General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention Moderators: Small Complaint/Suggestion!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005 | 03:17 PM
RetroHarley
|
Tourer
Default Attention Moderators: Small Complaint/Suggestion!

Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but after reading the "Annual Insurance Cost?" post this morning I hit the proverbial "frustrated" roof.

Here's my SMALL complaint, why when a member has provided their City and or State in the "Additional Info" section of their bio it does not show up under the member's info in a message. The only time a person's location shows up is if they have ADDITIONALLY added the info in their bio under the Member's Bio section.

I understand the privacy issues, but correct me if I'm wrong, if they have provided the info in the additional info section, they are not that concerned about privacy. It made reading posts like "my insurance costs $2500 annually" but didn't provide a city or state very painful. You were forced to click their name and scroll down to the additional info to see where they were from, then backspace to the message.

I've used my Bio to show that you have to enter twice and used pilot's Bio to show the other example (sorry pilot)!

It would also make reading threads like "Great ride today" or "Deer whistles" when he posts "Does anyone know anything about the small deer whistles that supposedly transmit a high pitch as the wind travels through them? Do they work? I noticed a set on a bike the other day".

Don't you just want to know where they are from? Who the heck is out riding when I'm frozen up here in Minneapolis?

Just a small complaint but one that would make this board much more enjoyable if it could be corrected.

Old 12-07-2005 | 03:23 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Attention Moderators: Small Complaint/Suggestion!

Yes, have some!

I agree, I find myself constantly opening profiles to see the info they made public anyhow.

But I'm just a passenger, so I'll shuddup and hang on now.

Old 12-07-2005 | 03:27 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm thinking this: If your hometown is listed under you public bio, anybody can read it and know were to find you. If you just post it in the additional info section it is only visible in your member profile which is accessable to members only and not the general public. Seems reasonable to me.

Old 12-07-2005 | 04:28 PM
RetroHarley
|
Tourer

I understand what you are saying, but how easy could it be IF I wanted to hunt you (Tripper) down in.......(hold on while I click on your name to see where you are from)................................(left blank to respect your privacy).

I mean come on, finding Tripper in _____ is going to be really difficult. Keeping your name private is one thing, but your city and state while we are using RetroHarley and Tripper as names?

How about we vote on it?? Maybe just use States, at least it will help.

Old 12-07-2005 | 05:15 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

Always thought if they didn't publish their real name and location they were commie pinko terrorists trying to inflitrate the biker sub-cultue to subvert the government of the United States.

OR

They were Honda riding sissy wannabe posers with small genitalia trying to be real men

Or

They didn't see the section to input the info

Old 12-07-2005 | 05:32 PM
RetroHarley
|
Tourer

Exactly my thoughts, most Honda riding sissy wannabe posers with small genitalia trying to be real men are from So. Cal anyway, so who cares.

Otherwise, if they were rough and tough Harley studs they would live in the Up North Tundra (like say Minneapolis) just to prove it. [sm=roll.gif]

Old 12-07-2005 | 05:47 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

Exactly my thoughts, most Honda riding sissy wannabe posers with small genitalia trying to be real men are from So. Cal anyway, so who cares.

Otherwise, if they were rough and tough Harley studs they would live in the Up North Tundra (like say Minneapolis) just to prove it. [sm=roll.gif]
Wait a minute, I'm from So. Cal....although most of the time I'm ashamed to admit it

I heard that those from the frozen tundra don't have any genitalia at all, froze 'em off riding their Harley while drunk and naked from the waist down after a Viking game. Pink ***** to blue ***** to snow *****. Sons girlfriend is from Mn. heard horror stories about the winter there.

Old 12-07-2005 | 06:30 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

What I wanna know is, why you don't wave.....

Old 12-07-2005 | 06:43 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member

Why would I want to wave at: commie pinko terrorists sissy wannabe posers with small genitalia trying to be real men who are trying to inflitrate the biker sub-culture to subvert the government of the United States. Besides, if you are up in the Northern Tundra not only would your ***** freeze off, it you stick your hand out to wave it will freeze and fall off. They don't wave in California because most of the 'guys' have limp wrists and it looks silly!

Old 12-07-2005 | 07:15 PM
SMenasco
Road Master

I agree. I have changed mine.

Quick Reply: Attention Moderators: Small Complaint/Suggestion!