General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEO's suspended after wrecking out motorcyclist

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Storm 4 U
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LEO's suspended after wrecking out motorcyclist

The average income of modern harley rider is 80,000$ a year.
And that's a bad thing?

Old 10-07-2007, 05:12 PM
kjriv
Road Warrior

you frigging kidding me??????

You "guys" are on SBs sh*t cause he was going 15 MPH over the limit with his kid on back?....

Whats funny is....

You don't know the road he was on...
You don't know the conditions....
You don;t know his kids riding experience...
You really don't know anything OTHER than he was doing 15 over....

which I will say, is NOTHING depending on where/when it is....

Jeex Grand Central here has 50 as a limit...and its straight for MILES, no entrances.......nothing wrong w/ doing 60-70..and I have...with my 8 yr old on back....nest times are spent with him on the back...

and before you get stupid and theorize howmuch/little I care for my guy, think twice...he's my world....

Grow some *****...and some brains.....

Old 10-07-2007, 05:15 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: geedub

I only trust a cop as far as i can throw him.Inflated EGO is the mental illness of choice for 99% of the cops.
Keep the mental illness comments to yourself, as they can only be cured one at a time.

For example, I used to suffer from having multiple personalities. With medication and counseling, we are BOTH okay now !!

There are two sides to every story, and more often than not, the real truth lies somewhere in the middle. The guy on the bike was responsible for the safety and PROTECTION of his passenger, NOT the cops. Had HE stopped (like has been previously stated), this would be a NON-Issue.

Were the Police in the wrong? I don't know. If he blocked the entire road, leaving the motorcyclist no way out, then YES he was!! If the Officer veered into the path of the motorcycle, to where the guy couldn't avoid impact, even IF there was a way out, then YES....the Cop was STILL wrong.

Even IF the Officer is not charged with a criminal offense, there will still be a civil suit filed by SOMEBODY. And given the nature of our court system, the City and PD may very well pay off on it, rather than going thru the expense of long drawn out courtroom theatrics. That IS if the PD stands behind their Officer. If he really screwed the pooch, the PD could say that he was "operating outside the scope of departmental SOP", and hang him out to dry.

We will just have to wait and see. My opinion, NOT knowing all of the facts (just like the Rest of You)....there is blame on both sides of the issue.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
blackbob
Tourer

I have Zero sympathy for anyone on a bike that gets mangled/killed while running from the police. Pull the bike over stupid, problem solved. Don't blame the cop for doing his job, it's the dumbass running from the law that is to blame, end of story.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Storm 4 U
Banned

Original: geedub
I only trust a cop as far as i can throw him.Inflated EGO is the mental illness of choice for 99% of the cops.
Excuse me for saying this but I believe you may be generalizing here
Sure you are bound to have a few bad cops just like you are bound
to have a few bad lawyers, doctors, motorcycle mechanics etc...
But when the chit hits the fan who do we always end up calling?
Your local police officer who puts himself/herself in harms way each day
When was the last time your Harley mechanic stood in front of you and took a bullet
that had your name on it?
Just another point of view here
[align=right]
[/align]

Old 10-07-2007, 05:27 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

The average income of modern harley rider is 80,000$ a year. The average Harley rider is no longer the bad *** biker they like to portray. They are more likely to be a pansy arsed yuppie who gets offended by everything. You cant even say *** around them, you have to say it in some cutsie form such as ****, or some such other sissiefied way of speaking.
Its not their fault though. Our whole country is bogged down in a movement I recently heard termed as the "homo culture" I refer to it as the pussification of our nation.
Yep we should all be tough guys like you sir, that like to speed with a kid on the back because if not it would ruin your image. Why is your bad *** on the computer anyways?Shouldn't you be out doing "badass" things and looking cool?
What a maroon

Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: kjriv

you frigging kidding me??????

You "guys" are on SBs sh*t cause he was going 15 MPH over the limit with his kid on back?....

Whats funny is....

You don't know the road he was on...
You don't know the conditions....
You don;t know his kids riding experience...
You really don't know anything OTHER than he was doing 15 over....

which I will say, is NOTHING depending on where/when it is....

Jeex Grand Central here has 50 as a limit...and its straight for MILES, no entrances.......nothing wrong w/ doing 60-70..and I have...with my 8 yr old on back....nest times are spent with him on the back...

and before you get stupid and theorize howmuch/little I care for my guy, think twice...he's my world....

Grow some *****...and some brains.....

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it however ignorant as it may be. Sorry I still think it's a dumb move.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Leo's suspended after wrecking out motorcyclist

I'm sorry but I'm locking this thread. I have now determined for the first time since I took over running this forum that there are several of you out there that I don't want to meet or to ever ride with. You can figure out who you are. This has got to be one of the stupidest threads I've read here in a long time flamed on by some of the stupidest statements I've heard in a long time. Some of you guys really need to get a life and get off your high horse and come down and play with the rest of us regular folks.