Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:42 PM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

Get some stickers made that say "motorcrcles welcome to park here" Cover the ones that are there with em..

Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM
nastyHD
Road Captain

Why would anybody want to spend time in Laguna Beach that city has more **** than San Francisco, and that's the real reason you can't park a Harley on their streets not because it's a California thing.

petemac you really dislike California but tell us the truth, the real reason we couldn't pay you to move here is because it's not legal to marry your cousin like in the sticks huh...by the way have fun shoveling snow while I keep riding 3-5 days week through the winter HA!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: nastyHD

Why would anybody want to spend time in Laguna Beach that city has more **** than San Francisco, and that's the real reason you can't park a Harley on their streets not because it's a California thing.

petemac you really dislike California but tell us the truth, the real reason we couldn't pay you to move here is because it's not legal to marry your cousin like in the sticks huh...by the way have fun shoveling snow while I keep riding 3-5 days week through the winter HA!
Tell 'em Nasty!
Going by what the Muni Code said, there must be designated MC parking nearby.
I used to live in Laguna years ago when I was single. The ratio of men to women is about even. But when you take all the "boys" out of the equation, there are a heck of alot of women for straights(that would be us)

Old 10-11-2007, 09:53 PM
marcss
Road Captain

I rode along Pacific Coast Highway there last Sunday after coming west from Palm Springs by way of scenic Ortega Highway. Weather was perfect. Stopped in Laguna. My Aunt used to live there. Really nice beaches and town. Didn't see any "no bike parking signs". It's definitley one of the nicer beach rides in So Cal all the way up to Long Beach. Paloes Verdes area is nice riding too. You can have 80 degree weather at the beach just about anytime of year..... er,...I mean.... It really sucks here!! Don't move to Kalifornia!! It's just a bunch of Kommie Homo's!! You won't like it. Try North Dakota.... very wide open spaces.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That's right, it sux here! We hate it.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the ***** B.S. residents of an area will do. Some azzs tend to think since they own a house they own the street n front of it also.. The City, county, state wouldnt use a cheesy sticker, they would post a real sign.
About 18 years ago I lived across from a guy who didnt want anyone parking in front of his house. I parked there all the time. Somehow he aquired an official city no parking sign which he secured to his fence. I still have that sign.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks like something someone photoshopped and stuck on the meters. It doesn't look like something the city added.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:10 AM
tacmedic
Cruiser

As quoted from above "real" signs will typically have the municipal code listed on the sign itself. The picture of the bike with ape hangers doesn't quite fit in with the design of any traffic sign I've ever seen, normally those pictures are vague as not to represent/single outanyone or thing specifically. Someone should simply call the city offices or the local PD and ask if it's legit. I could see my neighbors getting the idea of puttingone of thosedecalson my garage for letting my bike warm up at 0430 before I go to work

Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 AM
TraumaKing
Banned

I Hate Commifornia with a passion
hopefully the next big one and the fault line will take care of that issue!

Old 10-12-2007, 10:13 AM
06train
Road Warrior

[sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif]Cowboy up???[sm=smiley18.gif]

Quick Reply: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted