General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Many Prefer Solo ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:06 AM
Wes10RG
Tourer
Default RE: How Many Prefer Solo ?

Back in Northern VA I rode with 2bros regularly for a Saturday or Sunday 150-200 mile cruise. Three in a formation just seemed cool and it almost felt like solo.
Been flying solo here in Texas but finding I'm not riding as much.

Funny, I stopped here cause I thought you were talking about a solo seat, which I'm fixing to (Texas speak) buy.

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:12 AM
6speed
Banned

Any bike I've owned has had the factory seat replaced with a solo.

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:14 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

Solo is the way to go! But I also have 3 or 4 guys I ride with on occasion, that can be fun too.

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:15 AM
Mnhorsemom
Cruiser

Hub and I ride alot with another couple we met this summer. It's nice to ride with them cause they are geezers like us and like to go slow and stop often. We do stop at some bars, but since 3 out of the 4 don't drink it's usually for a soda. We also enjoy pulling over at a scenic outlook or wayside rest just to stretch our legs and enjoy the scenery.

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:46 AM
ironhorselady
Road Master

RaftGyde and I ride with just the 2 of us most (almost all) of the time and definitely prefer it that way for all of the above reasons. We're (semi-active) members of our local HOG chapter, though, and there's certain rides every year that we participate in. We do them for different reasons including the social aspect to keep in touch with casual friends, and the charity involved. It's a helluva lot nicer donating to charity when it involves riding our bikes and seeing the direct rewards of it than just stroking a check! If we ride a "not quite" local poker run for a good charity, we head out by ourselves instead of joining a groupand have discovered some new, great roads this way by traveling the written route. If there's kids involved as the recipients, you can usually count me in!

Old 09-29-2007 | 08:48 AM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

I have a lot of friends that ride, so I do a fair amount of group riding. But there are times were I'm just not in the mood to have to watch my pace and watch out for others...and I just take off by myself. I think I enjoy it most when riding with just 1 other bike. Gives me someone to talk to at lunch.

Old 09-29-2007 | 09:09 AM
phat96
Road Warrior

Riding solo. Only have to think of what's in front of me, the tunes and cleansing my mind.

Old 09-29-2007 | 09:17 AM
vicks96
Tourer

Ill go for a solo ride in a skinny minute if the op presents itself. I also am fortunate to have about 4 or 5 buddies to ride with and we all get along well and always have a good ride when we get together. It usually involves a lunch somewhere and a lot of backroad rides all around central NC. This Monday we will probably be out and about somewhere headed for a buffet.

Old 09-29-2007 | 09:38 AM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member

Ditto, I can set my own pace and with only 2 to 4 other riders, mostare fairly similar in their riding styles so the ride has a steady pace so that you can enjoy it rather than trying to catch up or slow down. Besides, with one or only a couple riders, stops aren't usually that long unless you want to make them so.

Old 09-29-2007 | 10:05 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned

i ride alone lots...i also have a few friends i'll ride with, some are members here...i find both rewarding

Quick Reply: How Many Prefer Solo ?