General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 PM
StillMisterSlim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain Gear

Just bought my Harley after not riding for 35 years!. Deluxe and I love the hell out of it. Living in S. Florida means dealing with rain on a daily basis. Any suggestions for rain gear that's lightweight and easy to put on and off (S.FL means rain/sun/rain/sun.) Also not expensive. Appreciate your suggesions. Thanks

Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
specks
Advanced
Default RE: Rain Gear

I use Frogg Toggs, but do a search under rain gear and you'll find a myriad
of suggestions.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:05 PM
MarkM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a raingear made by First Gear from JP cycle at the beginning of the summer. I live in FL too, and have had to use it on almost every long trip every weekend so far. Works great. Lightweight, packs small, breathable. Haven't got wet at all. About $130 for pants and jacket. Well worth it. I have a set of Frogg Toggs that I use for fishing. Tried them on the bike at high speed in the rain and ended up getting a little damp.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Still running
Road Warrior

Take a look at Wal-mart. Pants and jacket about 50 bucks. I think the brand is Sterns.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Aroberts
Tourer

I have been looking into this as well. I had to ride in the rain for the first time today on my way home from work. Not cool without a rain suit when its 50 degrees out. I was looking into the frogg toggs but after I did some searching on these forums I have decided not to go that route. I think I am going to go with the Harley overpass.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

I just need to figure out what size will fit over my jacket and I am off to the Harley shop, I never want to be caught in the rain again. The worst part was there was a minor land slide on the road I take home so I had to sit there for over 15 minutes getting rained on.

Good luck

Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
StillMisterSlim
Intermediate

Thanks, appreciate it.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
grape ape
Tourer

Check out Ebay. I bought a rain suit for about $50 for the set and it is very nice quality for that price. I haven't had to use it yet, but the feedback from other buyers is great. It has a lot of nice features for riding including reflective piping and heat shields on the legs. Can't remember the seller, but if you search on Ebay for motorcycle rain gear, there's several that sell basically the same suits in this price range.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought the HD Hi-Vis version of the Overpass. It's black and orange with the HD logo and some striping in reflective silver. My last distance ride was from Billings to Minneapolis & back. Got 5 hours of rain and temps in the low 40's through Wyoming. Found out that my old gloves and jacket were not waterproof. Not happening again. Also bought the rain gators for over my boots.
The new rain gear goes on easily over my riding jacket and chaps. I wear a size large Switchback jacket and the size large raingear goes over it without being too tight or too baggy. Not cheap at $150.00, but it should last for many years.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: StillMisterSlim

Just bought my Harley after not riding for 35 years!. Deluxe and I love the hell out of it. Living in S. Florida means dealing with rain on a daily basis. Any suggestions for rain gear that's lightweight and easy to put on and off (S.FL means rain/sun/rain/sun.) Also not expensive. Appreciate your suggesions. Thanks

Frogg Toggs will let water in. And they will melt on your pipes. What ever you get make sure they have heat shields on the leggs.

I bought the Harley 2 piece. Tried them on in the store for fit. They were running a weekend special so the price was right.

Original: Aroberts

I have been looking into this as well. I had to ride in the rain for the first time today on my way home from work. Not cool without a rain suit when its 50 degrees out. I was looking into the frogg toggs but after I did some searching on these forums I have decided not to go that route. I think I am going to go with the Harley overpass.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

I just need to figure out what size will fit over my jacket and I am off to the Harley shop, I never want to be caught in the rain again. The worst part was there was a minor land slide on the road I take home so I had to sit there for over 15 minutes getting rained on.

Good luck
Just a tip about links. There is a button at the top of the message box that looks like a globe. Click on it and You will get a box to put the link in and to put a title in as well.

This is the same link and as the long one

Url's that long force the thread way off the right side of the screen.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Tourmaster I bought used off ebay and bought this one for my girlfriend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rain-...8858QQtcZphoto

excellent suit for the $$ and looks great too!

Quick Reply: Rain Gear