General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007 | 07:41 AM
bronk
Road Master
Default RE: why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

People who get tanked up and ride their scoots are dumb.Plain and simple, and one day will end up laying in the ditch dead with a grieving family asking "why? How could this happen?"DOnt do it, and never have.Drink at home or get a cab.

Old 09-30-2007 | 07:54 AM
AF07
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: mnvikingsfan

Why the hell do these riding groups/groups or whatever feel the need to ride and barhop??? WTF???
They barhop because that's where the beer is...

Old 09-30-2007 | 11:32 AM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

I agree no one should ride\drive if they are hammered. I wasnt saying that in my earlier post, if it came out that way it was not intended. But I believe a person can drink a few and still drive responsibily, but that depends on the person everyone is different. If your a drinker you know your limit. Now the topic said Bar hopping not drunk driving, I like to spread my money out not in just one place..

Old 09-30-2007 | 12:50 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: AF07

ORIGINAL: mnvikingsfan

Why the hell do these riding groups/groups or whatever feel the need to ride and barhop??? WTF???
They barhop because that's where the beer is...
yup, thas whatme an my homiesthought too. and the women always seem to be there, seems that frosty adult beverages loosen womens clothing ....

thought I'd bring that up also.

BUT after reading this thread, I'm skeered to pop a top assomebody might call aLEO, and bring down the DWI task force on me b/c THEY think in THIER opinion..... I've had too much to drink and will endanger their lil life or the lives of their loved ones...

the ONLY way I'd _ever_ consider calling the LAW on another motorist, would be if they did infact endanger me or mine or I witnessed property being damaged. Alerting the bartender / waitress / taking ther keys etc etc is acceptable to prevent loss of life but calling the cops, and taking this course of action on your ownis flat A$$ Chicken $hit.

I might add that in a worse case scenario, the perp you ratted out, may have several cards up ther sleeve anjust may come a huntin...

of course YMMV and this is just my humble 0.02

SB

Old 10-01-2007 | 04:39 AM
Iron Maiden
Advanced

ORIGINAL: 02SwitchBladeCVO
BUT after reading this thread, I'm skeered to pop a top assomebody might call aLEO, and bring down the DWI task force on me b/c THEY think in THIER opinion..... I've had too much to drink and will endanger their lil life or the lives of their loved ones...
Don't be scared, the legal limit in FL is .08, that's all you should worry about ... or at least the legal limit of where you're at.

Old 10-01-2007 | 05:20 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

First off,the big reason is because it is our right to have a beer or two.God knows we sure earn that right.Second is the way we handle ourself's.Some people do get carried away,how do you plan on stopping that? There is plenty to worry about in this world without being everybody's keeper.We all control our own destiny.