!

Old 10-17-2007 | 09:29 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: stro1965

I'm sure I let many more go than I actually stop. Usually when I'm on my way to a call (or lunch...important stuff). I always wonder if there arefolkswatching and wondering "why didn'the stop that guy?" Or "I can't believe he didn't see that!" I usually make sure the other driver knows though, I'll stick my hand out the window and make a slow down motion, or hit the lights momentarily. Really torques me though when theyignore their good fortune.
No kiddin there. If I flash my headlights at you, and you do not have the good sense to slow down...shame on ya.

Please Sign Here sir.

Old 10-17-2007 | 09:29 PM
Drexor69
Tourer

I've come to the conclusion that cops are like loud pipes; they draw attention.

It only takes a few individuals who abuse others rights to leave a lasting negative impression on everyone. As with most things, you remember the bad experience much longer than the good ones.

Old 10-17-2007 | 09:47 PM
cormech
Advanced

I go past LEO's all the time on the bike normally going 10-15 over. They normally just look and waive as I go by. It seems they understand around here that if the bikes aren't going faster then the flow of traffic that we will get ran over. Seen it a few times.

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:17 PM
hondaherb
Road Captain

Last year I was traveling thru a small town in Southern Illinois when the speed limit dropped from 55 to 35. I looked up and saw a local officer sitting in a parking lot. I was doing about 68 when I saw him. I pulled over to the side of the road and waited for him. When he pulled up, he asked for my paper work, I looked all over and couldn't find an up to date insurance card, plus I had a headlight out. He said he knew I didn't have new truck without insurance and I told him I had stopped at the last town at Walmart and they didn't have a bulb to fit my truck. He said he could over look those things, but what about the 30 mph over the limit, I grinned and said I wish he could give me a warning but I didn't expect it. He went back to his patrol car and came back to my truck, said "this is your lucky day, slow down...the officer in the next town my not be as nice as I am". I thanked him and headed for home, my daughter (16) was in the back seat of the truck and said she couldn't believe what had just taken place.

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:22 PM
AzDon
Tourer

It must be a motorcycle thing (?).... I've driven big trucks for almost thirty years and tried every way I know how to be pleasant and cooperative and even been complimented on it as I was being handed the ticket book for a signature. I've been stopped for the hokiest, CS stuff and never a hint that the officer wasn't determined to write before we ever said hello.
I can't say that I haven't got a pre-judged animosity towards a guy that has chosen a career of making my career difficult, BUT, I go overboard to be pleasant and cooperative, even as the stress of interacting in the presence of a uniform has me on the verge of a passing-out, panic attack.
I know you leo guys probably consider yourselves to be just ordinary people trying to do a job, but in your professional persona, you are more than a little intimidating and I believe you know it and take full advantage!
So let me ask straight out.... Is the point of the exercise to educate(?) or is it to suck maximum revenue from having witnessed the mistakes of others(?)
What I've learned is to try to blend in because I haven't learned a thing from the revenue-squeezing, panic-stress interactions.... except contempt!

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:27 PM
Kolni
Banned

A cop pulled me over and shot my dog.

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:31 PM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: AzDon

It must be a motorcycle thing (?).... I've driven big trucks for almost thirty years and tried every way I know how to be pleasant and cooperative and even been complimented on it as I was being handed the ticket book for a signature. I've been stopped for the hokiest, CS stuff and never a hint that the officer wasn't determined to write before we ever said hello.
I can't say that I haven't got a pre-judged animosity towards a guy that has chosen a career of making my career difficult, BUT, I go overboard to be pleasant and cooperative, even as the stress of interacting in the presence of a uniform has me on the verge of a passing-out, panic attack.
I know you leo guys probably consider yourselves to be just ordinary people trying to do a job, but in your professional persona, you are more than a little intimidating and I believe you know it and take full advantage!
So let me ask straight out.... Is the point of the exercise to educate(?) or is it to suck maximum revenue from having witnessed the mistakes of others(?)
What I've learned is to try to blend in because I haven't learned a thing from the revenue-squeezing, panic-stress interactions.... except contempt!
There it is. I have never been coached or heard the word "revenue" and my duties mentioned in the same conversation..............................the conspiracy grows.

"Full advantage", in what way?

Old 10-17-2007 | 10:33 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AzDon

I know that for ME, it is to educate. Even when I was a traffic enforcement officer, I gave far more warnings, than I did tickets. And, I would like to hope it is that way with ALL Officers, but I know it isn't. There are guys out there that take pleasure in writing as many tickets as they can during a shift, even if 1/2 of em are for BS reasons.

The only time I would stack chargesand write CS violations, was when I got somebody that was either unlicensed, or revoked.

Quick Reply: Thank You Police officer!