General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention HD salespeople

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Attention HD salespeople

Being a crappy salesman is easy, promise anything to make the sale,guaranteed delivery dates, whatever, never put anything in writing, and if there's a problem, just say "i never said that" lol Just kidding. Good sales people that garner a customers trust are priceless to an organization, because that means repeat business. Bad ones will drive business away. Peace.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Punisher
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about you guys, but I never needed a "sales person" to do anything for me except paperwork. I didnt need them to show me what I "wanted, or needed". I researched my purchase on my own, figured out how much I would pay and went in and told them what I wanted. If they didnt have it, or couldnt get it, or wouldnt sell it to me at my price, I moved on to another dealer. I've bought 4 new Harleys in my life and didnt need to be "sold" anything. I too would like to work at a HD dealership once I retire from my full time job. I look at it as a buyers assistant. I think most HD riders dont need anyone to "sell" them anything because they pretty much have made up their mind what they want. Kudos to most all HD employees, you are some good folks where I shop. (yes there is an occasional dh, but thats eveywhere.)

Woody

Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
06Heritage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the feedback guy's. [:'(]and Thank you Terry for being the only one that really answered my original question.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sorry it depends were your at I got a salary and a set dollar amount for each bike. Vrods and Buells were more. but I didnt push them because were i am from its very traditional and you still see more shovels and Ironheads than anywhere i have everbeen. But I didnt make as much as Terrys guy did i wish i would not have left so i could spend 15 more months here with only a guarentee of 90 days back for the next 2 years. if you can get a gig like that take it. its fun and entertaining most the time but you get your fair share that come in acting like there buying their first car.