General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beautiful Day for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007 | 06:28 PM
Bluerose
Default Beautiful Day for a ride

I really wanted to ride this morning...no special reason just hate to miss commuting in good weather and tomorrow is supposed to be drizzly. So I finished cleaning up my bags (bike itself was spotless)which I hadn't gotten to since our trip and saddled up this morning.

About 9:30 am I got a call from the MRI person I had gone to for my back, they found they needed to take a few more pictures and could I come in today....hmmmm...that is an hour ride from my work and about a 1/2 hour home (50 to 60 miles plus traffic delays)...Sure! Told the boss I had to leave at noon.

It was between 75 and 80 degrees, traffic was light. My least favorite freeway was even actually light on traffic and it was doing a mild 70 - 75 mph. I got to ride through the section of freeway I went on the very first time I was brave enough to get on the freeway witha bike. That had me remanicing a bit (it's not super close to my house).

The fall flowers were blooming including the purple sage.....ahhhh....nice day to get called to the radiologist

I sooooo need to play hooky more often.[8D]

Old 10-04-2007 | 06:30 PM
wildhair1
Cruiser
Default RE: Beautiful Day for a ride

Good for you!! We all need to play hooky and ride a bit more! Clears my head up riding and not having to deal with life for a while.

Old 10-04-2007 | 06:33 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

That sounds like a nice day for riding. I need to ride more especially now that our weather is getting great here in Arizona and I am retired.

Old 10-04-2007 | 06:43 PM
Bluerose

Got home to find Hubby had stolen my car to go to the hospital to visithisfriend (the friend is very very sick and may not make it [&o]).

Think I'll take the little rebel over to Physical therapy...it hasn't been ridden for a while so it needs it. Believe it or not it can be a blast to ride that little thing.

Old 10-04-2007 | 07:00 PM
RedlegRK
Cruiser

You definitely chose wisely. Good way to clear the mind. (Plus goes along with the quote in my sig!)

Hope you had fun ...

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:58 PM
elcid1989
Road Captain

There's days I ride at lunch time just to get out of the office and clear my head. It's like the sign I saw posted before... You've never seen a Harley outside a Psychiatrist's office unless it's the Dr's!

Old 10-04-2007 | 09:10 PM
xlr8rtwisted
Cruiser

Great to get off work and just ride isn't it?

I haven't taken a day off in almost a year. My son came back from Iraq last Sat. and I decided to take some time off. We've been catchin up on things and ridin. The weather has been perfect. Taking off to NY tomorrow for the weekend to visit relatives. The leaves are in Peak right now.

Keep ridin safe and good luck with your back.

Old 10-04-2007 | 10:11 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: xlr8rtwisted

Great to get off work and just ride isn't it?

I haven't taken a day off in almost a year. My son came back from Iraq last Sat. and I decided to take some time off. We've been catchin up on things and ridin. The weather has been perfect. Taking off to NY tomorrow for the weekend to visit relatives. The leaves are in Peak right now.

Keep ridin safe and good luck with your back.
That's what is missing out here....the leaves....