General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This place is getting perty sad

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007 | 07:14 AM
ken01976
Road Master
Default RE: This place is getting perty sad

ORIGINAL: flhx74

I still can't figure outthe purpose offingerless gloves though...
Ever try pickin yer nose with full fingered gloves? Its not easy...

Old 10-01-2007 | 07:23 AM
BluePotato
Road Captain

So we can pick our noses without having to remove our gloves.

Old 10-01-2007 | 07:26 AM
jskwarek
Road Master

It is simple. I wear them cause my grips are rough so I wanted to protection and comfort of a glove, but I don't like losing the feeling of my finger tips when I need them, digging for change flipping switches, etc. I don't want to have to look at something when I can just feel it with my finger tips, and I don't want to take my gloves off and on.

Plus here in Dallas it is to damn hot for gloves year around, so with fingerless gloves I get the protection and comfort in my palms when riding that I am looking for, but don't have to worry about the loss of sensation of heat from a full size glove. To each there own, that is why they sell more then one pair. If that makes me gay, that makes you a simple minded A$$.

Jeff

Old 10-01-2007 | 07:30 AM
ricoman
Road Master

fingerless gloves give palm protection and allow you to pick your nose withou having to remove your gloves.

Old 10-01-2007 | 07:49 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

I never gave it a thought what it might look like when I cut the fingers off at set of gloves back in 1970. Hey, but the original post was something about posting topics with substance other than what seemed to upset 92classic.
Maybe you could give us a list of topics that would be ok to talk about there 92, then you could join us while we mused them.

Old 10-01-2007 | 07:54 AM
Varooom
Road Captain

The fingerless gloves actually started a long time ago when bikes has carbs (anyone remember that!). You still want protection on your palms, but you need to make carb adjustments often, so the fingerless gloves. It started with the clubs in South Cali (go figure) but they would just cut the thumb and finger off the gloves, right hand. Then it spread from there.
If you dont like them, don't ware them, thats fine. But, be carful of the "gay" stuff. You really don't know what you are talking about.

Doug

Old 10-01-2007 | 08:09 AM
flhx74
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Varooom

The fingerless gloves actually started a long time ago when bikes has carbs (anyone remember that!). You still want protection on your palms, but you need to make carb adjustments often, so the fingerless gloves. It started with the clubs in South Cali (go figure) but they would just cut the thumb and finger off the gloves, right hand. Then it spread from there.
If you dont like them, don't ware them, thats fine. But, be carful of the "gay" stuff. You really don't know what you are talking about.

Doug

Thanks...that's interesting info.

Old 10-01-2007 | 08:17 AM
kerberos
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Kolni

So gay guys can look tough. ( I think)
I wear 'em in the summer because I sweat a lot, and my grips are metal. Keeps my hands from slippin' around.
Or maybe it's my repressed turd burglar trying to get out, I dunno.

Here's what you do:
Next time you see someone wearing some fingerless gloves, just go up and ask 'em.
"What's the purpose of those fingerless gloves? You some kinda homo or something?"

Be sure and report back on the response you get so we can all benefit.

Old 10-01-2007 | 08:22 AM
hillrod
Banned

Who forces anyone to read this drivel? Don't like what you read? Then GFO (about to be banned troll)

Old 10-01-2007 | 08:22 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: kerberos

I wear 'em in the summer because I sweat a lot, and my grips are metal. Keeps my hands from slippin' around.
Or maybe it's my repressed turd burglar trying to get out, I dunno.

Here's what you do:
Next time you see someone wearing some fingerless gloves, just go up and ask 'em.
"What's the purpose of those fingerless gloves? You some kinda homo or something?"

Be sure and report back on the response you get so we can all benefit.
The anonymity of the Internet gives some people the ***** to say things theywouldn't say in person. The truth is that people that argue about stupid crap on the Internet would most likely get along great when they are face-to-face. That's just how it goes (as I'm sure you know.) It's goofy really and one of the "bad" things about TeH InTaRwEb.

Quick Reply: This place is getting perty sad