Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

soon

Old 10-12-2007, 11:30 PM
AZdryheat
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Just googled the parking meter signs and came up with zip. Leads me to believe the signs are fake.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Rsh2Jgmnt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know what else to say other than here is the contact information for the various city officials@ Laguna Beach. The response that I posted earlier was an actual email received from Martha Anderson, City Clerk, City of Laguna Beach,regarding my query as to legitimacy (or not)of the parking meter signs posted here. That query included the photo of the meters and signage. The clerk stated emphatically in her reply that it was a legitimate posting, meaning that the signage on the meters was indeed posted by the city. Seek (yourself) and ye shall find (to your own satisfaction, or not).[/align][/align][/align]http://www.lagunabeachcity.net/contact/contactinfo.htm[/align][/align]
City of Laguna Beach
Telephone & Email Contacts by Department/Activity
(All telephone numbers are in the 949 area code)

Activity
Name
Phone No.
Email Address

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
SWANSON, RICH
497-0319
rswanson@lagunabeachcity.net

ANIMAL SHELTER EMAIL
For Animal Shelter Inquiries
497-3552
lbas@lagunabeachcity.net

ANIMAL SHELTER
DUNAWAY, LAURA
497-0392

ANIMAL SHELTER
SHERWOOD, KATHLEEN
497-0392
ksherwood@lagunabeachcity.net

ANIMAL SHELTER
GOODWIN, NANCY
497-0392
ngoodwin@lagunabeachcity.net

ANIMAL SHELTER
FALK, JOY
497-3311 Ext 456
jfalk@lagunabeachcity.net

ANIMAL SHELTER
THOMPSON, JOHN
497-0392
jthompson@lagunabeachcity.net

ANIMAL SHELTER
PIETARILA, DAVE
497-0392
dpietarila@lagunabeachcity.net

BUILDING DIVISION

497-0715

BUILDING DIVISION
BENNETT, RICK
497-0326

BUILDING DIVISION
BOLANIS, VICKI
497-0738

BUILDING DIVISION
BROWN, MARGARET
497-3311 Ext 419
mbrown@lagunabeachcity.net

BUILDING DIVISION
GUSTAFSON, JOHN
497-0336
jgustafson@lagunabeachcity.net

BUILDING DIVISION
HOOTON, CHUCK
497-0333

BUILDING DIVISION
INSPECTIONS
497-0707

BUILDING DIVISION
BULLARD, DEBBIE
497-3311 Ext 420
dbullard@lagunabeachcity.net

BUILDING DIVISION
MILLER, DOUG
497-3311 Ext 416
dmiller@lagunabeachcity.net

BUILDING DIVISION
HUTTER, ANNA
497-3311 Ext 418
ahutter@lagunabeachcity.net

BUILDING DIVISION
SHACKELFORD, JULIE
497-0709
jshackelford@lagunabeachcity.net

BUILDING DIVISION
SHAHROURI, ISSAM
497-0335
ishahrouri@lagunabeachcity.net

BUSINESS LICENSE

497-0733

CASHIER
CASHIER
497-0346

CITY CLERK
ANDERSON, MARTHA
497-0309
manderson@lagunabeachcity.net

CITY CLERKS OFFICE
LATENDRESSE, MINDY
497-0705/0302
mlatendresse@lagunabeachcity.net

CITY COUNCIL
EGLY, JANE
497-0710
jhegly@aol.com

CITY COUNCIL
BOYD, KELLY
463-8089
kellyboyd2006@gmail.com

CITY COUNCIL
ISEMAN, TONI
497-0710
tiseman2@aol.com

CITY COUNCIL
KINSMAN, CHERYL
497-0710
cheryl@LoveLagunaBeach.com

CITY COUNCIL
SCHNEIDER, ELIZABETH
497-0710
epearson@adworx.net

CITY MANAGER

Old 10-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Twolf
Road Master

The PRK (People's Republik of Kalifornia) SUXXX! I have not been there in 12 years because of the Communist gov't there. A shame, 'cuz the state is purely a biker's dream in many places. Riding the PCH back about 25 years ago was GREAT! The back way home to grandma's house in Long Beach, thru Redding to Bakersfield and on was a blast.

However, y'all out there have some politicians who have made the place VERY unfriendly for real Americans, if ya catch my drift. I don't call 911, I have a 1911, LOL! Illegal to carry there, tho...

They also let the beaners come from Tijuana and go ta school in America... WTF???

Max56, and alla the rest of y'all who live there. It is already a "dead zone". I have a LOT of relatives there, and they wanna move here.

Sad stuff...

Old 10-13-2007, 05:58 AM
RoadRunR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember

loctite-coins and meters don`t mix well..

so I hear

Old 10-13-2007, 06:16 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

I think its a good idea.....or at least a step in the right direction. If the municipality in question would erect signs saying "quiet zone" No excessive noise.....keep speed low & engine noise to a minimum. That would IMHO be a much better way of going about it. Who knows......if someone very close to me was ill and in the hospital....or even home sick in bed.....I would be fit to be tied if there was someone outside needlessly revving the engine on their bike or car if it was even just a bit loud....and I love the sound of a well tuned engine. Even now, when thank God my Dad who lives with me is in fair shape health wise I hear a horn blow more than twice outside my window, I grab my baseball bat, and GSDand go outside.....and ask the ******* to cut the ****. I have to say 9 of 10 times that I ask someone to move along who is making noise with music or horn....or even just loud conversation......they move. Once in a while you will get a guy (or girl) who thinks I am playing.....but they learn very quickly.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The service organization I belong to was conducting annual collection yesterday (and this wekend) there was another rider working with me and we both commented on the noise level of a couple of HD's that passed in relation to other vehicle's.The bikes were not the loudest. Amazing on howannoying even a 4cylinder is when the cat and muffler are not working or even these new Diesel trucks/SUV's with pipes biggers than busses.

By denying the paring space doensn't that force the MC to continue to ride till they find a spot?

Old 10-13-2007, 07:17 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The hospital is on the other end of town

Old 10-13-2007, 11:02 AM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To all the California-bashers: you're right: don't move here: stay the hell wherever you are. But do proceed to begin whining over the next few months that you can't ride because of the crappy weather in whatever wonderful s**thole you live in. We won't notice your whining, however, because we will all be out riding.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: biz44

I think its a good idea.....or at least a step in the right direction. If the municipality in question would erect signs saying "quiet zone" No excessive noise.....keep speed low & engine noise to a minimum. That would IMHO be a much better way of going about it. Who knows......if someone very close to me was ill and in the hospital....or even home sick in bed.....I would be fit to be tied if there was someone outside needlessly revving the engine on their bike or car if it was even just a bit loud....and I love the sound of a well tuned engine. Even now, when thank God my Dad who lives with me is in fair shape health wise I hear a horn blow more than twice outside my window, I grab my baseball bat, and GSDand go outside.....and ask the ******* to cut the ****. I have to say 9 of 10 times that I ask someone to move along who is making noise with music or horn....or even just loud conversation......they move. Once in a while you will get a guy (or girl) who thinks I am playing.....but they learn very quickly.
Asking folks to quiet down is one thing, andI agree that if therewas alarge sign for all drivers of all vehicles, but banning the parking of specific vehicles in a parking space (where presumably they will not be running) is another. You cannot tell me that every single motorcycle that parked there is overly noisy.

I've re-emailed the police department and the code enforcement folks in Laguna noting Ms. Anderson's response but have not recieved a response. Would be easier to make a compaint about the signs if I knew what street that is and the approximate address.

Quick Reply: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted