General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEO's suspended after wrecking out motorcyclist

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:23 AM
99_percenter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEO's suspended after wrecking out motorcyclist

This REALLY chaps my A$$,

These articles are the result of a police chase, that started from a speed trap half a block from my house.
I've been nailed by these same guys, was with my 12 yr old daughter... I got let go as I was only going 15 over.. they were just waiting for hot rollers coming by.

Watauga officer tried to block motorcyclist in chase 08/29
http://www.star-telegram.com/crime_c...ry/251382.html

Officers involved in motorcycle crash suspended without pay 10/05
http://www.star-telegram.com/233/story/258783.html

2 officers suspended over August collision 10/06
http://www.star-telegram.com/228/story/259176.html

REGARDLESS of what they did short of being fired upon...
I personally dont believethe LEOshould have intentionally knocked them off the bike.

Got enough to worry about with cagers on cell phones / teens with no expericene/clue's / soccer moms etc etc

now we got to worry about the man with the gun and badge trying squish us like bugs.

SB

Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: LEO's suspended after wrecking out motorcyclist

now we got to worry about the man with the gun and badge trying squish us like bugs.

SB

Yup. Just last week, I pitted a squid, just cuz I didn't like the color of his ride.

Most agencies (if not all) have policies in places that SPECIFICALLY ban the use of spike strips, pit maneuvers, etc against motorcycles. The majority of times, the reason the Officer is wanting to stop a motorcycle, is for traffic violations. I am sorry, but risking a guys life cuz he didn't want a speeding ticket is not worth it.

The other side of the coin? Dumbass shoulda stopped then this entire thing would be a non-issue

Old 10-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm a retired LEO and we can't block motorcyclists at all with any object. We always have to leave them an out. If the biker was guilty of murder, rape, child molestor or armed robbery they should be able to shoot them off the damn bike. Chasing a biker to death for a traffic violation is just plain stupid. I'm sure they violated numerous rules in this one and the department will pay the price for not properly training their officers or controlling their officers (which ever fits).

It is very frustrating to see the crotch rocket riders making movies about being able to out run the police officers and to see them making fun of the officers in these movies but we have to be better than they are. They don't need the Police running them off the road. They seem to do a good enough job of that on their own.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:40 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a couple of self-declared cowboys decided they were going to teach those bikers a lesson. All they had to do is get a plate# and wait for him to come home. By the time the lawsuits are done, they will wish they never left home that day. The rider is no less responsible either. His reckless disregard for traffic enforcement nearly cost his friend her life. I've done a lot of crazy chit in my time, but never with a passenger onboard. I have a choice, they don't.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:46 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I am a member of my agency's Accident/Pursuit Review Board. Based on what appears to be the motyrcyclist's side of the story, these guys may be handed their head on a platter. Will have to wait and see.

IF the Officer ONLY blocked the lane the motorcycle was in, he may be fine, as that does leave an out, provided the bike had time enough to maneuver to it. If he blocked the entire roadway, or swerved directly into the path of the bike? Rut Ro....

Old 10-07-2007, 11:58 AM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

SB

Yup. Just last week, I pitted a squid, just cuz I didn't like the color of his ride.

The other side of the coin? Dumbass shoulda stopped then this entire thing would be a non-issue
"Yup. Just last week, I pitted a squid, just cuz I didn't like the color of his ride."

hahaha that is funny right there (c:

Agreed 100% herisked his idjit life and the life of his passenger over a few moving violations.. I tell ya if that was one of my daughters on the back of that bike... I'd be uncontrolably PI$$ED oFF, at several folks.

SB

Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

I am interested in the out come of this ........ please keep me updated

Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, I'd have to agree with Switchblade. If that was my daughter, I'd be looking to kick one squids' axx for putting her in this situation.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:32 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

You "Got let go because you wereONLY doing 15 over". Sounds like these guys are being more than fair about who they target and ticket if they are letting people get away with 15 over.

While these officers seemed to overreact and violate department regulations, at what point are the police able to put their foot down and get results.

Evading police, especially on a bike seems to be becoming more of a sport every day, as is the recklessness of some riders. You all come on here harpingbecause this guy getting what he probably deserved, even though it violated department policy, and yet you come to the same forum and complain when the police in some areas don't do a chase, but confinsacate bikes when people flagrantly violate the laws and put others in danger.

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how the police are supposed to deal with this ever growing problem. They can't chase them, they can't stop them, and they can't sieze their bikes. Hell, there are even motorcycletelevision shows lately that glorify breaking the law and getting away with it. Maybe motorcycle riders should be able to do what they want just becuase they ride motorcycles.

Bill

Old 10-07-2007, 12:42 PM
walc
Cruiser

Perhaps, this is why the ***-hole wouldn't stop.

" The accident report indicates that Muzquiz's driver's license had been revoked or suspended at the time of the collision and that he had no liability insurance.
Muzquiz did not have active warrants in Tarrant County at the time of the collision, court records show. He has been arrested on suspicion of burglary, assault and unlawfully carrying a weapon, with the most recent case in 2005, court records show. "

**** him. [:@]

Quick Reply: LEO's suspended after wrecking out motorcyclist