General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe vs Road King Classic for 34 year old male - need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:44 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Softail Deluxe vs Road King Classic for 34 year old male - need help

I'm 42 and had my mind set on a Road King. When I saw my Low Rider, all thoughts of the RK went out the window. I'm just not ready for a bagger, although, I'd like to have one of each. It's going to amount to what you like, what you and your girl are comfortable on, and the type of riding you will be doing. Ride as many bikes as you can to feel them out. Enjoy and good luck.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:23 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Deluxe vs Road King Classic for 34 year old male - need help

Deluxe all the way!!!!

The wife and go two up all over the place, no issues, I like the RKC too, but like the option to take off the bags and other stuff to go naked once in a while, really cant do that on the road king, its all a matter of personal taste.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like to me you spend too much time worrying about what people think & not what you like the most. The Road King is a sweet bike no matter what your age. Way more than the Deluxe. I've also heard the Deluxe called a "chick bike". Dont mean to step on any toes, but that's mho.
Joe

Old 10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

always go softail dyna's are ugly.......imho.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
FKNDLX
Banned

Not sure how all this Heritage and Dyna Talk got started but I think the original question was a Deluxe or a RK Classic, The softail is more of a bar hopper smooth ride low to the ground throwback bike with allot of power, the salesman was correct woman love it, it's hard to keep them off mine, The RK on the other hand is a bagger a totally different style bike, it's a rubber monted motor and the vibration drive me crazy, but it's a great looking bike, the stock seat on the RKC is probably 10thousand times better than the Deluxe stock seat but that can always be fixed. Best thing to do is tell the dealer your dilema and allow them to give you each bike for a day or two so you can make up your mind. (if I were to buy a bagger it would be a ultra or a RK, but I'm keeping my Deluxe)

Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
EricVonZipper
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you've ever ridden very far on a stock RKC. The seat is the worst of any current HD.

As for a Deluxe- chick bikes are cool.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:23 PM
StillMisterSlim
Intermediate

62 year old male here with an '06 Deluxe. Think it's the coolest looking bike around. And yes, you see a lot of chicks riding it because of the 24.5 seat height. I see a lot of chicks eating quarter pounders also. So your point is? Ride what you like and ride safe.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Nadil
Road Warrior

I'm 34 yrs old and have a RK Classic and love it! Stylish leather bags, white walls, cruise control, and air ride touring comfort was a no brainer. Besides, isn't the Deluxe a "girls" bike?

Old 10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
TraumaKing
Banned

Dont take this the wrong way but what is it with people asking others what they should buy? Im sorry but to me it is a very personal thing and my choice alone. The last thingI want is someone elses opinion on the bike they want or would choose. get your but off the couch and go to the dealer(s) and see what appeals to YOU!I f you want a bike that a mojority tell you ....well then why dont you just not buy one. I mean if you cant decide what YOU want when it comes to laying down hard earned cash thenI feel sorry for you.

I dont know mabey it's just me but that in my opinion is a poser extroirdinaire. get a life and and make up your own mind forgoodness sake......Your 34 years old act like it.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
rde
Road Captain

Dont take this the wrong way but what is it with people asking others what they should buy? Im sorry but to me it is a very personal thing and my choice alone. The last thingI want is someone elses opinion on the bike they want or would choose. get your but off the couch and go to the dealer(s) and see what appeals to YOU!I f you want a bike that a mojority tell you ....well then why dont you just not buy one. I mean if you cant decide what YOU want when it comes to laying down hard earned cash thenI feel sorry for you.

I dont know mabey it's just me but that in my opinion is a poser extroirdinaire. get a life and and make up your own mind forgoodness sake......Your 34 years old act like it.

So why the rant? This guy is new to the forum and new to Harley Davidson bikes. You've unloaded on this poor guy and treated him like a child. He asked a legitimate question and was looking for some advice from Harley owners.
No offense dude, but your username is TraumaKing and you're a paramedic? Don't talk to me about being a poser OK! I'd cut you some slack if you were a trauma surgeon.
Don't know what your problem is, but get over it. The guy deserved better than what you dished out.

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe vs Road King Classic for 34 year old male - need help