General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:17 PM
mnvikingsfan
|
Road Captain
Default why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

Why the hell do these riding groups/groups or whatever feel the need to ride and barhop??? WTF??? That's about as good as idea as playing russian roulette! Can't anyone just ride and have a nice lunch and call ita day??

All I know having ONE BEER is fine with some lunch or whatever, but I've been on a few rides where I have watched people drink like its a frickin bachelor party or something-one guy backing up his bike even fell over after a few too many....and no I'm not talking just about Harley riders, I'm talking about metric clubs as well.....it seems every "Bike Nite" ad I see involves drinking which blows me away....even the events at the HD dealer once a month live band and drinking! Crazy if you ask me. All I know is if I'm gonna get loaded, I sure as hell am not riding my Harley home afterwards!!

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:24 PM
old95
Road Captain
Default RE: why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

I think most agree, that is why the response is so low to your post, as far as beer etc. being sold a bike events, just dumb, but if that's what others want then so be it, someone must buy or they would stop selling it at such events, kind of like spam, someone must buy or they would stop.

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:35 PM
06train
Road Warrior

Bar hop ? Well I have been there I just don't drink or limit it....And I think I feel better than D/Q hoppin.I can't eat that much ice cream..

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:12 PM
HD_Maxima
Cruiser

Hey 06 Train,

Where you from in central PA? And whose car is in your avatar?

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:17 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mnvikingsfan

Why the hell do these riding groups/groups or whatever feel the need to ride and barhop??? WTF??? That's about as good as idea as playing russian roulette! Can't anyone just ride and have a nice lunch and call ita day??

All I know having ONE BEER is fine with some lunch or whatever, but I've been on a few rides where I have watched people drink like its a frickin bachelor party or something-one guy backing up his bike even fell over after a few too many....and no I'm not talking just about Harley riders, I'm talking about metric clubs as well.....it seems every "Bike Nite" ad I see involves drinking which blows me away....even the events at the HD dealer once a month live band and drinking! Crazy if you ask me. All I know is if I'm gonna get loaded, I sure as hell am not riding my Harley home afterwards!!
WHAT? You mean I was suppose to drink alcohol at the bar???

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:54 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

Hmmm ... members of the motorcycle club I am indon't do that.... oh yeah ... that's because we're all in recovery . What strange looks and comments we get .. like "you mean you just don't drink when you ride? and when we ever say, no, we don't drink (or drug) PERIOD, they get glazed look over their eyes like "o.k., that's bizarre". Seems another stereotype of bikers is that we all drink and do drugs.Not knocking anyone whodoes, just "been there, done that, can't handle it".

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:55 PM
cubcake1
Tourer

This is why I generally ride alone or with one other person. Dont get me wrong, I love me some bud lt, or a good bottle of merlot, even some smirnoff from time to time, but I dont do it when I ride.

Old 09-28-2007 | 05:44 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

I'm amazed at the amount some people drink at bike nights...Glad that recovery found me before I got into bikes...

Old 09-28-2007 | 06:57 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

It's just another reason I don't ride with groups. Riding alone I get to make all the decisions, which includes when to turn left or right and not to drink or even set around sipping a coke watching someone else drink.

Old 09-28-2007 | 07:14 PM
AR_Guy
Tourer

I drink to forget. The Gold Wing rider who didn't wave to me because I look Gay on my Sportster wearing chaps and fingerless gloves. Then when I get to the "Biker Bar" and just need a hug. The "Real" bikers, who rode there in the rain, laugh at me for wearing a full face helmet. It's hard being such a poser. []

Quick Reply: why do riding groups/clubs barhop???