General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Many Prefer Solo ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007 | 10:13 AM
69Shark
Tourer
Default RE: How Many Prefer Solo ?

I ride alone most of the time. Nobody commutes at my hours or in Seattle weather like I do. I have riden with some folks but the more I ride with others the more I prefer alone. Sometimes the others downright scare me.

Old 09-29-2007 | 10:23 AM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

Been a lone wolf my whole life, and prefer to ride that way too.

Old 09-29-2007 | 01:20 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

The vast majority of my riding is done alone. I prefer to not have to worry about the pace, or stopping whenever I want/need to, etc... that said, I do like a group ride form time to time. I learn things from others, and I get to meet new riders that way.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-29-2007 | 02:08 PM
JC650
Road Captain

I have not been on a ride with any other bikes at all this year. I work afternoons and rotate days off so its not easy to find anyone anyway. I prefer to ride by myself or just me and the wife.

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:59 PM
nomad billy
Ultimate HDF Member

mostly by myself , my old hardcore riding partners have pretty well scattered.we went from miss.river to cal ,to ore. and back one summer.everyone got to be roadcapt for a day.what a riot,six different ideas over a 2 mo. period,no bitc!! not allowed no matter what. u b!!!! u dont get to be roadcapt on your day.worked great, done that for a number of yrs. When we all get retired we,ll do it again

Old 09-29-2007 | 05:12 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

The people I ride with, tend to be like me and we want to stop at the same places,
however...if I ride solo....I usually find a place to stop and wish the others were with me.
But then, when I am solo with the G/F as a passenger.......all gets screwed up and I wish I
was solo.(Just joking Schmookie)

Chuck

Old 09-29-2007 | 05:33 PM
miketami
Cruiser

Almost never ride solo. The wife rides her own, hertiage, so we are allways out together. We are also members of a great group and ride, and do many of the rallies; sturgis, laconia, myrtle next week, with them. When you find the right group, there is nothing better.

Old 09-29-2007 | 06:46 PM
HuronBob
Cruiser

I did a group ride last weekend (charity ride) with 200 bikes.. it was my first, and will be my last..

alone... the way it is supposed to be...

Old 09-29-2007 | 08:37 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

Bought the solo seat the second day after I bought the Dyna. I don't play well with others and nobody wants to ride on the bib.

Old 09-29-2007 | 09:45 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member

If it weren't for my riding buddy, I probably wouldn't ride half as much as I do. I don't care much for groups, but we do have on occasion four or five bikes along. 'S okay too. As for solo, I enjoy taking solo road trips or with just one other. The best times is when my wife and I just hop on the bike and go for a ride around town, and stop off for ice cream. She can't do the long haul, so what time she can ride is cool with me. Mostly, I just love to ride.

Quick Reply: How Many Prefer Solo ?