General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where are all the bikers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: where are all the bikers...

ORIGINAL: bosnmate

Thank you sir. You are gentleman and a scholar!!!

Now then, since it has been determined from the prospect that I am not a biker, I guess I'll go wash the grease out of my hair. Heck, I might even comb it too!!!
Is it that time the month?I have another 2 weeks before I see any soap & water

Old 10-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: The Punisher

Man we got a real life philosopher right here on HDF. Welcome Aristotle I see your making friends right away.
What??????? I'm an idiot,,,I thought it was Nostradamus

Old 10-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Jyoumb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we've had not so much the last couple of winters. and the other side of lake michigan we get squalls along the coast. but the salt! in northern michigan where i sometimesride, we also get around 100" of snow. i absolutely love snow riding. big knobbies and slush and that damn salt.

i got the idea of the klr 650 when a friend of mine---he's really funny---and also amused by the whole "biker" thing rode up to a friend's house (on his klr) whose driveway was covered with harleys and some beemers, sporting a loud striped shirt, sport shorts, high tube socks withthose silly little red stripes, a ball cap on sideways and abig lollipop. he didn't simply stand his bike next to the others, but instead dropped it on the lawn much like a kid would do with his bicycle, and removed the sucker from his mouth and said, "wanna ride bikes?"

my bud went on to explain that he's tired of keeping the fancy ride clean and that this bike is liberating. he hoses it off and that's it. you know, he's right. i ride that bike a lot, too.

so yes, i do ride all winter. the biggest hassle isdressing and undressing. it can sometimes get messy, too. i hang the clothing outside a lot because nobody appreciates the muck in their homes.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:27 PM
The Punisher
Banned

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Man we got a real life philosopher right here on HDF. Welcome Aristotle I see your making friends right away.
Well he has predicited that we are all a bunch of poseurs

Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
celticgent
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bosnmate

Thank you sir. You are gentleman and a scholar!!!

Now then, since it has been determined from the prospect that I am not a biker, I guess I'll go wash the grease out of my hair. Heck, I might even comb it too!!!
and you won't even have to use your switchblade comb?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Jyoumb
Advanced

Iused to write medical commentary. Sorry, sometimesI can't help myself. maybe not so ironically,I used to write about posturing, deceptive practices, false advertising, etc.I quit when i was once edited.

*edited for capitalization (and the distinct hope he might leave) - zombie edit*

Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

He sure as hell did,but that doesn't impress me.
Now if he can eat an apple & sh*t a fruitsalad,,,,that would impres me.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
The Punisher
Banned

I ate a steak the other night and **** a bowl of chili. Does that impress you.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
celticgent
Road Master

actually, i have been thinking about one of those dual-purpose bikes for winter ever since i saw one last january when it was 19 degrees.

my wife think's i'm insane, and i don't know if i'll ever get one becausei don't have the dirtbike background to be able to ride it effectively in the snow, but you never know.

i'd love to have one of those 2-wheel drive Ural sidecar jobs.

maybe someday.

your friend sounds like somebody i'd get along with pretty well.

ORIGINAL: Jyoumb

we've had not so much the last couple of winters. and the other side of lake michigan we get squalls along the coast. but the salt! in northern michigan where i sometimesride, we also get around 100" of snow. i absolutely love snow riding. big knobbies and slush and that damn salt.

i got the idea of the klr 650 when a friend of mine---he's really funny---and also amused by the whole "biker" thing rode up to a friend's house (on his klr) whose driveway was covered with harleys and some beemers, sporting a loud striped shirt, sport shorts, high tube socks withthose silly little red stripes, a ball cap on sideways and abig lollipop. he didn't simply stand his bike next to the others, but instead dropped it on the lawn much like a kid would do with his bicycle, and removed the sucker from his mouth and said, "wanna ride bikes?"

my bud went on to explain that he's tired of keeping the fancy ride clean and that this bike is liberating. he hoses it off and that's it. you know, he's right. i ride that bike a lot, too.

so yes, i do ride all winter. the biggest hassle isdressing and undressing. it can sometimes get messy, too. i hang the clothing outside a lot because nobody appreciates the muck in their homes.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
bosnmate
Banned

He sure as hell did,but that doesn't impress me.
Now if he can eat an apple & sh*t a fruitsalad,,,,that would impres me.
Oh, ohh, ohh. How much for that one. That was better than the **** one. I almost fell on the floor.

Quick Reply: where are all the bikers...