Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your help. My dad was killed Aug 20

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:42 PM
jhnmflr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need your help. My dad was killed Aug 20

I to sent an email . My sympathy goes out to you and yours . Keep your head up .

Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,823 Likes on 802 Posts

I am VERY sorry for your loss... and VERY angry at the possibility this clown gets off with a slap on the wrist. I will be sending an email in support.

Take care.

Clammy

Old 12-09-2005, 06:56 PM
steveokla
Tourer

I would contact the AMA.. they might get involved too!

Old 12-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Capt. Sparrow
Intermediate

Have been lurking for a while. Great forum you've got here.

The post that got me to register as a member was this one regarding the death of Bob Correy.
After reading the original post, I immediately sent an e-mail to Mr. Foote, the DA in Boulder Colorado.
After my e-mail was forwarded to several people in the DA's office, I received a reply from Mr. Foote.
I haven't seen anyone else mention that they received a reply, but maybe it's because I live in the area of this accident and he feels that I might be a registered voter.

Mr. Foote claims that as of 12/9/05, no offer or sentencing has been submitted for Mr. Martinez. In fact, he seemed rather concerned that I even knew of this situation.

I will continue to correspond with Mr. Foote so that as soon as there is a disposition, I can forward it on to all of you.

Hopefully, if he continues to receive letters from the motorcycling community, he will feel pressured to do the right thing.

Mike

Old 12-09-2005, 08:45 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your dad Melanie...my sincere condolences to you and your family. I also sent an e-mail to the DA's office...I hope this can make some small difference.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:46 AM
brianseay
Tourer

Melanie,
I just wanted to pass along my families condolences to you and your family. I just sent an email to the DA as well. I really hope and pray that it will do some good. Please keep us posted on how this all works out. Again may God bless you and yours in your time of need and May He bless you and give you the strength you need to get thru this terrible ordeal.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1518/764CE830D1CD4134A31982A077CEFA1A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2005, 02:46 AM
cmorris48
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOu have my deepest sympathies and will keep you and your family in our prayers. E-mail sent if it bounces back like others, I am sure there is probably some type of e-mail filter or blocker (firewall) on his puter. Will try the phone first thing in the a.m. there is way too much of folks getting off with a slap when they deserve a slam dunk...to prison . Good luck and God speed.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:13 AM
mstone
2nd Gear

I am so encouraged by the response from everyone on this board! The outpouring of support has really touched my heart and I am proud that my dad was a member of such a loyal community of like minded people!

One of the reasons this is so heartbreaking is that my dad had recently retired from a 40+ year career as an electrical engineer and had been planning a special retirement adventure for about 2 years. He was sooo looking forward to this trip!

He was planning to ride from Boulder, CO up to the NW coast of Washington then down through Oregon and finally meeting at my sisters house in Huntington Harbor, CA. From there he was going to travel with my sister and her fiance to a resort in Utah where they were to be married. This was my sisters first wedding and all her friends and our entire family had reservations to attend.

Then Mr. Martinez changed his mind and decided he wanted to go left instead of right and everyone's plans were cancelled.

My sister is now married, but my father wasn't there. In fact, no one was there. Except the justice of the peace. The wedding budget was spent flying to Colorado to stand by my father's bedside while the doctors told us that there was no hope and they would keep him going until they could harvest his organs because he was a registered donor. We had to let him go while the machines kept his body alive. In the end they never even used any organs.

Mr. Foote is meeting with Mario Martinez' attorney today. I will post as soon as I hear the result of the meeting. I hope we have all made a difference and no ridiculous offer is made!

Again, thank you for all you have done! I think it has helped!

Melanie

[IMG]local://upfiles/6292/095CE0670F68477FA795B754D945BD70.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-13-2005, 12:16 PM
dert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email sent...mario ,if he has any conscience at all,will pay dearly now and in where ever he ends up.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:29 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

Just fired one off Melanie........tactful but still a scorcher.

Good luck with your battle and God Bless you!

Quick Reply: Need your help. My dad was killed Aug 20