Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast Meet 'N' Greet a success...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: West Coast Meet 'N' Greet a success...

Man I am sorry I missed out on the meet and greet yesterday. Last minute plan change had me taking care of some family business on Saturday. I missed out on the ride and some beautiful weather to boot. Maybe next time!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer

I almost made it...[] Had the 6-speed in the bike and then found the dealer gave me the wrong bearings and push rod for the clutch...didn't get that fixed until Sat. night...[:@] Parts guys...gave me a push rod for an '86, swore it would fit my bike, even had it in the right bag for the '03. It was 1.5 inches too long, the bearings were for a '99...wouldn't fit either...[:@][:@][:@][:'(][:'(] They wouldn't take the return either until I showed them the J&P catalog that gave dimensions along with the different years. Guess that's what happens when it's just a job and none of them actually ride...except for one...and he's on a Suzuki that he has the nerve to park right out front of the door.
If you plan a Meet-n-Greeet for the Bike show in December, I'll plan on it.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Billiam92407
Tourer

Thanks Andrew. This was also my first Meet & Greet. I met some great people and saw some BEAUTIFUL bikes. Being a newbie.... (first HD) I have been learning sooooo much. I got some great ideas about mods,vendors and specs. All I can say is this. So. Cal may not have the best people or the prettiest bikes.... But we are second to none!!!!

I met some guys who live nearby (Inland Empire). Matt, John and Russ.... Thanks for the ride home!!! PM me and lets hook up for a local ride.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
ttfhell
6th Gear

Thanks for putting it together it wascool meeting everyone. Can't remember every name but there were some sweet bikes for sure. Let's get a ride with the same turnout.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:58 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Did the Mascot get sent to San Diego? I'd really like another chance to sign it

Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

I split where I could and some of the cagers parted but I'm slow still since I don't have to do it too often I'm still wary of it.I also don't split where freeways merge...heck almost got killed by a Dodge stationwagon and I was in my lane.

Besides I don't mind doing it for a few miles but its just to nerve racking for meto do for 30 miles.....prefer tojust to go around.
Hi Bluerose. I agree with you. White-lining is the most stressful form of riding. It was nice meeting you!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

Did the Mascot get sent to San Diego? I'd really like another chance to sign it
Yep...Gamma742 (Bob) has possession. Keep an ey out for him to put together a meetthen the mascot should turn back north towards No. Cal, Oregon, and Washington (Even Canada maybe!)

Old 10-08-2007, 02:25 PM
marcss
Road Captain

Sorry I missed it but a friend talked me into going to Pa;m Springs. The event wasn't the draw. Going through Joshua Tree, the people, the bikes, and the ride back was. Basically we rode all day both days. First time on the 74 to Ortega Hwy all the way to PCH. North through Laguna all the way home. Weather was perfect. Did almost 600 miles. Nice.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
nastyHD
Road Captain

good times with cool people[sm=biker2.gif].......We'll have todo it again before it starts raining. I see I got my ugly mug into some of the pics, sorry.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 AM
designknd
Road Captain

damn, wish I could have rolled out with you all, looks like a great turn out. I will for sure make the next one.

Quick Reply: West Coast Meet 'N' Greet a success...