General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE

ORIGINAL: kingk9

I agree with DenimStreet. Why come to a Harley forum and bitch about your Harley. I think I made a mistake coming to this forum. An inordinate amount of people here don't seem to think Harleys are that great. I do and I'm not mad at the moco. I come here to get info from people that know more about Harleys than I do but I spend most of my time defending my purchase. Now that I think about it, that's just dumb on my part. My bad.
Amen King.........maybe if we just ignore them they will GO AWAY!!

Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

All this brings me back a few years. In '98 I had a 97 Buell Cyclone. I went to my local dealer and wanted to trade for a Road King. They had the bike I wanted on the floor. I was already pre-approved at the bank. I chased the salesman around for 2 hours trying to get him to sell me the Road King. All he wanted to do is sell me a turbo for my Buell. I finally told him that before I would spend 3k on a turbo for the Buell, I would buy a Yamaha R1. He walked off. I got on my Buell, rode up to the Yamaha dealer just up the road, walked in and bought the last R1 the were to get for the year. They had just rolled it out. The deal took 30 minutes. I picked the bike up a few days later. I rode it over to the HD dealer that Saturday and showed it to the idiot saleman.
I buy HD for what HD is, warts and all. When I want a sport bike, then I buy a sport bike. I'm not going to complain that I can't drag a knee on the HD and I won't complain about the uncomfortable long range ergos on the sport bike.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:21 AM
HD Attitude
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD Attitude,
If your pissed at me why would you use my wife to attack me? What kind of a creature are you?

?????????Where in the hell did you see anywhere ,that I said your wife you dirty minded little man ? **** is B I K E. And most men call their bike a girl name thus "SHE" . You ASSUMED it was your wife. You mean you think your wife would run off with another biker ? shame on you. Go re read my post.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:51 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

It is hard not to get wrapped up in these kinds of things being said about Harley Davidson motorcycles.Most people who buy them could care less what the 1/4 mile timeslip says.That always seems to be the big downfall.No matter I for one hope Harley never losses sight of we that love them just the way they are.Do Not give the bashers,your time to listen to their rants.They are meaningless to me.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 AM
flhx74
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid like over 20 grand for my HD. That gives me the right to b!tch about it on any forum whenever I see fit. I think it should be a requisite to own one before you can complain really.

But seriously, all this nickling and diming about 2 cylinder cruisers is silly. Who would buy a V-twin cruiser expecting all this power? The only cruiser I ever rode which I thought had exceptional power was the old V-65 Magna...and of courseit's V-4.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember saying anything about performance, and it does float my boat not to care. I didn't post because I wanted to understand their point. This is a Harley forum. Why should anyone have to provide justification for buying one?
Ex - Freakin - Zactly!!! sheesh.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HD Attitude
Its unbelievable that all this started from two guys voicing how they felt about the Harley's HP. Whatever being the case, some will be happy and voice it here and some wont be happy and voice it here. All have the right to do that. Many people can learn from our post. I know I did. I only pointed out the bad points of my Harley experience. I was shocked that no one at all asked me how was my positive experiences. Not one of you did that. You assumed because I had power issues that I hated the bike . WRONG. There are more positive points than negative. That's why I still have it and take trips on it all the time. I still don't like the loud pipes. I enjoy listening to the radio and the wind running over the windshield. The tires grinding over the highway. The pulsing of the engine. I love the fact that the Harley has soul. I love the METAL. It feels like a motorcycle. I like the OPTION to accessarize if I want. Not because I have to. After I had the engine rebuilt. It was kinda nice on trips. Im just not into plastic., I like the HOG meetings and rides. I love the rallies. The list can go on and on. So before you decide to judge me as a Harley hater.................Ask.
I think at least some or maybe most of the grief you've encountered in these 2 threads could have been avoided if you'd have started your post with this paragraph. Maybe.... or, maybe not.... I dunno...

Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HD Attitude
HD Attitude,
If your pissed at me why would you use my wife to attack me? What kind of a creature are you?
?????????Where in the hell did you see anywhere ,that I said your wife you dirty minded little man ? **** is B I K E. And most men call their bike a girl name thus "SHE" . You ASSUMED it was your wife. You mean you think your wife would run off with another biker ? shame on you. Go re read my post.
I call BS!!! You said, person, not bike. Why would you have to use **** for bike? Unless you meant something else....

Your original quote: "The only person I heard "CRY" Was your **** when I showed her how a REAL HARLEY MAN rivs her engine. "

Sounds like you're talking about a "person" to me.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

I've said this before... "Fast Harley" is an oxymoron... I like mine because of it's liesurely nature, great sound and mystique. If I wanted speed,I would have purchased something else....

Old 10-15-2007, 08:48 AM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm with you and think you are dead on about younger buyers. Nothing has changed but the bikes. Kids don't want slow, high priced, over weight hogs.
Agreed. When I started riding in 1973, a big Harley was the furthest thing from my mind. I actually thought the big stock Electra Glides were ugly. I dreamed of Sportstersand Triumph Bonnevilles while riding my Honda 350.

Quick Reply: THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE