General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Many Prefer Solo ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:45 AM
NiteRider
|
Cruiser
Default How Many Prefer Solo ?

In my area, there are hundreds of Harley Riders for some insane reason. But what I find most interesting about them is, most only ride with others or they don't ride at all. I like a small group from time to time but mostly I enjoy riding Solo or just with my Lady on the back. My reasons are simple, whenever we ride with others, the agenda is hardly what we like to do when we're out and about.

There'a always a camera in my pouch and often while cruising through the country roads or whatever, we'll see something that looks interesting and like to stop and take it in for awhile. But in a group, it's always from point A to point B .. oh yeah unless there's a Bar in between. And even then, I'll usually hang out side for awhile and do stuff like check my bike out or burn a bone while we wait. But seriously, I don't get the big Runs .. they are boring to say the least.

You ride in a group but you're not socializing with anyone because we're all spread out with each person taking switching off lead once in awhile. You can't have a conversation with your fellow Riders because you can't hear what they're saying until you get to a light. And even then, you have to keep it short & sweet because as soon as the light changes, you're back in your own World within the confines of a group.

Even the Charity Runs, which I do a lot of, it's still more about who's on your bike then who's around you ...

eh that's just my head .. what about you ..?

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:51 AM
shoptroll
Banned
Default RE: How Many Prefer Solo ?

Solo is nice because you do what you want, when you want. But, having a few hardcore ridin' buddies would be nice too.

Old 09-29-2007 | 01:14 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

I generaly ride solo or with one friend. I've never ridden with more than eight people at a time so I cant comment on large groups. Even with the small group of eight it was a pain having to stop whenI didn't want to or trying to keep up while clearing intersections and traffic congested areas. I definately prefer riding alone or with one person.

Old 09-29-2007 | 01:24 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member

The only time I ride with a group is when I'm on a PGR mission. Other than that, I ride solo.

Old 09-29-2007 | 01:38 AM
Kolni
Banned

I prefer it actually, without a passenger.

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:23 AM
darkside
Banned

95% solo for me.I just prefer it that way.

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:31 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I almost always ride alone. Mainly because most of my buddies do not ride, and the ones that do have different schedules. I prefer to be able to do what I want, stop when I want, etc. For me, riding alone is what makes for the most enjoyable ride. My time to be.

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:38 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

One annual charity a year (Ride for Kids) and PGR missions are the only times I ride in a group. The rest of the time I go solo.

Old 09-29-2007 | 06:55 AM
Blade68
Ultimate HDF Member

Solo most of the time or with one to three others is best. Don't really care for large group rides. But love to hear them roll by...

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:05 AM
Fats4life
Cruiser

solo for me too and if a group 3 or 4 at the most

Quick Reply: How Many Prefer Solo ?