General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW TEXAS YOUNGSTER!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005 | 03:44 AM
rcbaseball10
|
4th Gear
Default NEW TEXAS YOUNGSTER!

I have had my Heritage Softail Classic since September. I am only nineteen and no other people my age seem to have good taste in motocycles like me. It is hard for me to find others to ride with? Does anyone else seem to have this problem.

Old 12-07-2005 | 07:35 AM
bonedigger67
Advanced
Default RE: NEW TEXAS YOUNGSTER!

Heya.

My answer to this would be...Do you have -any- friends that ride? It shouldn't really matter so much if they ride a Harley or not. I've always ridden in a mixed group and have actually persuaded a few to get a Harley. I've never really understood the whole...'I'm better than you cuz you only ride a Rice Burner' thing. But that's just me...Though I can't recall the last time I was ever snubbed by a biker for riding my VStar when I wasn't on my Harley, either. Or...you know...you could go it solo, too. Sometimes that can be more fun than riding groups.

Take care...and good luck with your new bike. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Douglas

Old 12-07-2005 | 07:51 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master

Welcome!! Glad you found the forum!

If you want to ride with folks in your age group...it'll be a little harder to find HD riders to cruise with, but they are out there. I'm with bonedigger, just find some guys who ride, whatever 2 wheeler they've got. If somebody doesn't want a different brand in their little group, those're probably not guys you wanna roll with anyway. If you're not worried about age, there's all kinds of groups out there, mixed and matched and every variation. Most of us don't care about the age of the folks, as long as they wanna ride. Keep looking, and you'll find a group to fit in with.

Enjoy the ride.

Old 12-07-2005 | 09:29 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Where are you located? I might be a little older than you, but I'll ride with anyone who doesn't act like a goofball while riding. Ive got a couple riding buddies who are younger than me and a few who are quite older. Doesn't matter age, just common sense and the enjoyment of riding and checking out the scenery.
Enjoy that ride!

Old 12-07-2005 | 09:45 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm going to move this to General Harley Davidson Chat...

Old 12-07-2005 | 11:17 AM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

i know what u mean i'm 17 and can't ride to school without getting harassed about riding a harley, i tell 'em i can make money if i sell my scoot you'll lose $3000 when you try and sell your crotch rocket

Old 12-07-2005 | 11:36 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Try joining the a HOG chapter that a good way to meet people who love to ride.

Old 12-07-2005 | 11:43 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Find some older guys to take you under their wing. You will learn to appreciate life, and your choice of rides, and maybe get exposed to what it really means to be a Harley biker.

You will also have the opportunity learn a code of conduct and honor that will serve you well in what ever you do in life.

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-07-2005 | 01:26 PM
72Hog
Cruiser

Welcome! I'm from San Antonio, so if you're ever in the neighborhood, I'll ride with ya. I'm not that much older than you. I don't know anyone to ride with here in SA. It's always good to have someone to ride with.

Old 12-07-2005 | 02:16 PM
bonedigger67
Advanced

RC and 72...I'm from SA as well. I'll ride pretty much any weather unless there's ice on the road. Not that I'm all that scared of ice, considering I'm transplanted from Illinois...but it's the other knuckleheads that can't drive around me. Seriously, though...If y'all ever wanna take a ride...just lemme know. I've really yet to meet many riders out this way, but that's cuz I have a -really- messed up work schedule. Just lemme know!

Douglas

Quick Reply: NEW TEXAS YOUNGSTER!