General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE

Fred, the whole point of this thread, is that too many Harley riders are looking for sport bike performance, and that is not what a Harley is. Even the V-Rod is a cruiser, not a sport bike. Compared to other V-Twins of comparible size, they do just fine.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Fred00
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

Fred, the whole point of this thread, is that too many Harley riders are looking for sport bike performance, and that is not what a Harley is. Even the V-Rod is a cruiser, not a sport bike. Compared to other V-Twins of comparible size, they do just fine.
I know, and I agree wholeheartedly. Harley is doing fine in the segment they're in. The jap cruisers (except the power cruisers) are pathetically weak given their displacement. Harley has nothing to be ashamed of.

My post was just an answer to mp and his rediculous statement. Some people can't accept that others might want a sportbike or a touring bike instead of a cruiser, and that's just ignorant.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:19 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought my harley for stylin...profilen..and wavin....and you can't do any of those thingswell if your goin fast...that is all [8D]

Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

ORIGINAL: traveler

H/D's are NOT about performance. If you want performance, sell your H/D and go buy a sportbike.

~Joe
I believe that is a matter of perspective. If you look closely, C/F wheels, modified TP 113, My motorcyclemetal/Penske rear shocks, motorcycle metal’s Inverted front forks, loads of hand made light weight stuff and an FXR frame. Yes, a Hayabusea is much, much faster & does handle better and you can get them for around $8K. But this bike and many members bikes in this form are very fast also. Yes, these type of HD’s do perform, they are about performance. I live in Ft/. Lauderdale & I will race anyone (Sport Bikes) on the Dragon, with the winning decision going to who had the best time & who ached the least getting there. A matter of perspective.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:56 PM
hondo96inch
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: FastHarley

ORIGINAL: traveler

H/D's are NOT about performance. If you want performance, sell your H/D and go buy a sportbike.

~Joe
I believe that is a matter of perspective. If you look closely, C/F wheels, modified TP 113, My motorcyclemetal/Penske rear shocks, motorcycle metal’s Inverted front forks, loads of hand made light weight stuff and an FXR frame. Yes, a Hayabusea is much, much faster & does handle better and you can get them for around $8K. But this bike and many members bikes in this form are very fast also. Yes, these type of HD’s do perform, they are about performance. I live in Ft/. Lauderdale & I will race anyone (Sport Bikes) on the Dragon, with the winning decision going to who had the best time & who ached the least getting there. A matter of perspective.
Damn what a sweet ride! You have my dream harley. What brand c/f wheels?

Great to see a harley rider that appreciates such things as unsprung weight, and good suspension versus half a ton of useless chrome crap.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
HD Attitude
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ckgdrums

ORIGINAL: HD Attitude
ORIGINAL: kingk9
HD Attitude,
If your pissed at me why would you use my wife to attack me? What kind of a creature are you?
?????????Where in the hell did you see anywhere ,that I said your wife you dirty minded little man ? **** is B I K E. And most men call their bike a girl name thus "SHE" . You ASSUMED it was your wife. You mean you think your wife would run off with another biker ? shame on you. Go re read my post.
I call BS!!! You said, person, not bike. Why would you have to use **** for bike? Unless you meant something else....

Your original quote: "The only person I heard "CRY" Was your **** when I showed her how a REAL HARLEY MAN rivs her engine. "

Sounds like you're talking about a "person" to me.
DAM DUDE , You posted three times in a row. someone pi*sed in your cornflakes this morning ?????

Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 PM
thelawdoc
Tourer

MNPG,
Nice post. My Harley is one of the loves of my life. One of my children. We have our good and we have our bad moments. But she is mine, will always be mine, and I will die upholding her honor. I do not care how fast she is, how slow she is, or whatever. I could not care less what the performance specs are for any other bike, be it metric or shmetric, gold plated or rusty steel. You could not sell me a non-Harley no matter how cheap it be, how fast it be, or how whatever it be. Why? No reason! No reasonother than she is my Harley. That is the only reason I need. That is the only reason I give out. And you know what, MNPG? Let them buy whatever they want and let them say whatever they want. It is no detraction for methat I be the only one in town on a Harley, or the only one in the city, or the only one in America. A Harley will be the bike, who, when the end of the world comes,will turn the lights off. Because the Harley is not a transportation device. The Harley is a transportation angel. Don't bother chasing the fools, MNPG. Don't bother chasing the fools.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 PM
LowRyder
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: jc_denton

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

How fast do you want to go?

There is a SPEED LIMIT and its ILLEGAL to go over it. I know most of us do 5-15miles per hour over speed limit a lot of the time. But wtf. Who the f' cares about going 140mph besides RACERS on a LEGAL track.. oval, drag strip...etc...
As far as this comment goes, I personally don't want a bike that goes fast top speed wise, I want one that gets up to the legal speed fast. So if I were to buy a crotch rocket, it wouldn't be so that I could break the law, just accelerate up to 60mph or whatever in the blink of an eye. Not everyone who buys a sport bike is looking for top speed...
Quit having wet dreams aboutcrotch rockets, I had one and all it did was vibrate my hands so I lost all feeling, LOL, then my rings vibrated off. It also got very poor gas mileage and they just are not made as good as a Harley.

I doubt you CR will get to 60 that much fasted than my Low Rider and mine will sound so much better.
BTW, those girls are after the driver, not the bike. LMAO =)

Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
HD Attitude
Banned

ORIGINAL: thelawdoc

MNPG,
Nice post. My Harley is one of the loves of my life. One of my children. We have our good and we have our bad moments. But she is mine, will always be mine, and I will die upholding her honor. I do not care how fast she is, how slow she is, or whatever. I could not care less what the performance specs are for any other bike, be it metric or shmetric, gold plated or rusty steel. You could not sell me a non-Harley no matter how cheap it be, how fast it be, or how whatever it be. Why? No reason! No reasonother than she is my Harley. That is the only reason I need. That is the only reason I give out. And you know what, MNPG? Let them buy whatever they want and let them say whatever they want. It is no detraction for methat I be the only one in town on a Harley, or the only one in the city, or the only one in America. A Harley will be the bike, who, when the end of the world comes,will turn the lights off. Because the Harley is not a transportation device. The Harley is a transportation angel. Don't bother chasing the fools, MNPG. Don't bother chasing the fools.
Boy !!!! If that wasn't the most narrow pointed view I've ever heard.. I would guess it would be safe to assume that with anything that didn't parallel with your idealistic point of view automatically becomes aliterate or a "FOOL" . Anything less that didn't meet your approval. Everyone here has a right to their viewpoint. I don't agree with many but they still have that right here. If I disagree , I don't feel the need to belittle them or call names. You obviously love your Harley with no issues. Many don't feel the same, but in your book there "FOOLS" . Thank God others here don't carry the same narrow viewpoint.
This is not boy scouts or the fourth grade. We're not picking teams or trying to get into the "CLICK" . We're all men here. We like motorcycles. I welcome an objective view point other than mine. That way I and others can learn. If we all thought the same , this would be a boring place. I welcome constructive arguments with broad respective viewpoints . I think many with adequate IQ levels don't feel the need to go with the flow so to speak, rather stand up and have a singular view point , even on a HD forum. I personally welcome that and would never think of condemning or belittling another for what type of motorcycle they purchased. Nor to use such small words as fool to fit in.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM
cderider
Cruiser

I love my RoadSlide for what it is, could it be better ,sure but that goes for every bike I've ever owned. I do like to go fast and thats how I justify owning more than one bike, I do'nt hunt, fish or follow sports, all I do is drink beer and ride motorcycles so I think a man needs two bikes.I also have a very understanding wife. I just sold an FJR and believe me , if you were keeping up with an FJR he was being nice to you.

Quick Reply: THE TRUTH ABOUT HARLEY DAVIDSON PERFORMANCE