General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD heated jacket liner

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:44 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HD heated jacket liner

Have the jacket and the gloves (liner is HD (made by Gerbing), gloves are Gerbing) and couldn't be happier. If you have a battery tender, they make an adapter to plug your heated gear into, but I just wired up the plug provided with the jacket and good to go.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Bluerose

Has any one tried Widder? Saw someone with it on today.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:18 AM
IcemanVA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm going to catch flak for this but if you are looking for heated gear, it would be worth your effort to check out this site:

http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_list...ng/des/?page=1

YES, I know its a goldwing site, but the prices, workmanship and overall qualityis great. I know because my bud is a winger and has the socks, pant liner, jacket liner and gloves and swears by them. I was impressed that they even come with the TEMP control, unlike what I've seen at other places where u mustbuy it asa separate item.

I ordered my gearfrom there this past weekend.

-Did I also mention that theyutilize a safer heating system and draw less power than Gerbings?

NO----I don't work for them, just an average Joe here trying to help a brother out based off my experience.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought one last year and wore it all winter. Love it. I also got the heated gloves.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: IcemanVA

-Did I also mention that theyutilize a safer heating system and draw less power than Gerbings?
What is unsafe about the Gerbings/HD gear?

Old 12-03-2007, 08:31 AM
IcemanVA
Cruiser

I should've said "updated heating technology" instead...my bad. They use an infared heating technology instead ofwires. Looking at his jacket liner you don't find cords running through the material.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I know I'm going to catch flak for this but if you are looking for heated gear, it would be worth your effort to check out this site:

YES, I know its a goldwing site, but the prices, workmanship and overall qualityis great. I know because my bud is a winger and has the socks, pant liner, jacket liner and gloves and swears by them. I was impressed that they even come with the TEMP control, unlike what I've seen at other places where u mustbuy it asa separate item.

NO----I don't work for them, just an average Joe here trying to help a brother out based off my experience.
The heated gear they sell is Tour Master's Synergy brand of heated gear. I looked all over Tour Master's site for warranty info and could find nothing. It looks like a nice line of products.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:41 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my HD liner last year and it has the wires running through it.Is this infrared heating something new? Never heard of it in clothes.

I should've said "updated heating technology" instead...my bad. They use an infared heating technology instead ofwires. Looking at his jacket liner you don't find cords running through the material.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 AM
IcemanVA
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Jim Dawson

The heated gear they sell is Tour Master's Synergy brand of heated gear. I looked all over Tour Master's site for warranty info and could find nothing. It looks like a nice line of products.
Let me check with my bud on the warranty info, I believe he had something come with the gear he bought. He's a pack rat so Im sure he kept all the paperwork.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
spikehyre
Road Master

ORIGINAL: capt775

ORIGINAL: drdiesel1

ORIGINAL: capt775

Will this thing plug into the accessory plug on my Ultrathat I didn't know I had until I read about it tonight on this forum?
Yes, BUT.......[8D]You will need to install a plug to plug into. It`s controlled by the AUX switch on the lower dash closeout next to the Cruise switch.
Buy Gerbing. They make good quality stuff that will last. Not like the H-D heated hand Grips.....[:@]
Thanks for the info, and I may be way off here but I saw in another post that I have a plug that hangs down by the right, side cover, by the seat. Some were saying it stayed hot all the time, some thought it was for a battery tender, some for a heated seat. I thought maybe you could plug this jacket liner to it.
Gerbing will tell you NOT to use the battery tender as a power source. In fact I think they changed the adaptor of their units so it is not compatible. The sell the pigtail for about $12 or provide it at no charge if you buy the dual unit thermostat...

Quick Reply: HD heated jacket liner