Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Simon UK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted

ORIGINAL: jharp

Since when does a parked motorcycyle make noise.

Jim
I was thinking that. You can't park, but is there anything to stop you riding back and forward repeatedly past the meters and causing a continual noise?

Perhaps the reason they don't want motorcycles to park is because they are more concerned that the bikers who will then climb off them will make loads of noise partying and having a good time.

Note to NYSportster: Did you really see these signs, or is this a deliberate wind-up you manufactured in Photoshop?

Old 10-11-2007, 03:46 PM
NorCalDyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is that whoever lives on the other side of those parking meters probably put those stickers on the meters. They just do not look like anything a governmental agency would use. The picture of the motorcycle and the lack of a municipal code are the give aways to me. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
NYSportster
Cruiser

These signs were on all the meters on that block. That street overlooks the beach and on the other side are houses. I am not sure if the dept of transportation put these stickers on or residents, but they are on each meter.

This is a real photo that I took. I don't kid about motorcycle rights.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Trabuco
Stage III

I found those meters the other day. My wife and I were going to have lunch at Las Brisas and all of the meters in that area have the stickers. We went and ate down the coast aways, still in Laguna Beach. We ride throughLaguna Beachonce or twice a week and have never had any problems.

The following is from the Laguna Beach Municiple Code.

10.06.230 Parking restrictions for motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles.[align=left](a) The city manager may establish parking spaces which are restricted solely to the parking of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles.
[/align][align=left](b) Motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles are prohibited from parking on any street within eight hundred feet of any space which is designated solely for the parking of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles except in said designated space, provided that the prohibition is posted. (Ord. 1277 § 1, 1993).
[/align]

Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Trabuco

I found those meters the other day. My wife and I were going to have lunch at Las Brisas and all of the meters in that area have the stickers. We went and ate down the coast aways, still in Laguna Beach. We ride throughLaguna Beachonce or twice a week and have never had any problems.

The following is from the Laguna Beach Municiple Code.

10.06.230 Parking restrictions for motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles.[align=left](a) The city manager may establish parking spaces which are restricted solely to the parking of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles.
[/align][align=left](b) Motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles are prohibited from parking on any street within eight hundred feet of any space which is designated solely for the parking of motorcycles, motor-driven cycles and motorized bicycles except in said designated space, provided that the prohibition is posted. (Ord. 1277 § 1, 1993).
[/align]
800 feet[sm=bangbang.gif] That means they could give you a ticket and you're around the block on a completely different street.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:50 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

This is the first I have heard of this. I never go to Laguna Beach and now I really don't even want to ever go there.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Simon UK

ORIGINAL: jharp

Since when does a parked motorcycyle make noise.

Jim
I was thinking that. You can't park, but is there anything to stop you riding back and forward repeatedly past the meters and causing a continual noise?

Perhaps the reason they don't want motorcycles to park is because they are more concerned that the bikers who will then climb off them will make loads of noise partying and having a good time.

Note to NYSportster: Did you really see these signs, or is this a deliberate wind-up you manufactured in Photoshop?

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. It's not the parked bike that causes the problem. It's the jerk that starts the bike up to leave and likes to "rap" his pipes.!!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:35 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Another reason you couldn't pay me to live incommiefornia. They don't care about the illegal alien problem, but they're really concerned about the motorcycle "problem". It's not pc togo after the illegals, but it's pc to attack the "noise problems". [:@]

Old 10-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those stickers are pretty funny. Funny yes, legal no. The world is full of azzhats.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

I wonder why it is a harley type bike dipicted instead of a rice rocket? isn't that some kind of discrimination?

Maybe we as harley riders should file a law suit?

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Quiet zone - Motorcycles restricted