Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

ORIGINAL: Trabuco

I found those meters the other day. My wife and I were going to have lunch at Las Brisas and all of the meters in that area have the stickers. We went and ate down the coast aways, still in Laguna Beach. We ride throughLaguna Beachonce or twice a week and have never had any problems.

The following is from the Laguna Beach Municiple Code.

10.06.230 Parking restrictions for motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles.[align=left](a) The city manager may establish parking spaces which are restricted solely to the parking of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles.
[/align][align=left](b) Motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles are prohibited from parking on any street within eight hundred feet of any space which is designated solely for the parking of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles except in said designated space, provided that the prohibition is posted. (Ord. 1277 § 1, 1993).
[/align]
Ummm that municiple code simply states that:

(a) They can make specific spaces specifically for motorcycles.
(b) If a motorcycle designated space is made available for motorcyclesAND a sign prohibiting motorcycles from parking in other spaces is posted then and only then you must park in the specified spaces or you must park 800 feet from those spaces.

I did a quick check and there is nothing in that code about specifying any area a motorcyle free or quite zone. The only items I found were that they must provide a specified parking area for motorcycles if other spaces are to be off limits.

I would say the stickers are a fake. If you know the street name I would send a complaint to the police department and the city council.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:18 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

That's right, it sux here! We hate it.
Please don't move to Arizona, we have had enough liberalsfrom the granola bowl state move here already form Kalifornia. Besides it sux here too.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:25 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

IMO, if there isnt a municipal code on the stickers, then f em! I believe that most tow companies will only tow for illegally parked rides IF they are in violation of a code. If someone does tow my ride because they dont like where I parked and I havent violated any code, then small claims here I come!

Old 10-12-2007, 12:27 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd like to clear up a few misconceptions here about California. First of all, California is a big state. The government does indeed suck, as do a large percentage of the inhabitants. The areas of Laguna Beach and San Francisco can indeed be referred to as "Cali". In the straight areas of California, we object to that term. Contrary to popular belief, there are many normal areas of California left. I lived in Southern California for 30+ years before leaving for the extreme north and never looked back. I will admit that even in this remote outpost of sanity, we do have individuals attempting to screw this place up faster than humanly possible, but so far, we've been able to hold them at bay. California is not lost yet. I fear it will be someday, but not yet.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Rsh2Jgmnt
Cruiser

RE: Information Request[/align]
"Anderson, Martha CC" <manderson@lagunabeachcity.net>[/align][/align]ViewFriday, October 12, 2007 1:32:42 PM
To:"Servicarrider@yahoo.com" servicarrider@yahoo.com[/align]Cc:[/align][/align]
It is a legitimate posting.
7.25.140 Motor vehicles.
The use of any motor vehicle in such a condition as to create excessive, impulsive or intrusive noises is prohibited. The discharge into the open air of the exhaust of any internal combustion engine, stationary or mounted on wheels, motorboat or motor vehicle, including motor cycle, whether or not discharged through a muffler or other similar device, that creates excessive, unusual, impulsive or intrusive noise is prohibited. Motor vehicles shall comply with the noise regulations of the California Vehicle Code, as amended. (Ord. 1448 § 1 (part), 2005).

[hr]
[/align]From: Servicarrider@yahoo.com [mailto:servicarrider@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 11:59 AM
To: Anderson, Martha CC
Cc: LaTendresse, Mindy CC
Subject: Information Request
[/align]

I came across this on amotorcycle web forum. These Laguna Beach parking meters had these warning stickers on them. I would like to know if this is indeed alegitimate city posting and if so could you provide me with the appropriate ordinance or code number so I may look up the statute...Thank you, [/align]
[/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

7.25.140 Motor vehicles.

Well... that is an ordinance that deals with "Motor vehicle" noise... but I see no mention of it having anything at all to do with"Motor vehicle" parking, much lessmotorcycleparking!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 10-12-2007, 04:19 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It couldn't possibly be that all these ordinances are being imposed due to the f'in aholes that feel the need forattention by blipping their pipes and disturbing neighborhoods. Lets just keep blaming the government.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Bluerose

I somehow do not think that person is not the one you need to talk too....theordinace theyrespondedwithhas nothing to do with quiet zones nor does it specify the prohibition of motor vehicles of any kind that conform to the California Noise regulations.

ORIGINAL: Rsh2Jgmnt

RE: Information Request[/align]
"Anderson, Martha CC" <manderson@lagunabeachcity.net>[/align][/align]ViewFriday, October 12, 2007 1:32:42 PM
To:"Servicarrider@yahoo.com" servicarrider@yahoo.com[/align]Cc:[/align][/align]
It is a legitimate posting.
7.25.140 Motor vehicles.
The use of any motor vehicle in such a condition as to create excessive, impulsive or intrusive noises is prohibited. The discharge into the open air of the exhaust of any internal combustion engine, stationary or mounted on wheels, motorboat or motor vehicle, including motor cycle, whether or not discharged through a muffler or other similar device, that creates excessive, unusual, impulsive or intrusive noise is prohibited. Motor vehicles shall comply with the noise regulations of the California Vehicle Code, as amended. (Ord. 1448 § 1 (part), 2005).

[hr]

[/align]From: Servicarrider@yahoo.com [mailto:servicarrider@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 11:59 AM
To: Anderson, Martha CC
Cc: LaTendresse, Mindy CC
Subject: Information Request
[/align]

I came across this on amotorcycle web forum. These Laguna Beach parking meters had these warning stickers on them. I would like to know if this is indeed alegitimate city posting and if so could you provide me with the appropriate ordinance or code number so I may look up the statute...Thank you, [/align]
[/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 10-12-2007, 06:43 PM
jc_denton
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This anti-motorcycle stuff makes me sad.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:34 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought California was part of Mexico.

DougJ

Quick Reply: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted