General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building a Bike Room in my garage.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Building a Bike Room in my garage.

Love the pic hanging next to the door in your second picture...

Mac

Old 12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: D1LD

i dont have a garage but i did have a carport I eclosed half of it into a nice shed with all emenities i live out here my better half hates it i think

here is i pick looking in from the door
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/i...000_0110.2.JPG

here is looking from the back to the door
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/i...000_0111.1.JPG

it is a 26x16ft area mostly work bench but has Cable tv high speed internet phone bikes and you name it refrigerator stereo sourdn sound on computer for the great vids i looked at on this site
Lookit all that beer!

MMMMMMM Beer!

Old 12-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Otter

I am working on a 12 X 14 stand alone shop for my place also. I have allready converted the garage into a family room and cant see the TV around the bike too well...[:@]

Hey D1LD - looks like from your posters you are in the Seattle area? I live in Kent....

Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

That's beautiful, man! A mans area no doubt about it.

I need to get all the crap out of my workshop to get it back to looking kinda like that. My ride is in our 1 car garage and I've kicked out most of the stuff we had stored there to make room for my ride.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:54 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

screwball nice set-up
ORIGINAL: screwball

We built a vacation/retirement house in Bullhead City Az. on the Colorado River. Our garage is 1200 sqft. (30x40). It is heated and air conditioned, with TV, Computer, intercom, and stereo hookups....and get this, a bathroom! The walls are studded 2x6. We have a 3200 cfm swamp cooler for most of the time, and the central AC is ducted down there if we need it. We have taps for soft water and drains in the floor for washing the boat or quads inside.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3757/81BBDDE57BA14B288B81D9A69C130232.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2005, 02:54 PM
CntryFun
Cruiser

AMAZING STORAGE TIP.... I have a POS garage w/ gravel floor, yeah that works for the quad and bike, yippee. But my dad.... now he has the setup! He built something like a 32x40 garage, w/ two bays and a fishing room (not for fishing, but for fishing stuff, geniuses!) Anywho... he made the walls around his fishing room out of 2x6 studs and instead of drywall he put plywood up. But the kicker is that he built shelves in between all the studs, hinges on the plywood, and now he can open up his wall to all of his tools which cleans up the rest of the shop. I tried getting pics last year but his boat was in there so it was really difficult to get far enough back that you could tell what was going on.

A few other tricks he did:

Hang plastic jars from crossboards and screw their lids into the boards. This is a place to put all of your screws, bolts, etc. and be able to see what is in what, plus its using space that you wouldn't otherwise use.

In some place he put in "extra doors". If he wanted to hang wrenches up for instance he would start by putting nails/screws into the back wall and hanging all that he could on there, lets say all of his metric wrenches. Then about 2" out from there, he put another set of hinges on (about 16" apart vertically) and put another small door on them. Now this gives him the front and back side of it to hang his standard wreches on. Instead of using up a huge area just for wrenches, he has them all there in one need area, organized w/ the most common standard wrenches on the front of the small door, the large/less common standards on the back of it, and then all his metric wrenches on the back wall. Same goes w/ pliers, screwdrivers, etc. He fit almost all of his tools, spray paint cans, lubes, etc., chains, ropes, levels, you name it, into a stretch of wall about 12 ft. long. All of it is very handy, extremely organized, and OUT OF SIGHT. Yes, a theif could see the hinges, but lay a brass hinge onto a piece of plywood and tell me how obvious that is. Not to mention, who is going to think to look in your walls when they want to steal your tools?

Old 12-15-2005, 01:31 AM
twoseas
Road Master

ORIGINAL: D1LD

i dont have a garage but i did have a carport I eclosed half of it into a nice shed with all emenities i live out here my better half hates it i think

here is i pick looking in from the door
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/i...000_0110.2.JPG

here is looking from the back to the door
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/i...000_0111.1.JPG

it is a 26x16ft area mostly work bench but has Cable tv high speed internet phone bikes and you name it refrigerator stereo sourdn sound on computer for the great vids i looked at on this site
I like your "coors light" can collection...

Ray (twoseas)

Old 12-15-2005, 05:56 AM
D1LD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a small pile of cans useualy they are 4 high and a huge black bag of them stashed in there under the bench but i had just been cleaning up a bit out there that weekend and alot of my friends stopped over thru out the weekend and ya know how it goes BEER MUST FLOW here is a couple pics of my brothers and i out here it was my parents 50th wedding anversery and my oldes brother he will be the one on the right side lives in AK and has not been down here for a visit for 15 years so my other brother and pooled up and got him down here for a suprise for our parents 50th party we all had a great time i actually got to see my dad cry it was great time we were out here for 2 days drinking and partying any whoo here we are im the one in the middle
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/i...000_0048.1.JPG
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/i...000_0047.1.JPG

Any way I always have beer and its always COORS LIGHT if you dont like that Bring your own I have plenty of refrigorater room

Old 12-15-2005, 06:20 AM
D1LD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AND NO to the Questions i can see popping up about looks like your brother Digging in a bag of dope (I just want to clarify I am pretty sure it was bear jearky broght down from AK)