General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crackdown on loud pipes in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007 | 07:47 PM
AZCHOKESTER
Cruiser
Default RE: Crackdown on loud pipes in Arizona

Go to Cave Creek and turn around at the Carefree town limits. It's all patrolled by Maricopa County Sheriffs.

Old 10-14-2007 | 07:51 PM
RoadRunR
Road Master

Would those be crack pipes?

I wonder if the folks with the BIG BOOMIN car radio's and the pick ups with the loud duals on them are getting the same treatment

I hate that fuggin boom boom rap crap

never saw a cop pull over anyone for that chit..

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:02 PM
stevent
Road Master

This isn't about stereos or trucks, it's about pipes. Loud pipes have been ****in pissing people for a long time. They're not cool, they don't "add performance" and nowthe backlash has started. This is happening in comunities all over the country and it's only going to get worse.

Better go to stealth mode and quiet down.

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:27 PM
Rambler
Tourer

aPPARENTLY THESE TOWNS HAVE NO OTHER ILLEGAL HAPPENINGS. No robbery, no speeding, no drunk driving. There only need for police officers is loud pipes.

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:35 PM
fxrsjohn
Cruiser

Sounds like typical incompetant goverment at work. Go after loud exhaust and let thousands of illegals enter the country. This same town will probably become a santuary town and issue drivers licenses to illegals.

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:38 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

but mostly I bet...it is LOUD pipes being REV'ed and bikes being driven from a stop
REAL fast....causing more noise than normal.
There is LOUD pipes.....and THERE IS LOUD PIPES.
I would almost bet.....that if you were cool about it, a cop would let you slide.
REV your engine.......Play 'johnny crotchrocket'?....you might get stopped.
Me? Never been to Arizona.....don't intend to. You control your bikes noise.....
don't blame citizens/cops for cracking down for dumba$$es.

Chuck

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:42 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Now thats where you are wrong...they are cool, thats why there is an entire industry dedicated to it and prolly the first mod most motorcyclists put on their bikes, metric or HD..If they start that crap here, it will become a mission for me to make the boom boom ******* and the dually trucks feel the same pain. It seems to be a waste of tax dollars and time...I am sure they have alot more crap to focus on in that local gov that out ways motorcycle pipes.
ORIGINAL: stevent

This isn't about stereos or trucks, it's about pipes. Loud pipes have been ****in pissing people for a long time. They're not cool, they don't "add performance" and nowthe backlash has started. This is happening in comunities all over the country and it's only going to get worse.

Better go to stealth mode and quiet down.

Old 10-14-2007 | 09:16 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AZCHOKESTER

Go to Cave Creek and turn around at the Carefree town limits. It's all patrolled by Maricopa County Sheriffs.
Unfortunatelyyou have to go through part of Carefree and not the main town of Carefreeto get to the town of Cave Creek which is a favorite biker destination and could care less about Carefree ordinances.

Old 10-14-2007 | 09:25 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Welcome to Nannyville............That law is a bit over the top.....

Old 10-14-2007 | 09:29 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

The question I would ask people is this:

Did it say ANYWHERE on the pipes you bought, (or the documentation that come with them) "Check State and Local Laws before using?

If I got the ticket, I would have to say YES. It says PLAINLY on the pipe "Not intended for Highway Use".

If your stuff is illegal and you get caught....STFU and pay the fine. You KNEW you were in the wrong.

Quick Reply: Crackdown on loud pipes in Arizona