General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE

You either like Harleys or you don't, this site is devoted to Harleys if you look up in the left hand corner you will see HDForums.com HD standes for Harley Davidson if you don't like Harleys or just want to bash them every chance you get, then take your loser a$$e$ to the metric sites and leave us, true to our Harleys, the H E double L alone. Thank you end of discussion.

No. Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if this forum WAS for Harley enthusiasts. If I wanted to complain about my Harley, this is the last place I would think to do it. So far, I have nothing to complain about. To the contrary, actually I couldn't be happier.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
stevent
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stock '05 Dyna runs nice and crisp up to 100 or so, I don't have any problems bouncing it off red line in every gear and it scoots along quite nicely. With my loud pipes it gets there a little quicker still but I like it nice and quiet so I'm running Harley script baloney cuts and a K&N in the stock airbox....runs just fine.

If you want your HD to go faster try twisting the throttle, TC88's love to rev and pull real nice around 5k or so, if I want to go faster than that I ride my Suzuki Bandit which will go way faster than I need to be going on public streets

[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Lethkial
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: akenaten

ORIGINAL: RDKingRider

You either like Harleys or you don't, this site is devoted to Harleys if you look up in the left hand corner you will see HDForums.com HD standes for Harley Davidson if you don't like Harleys or just want to bash them every chance you get, then take your loser a$$e$ to the metric sites and leave us, true to our Harleys, the H E double L alone. Thank you end of discussion.

And it's the end of the discussion because you say so?
So any criticism of an HD is wrong and we should just take our loser asses to a metric site?
You need to get over yourself. End of story..[sm=loser.gif]
Actually, I think Terry has the final say here. And, you have properly defined your asses here if you don't like HD. [sm=loser.gif]

Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 PM
shoptroll
Banned

You can say whatever ya want about yer Gayabusa and yer Kawasucky but this ride will blow 'em both back to Tokyo!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

MNPGRider: Good work and good info.

austiny: EXACTLY.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
LowRyder
Cruiser

Here is a true story that happened to me today. I was on my way into town on a two lane road. I stopped at the light and noticed a sports bike rolling up behind me. The road changes to 4 lanes across the intersection. There were about three or four cars in front of me but I knew I could pass them on the right into the right lane across the intersection. So I gave her some throttle and flew off when the light changed.

When I was past the group of cars and across the road I saw the sports bike behind me keeping a safe distance. (The road goes back to 2 lanes for a short distance.) We ended up together at the next light. The guy on the sports bike, a Honda said, "What have you done to the engine? I could not hardly catch up with you!" I said it was a 95 CI with a cam. He lookedlike he could not believea Harley could be fast. LOLI sure surprised him.

Like I have said,Japanese bikes, been there done that and there is no bike like a Harley. :-D[sm=biker.gif]

Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned

I think most people would think of "stock production" to mean street legal. So I dont beleive the VRod destroyer fits into that catagory, no matter how its advertised. You can go buy production race cars from ford and chevrolet, and yes they would be "stock" race cars. But they are not "stock" They are highly modified versions of the production vehicle built to be "turn key" race ready. Same goes for the VRod destroyer. So you cant fairly compare the VRod destroyer to anything, unless you compare it to one of the "production" metric racebikes. And those arent built for drag racing, so it still isnt a proper comparison.
But then , who really gives a rats ***? Just ride and enjoy it. Modern Harleys ARE competitive performance wise with LIKE motorcycles( those in the 95 cu" range) No it probably wont stomp a 125" metric( Kawasakis Vulcan 2000) cruiser, but why do you think it should?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
jc_denton
Road Captain

It's sad to see this thread turned into a huge flame war over who said what about whatever. The bottom line is, this thread was created by theoriginal posterto show that v-twin metric bikes andHD bikes perform similarly if they have a similarengine size-- which should be fairly reasonable.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:41 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fred00

ORIGINAL: Blade68
I don't know this to be absolutely true but I can't imagine that a hot chick comes up and says "hey that's a sweet GSXR can I have a ride?" I bet most of the time they have no idea what type of bike it is. However, they certainly know a Hog when they see one and they ALWAYS want a ride. So take your 0-60 solo ride and blow by me while I am cruising with a hottie...
Oh no, not this "Harleys get all the hot chicks" **** again.I can guarantee you thatmost girlscouldn't tell a Harley from a metric cruiser anyway. A girlasking for a ride on a sportbike would probably call it a Ninja, R1 or Gixxerno matter what it was, just like mostgirls would probably call all cruisers "Harleys", even if it was an Intruder or a Virago or what ever.
If you kids are talking about "girls", you may be right. But a real woman knows a Harley. You'll probablyhave to take my word on that.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 AM
x2lee
Banned

forever? never? dont ask for whom the bell tolls
ORIGINAL: shoptroll

Can someone do some math for me, please? If I get me one 'o them 200 mph Hayabusa's and I have a 12.6 mile commute, at top speed, how long will it take me to get to work in rush hour traffic???

Quick Reply: THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE