General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:27 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

We need another Subject area....Those who want to judge and bitch about everybody else.

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:59 PM
vicks96
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Donnylee

We need another Subject area....Those who want to judge and bitch about everybody else.
Dont be bitchin and moanin bout us judging and bitchin.[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 09-29-2007 | 01:59 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Your right until we are all just like Lemmings, all think justalike, wear the same things, drink the same way, ride the same way, use the same oil, wear the same gloves, pants, and shame everysingle out of same Lemmings into a pattern of sameness, and what the rest of the others group ofLemmingswant from others.Frankly that is what is broken today in America. A desire from many for sameness.

It would be better if this post started with " Ipersonally not ride with people or go to placeswith people who choose to drink and ride" Do you? Nope had to be Why the hell do these Rider groups feel the need to Bar hop" (Judgement of others)

How about because they want to, and its none of your damnbusiness what these otheradults choose todo.........Only you choose your friends or ride group........SIMPY DON'T RIDE WITH THEM! TAKE OFF!Andjust SIMPLYgo have youthat nice lunch (SOLVED!)

ORIGINAL: vicks96

ORIGINAL: Donnylee

Dont be bitchin and moanin bout us judging and bitchin.[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 09-29-2007 | 02:25 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master

If it wasn't for taverns I wouldn't have anywhere to ride to.

Old 09-29-2007 | 02:38 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Iron Maiden

What kills me is we'll complain and scream to linch a drunk cager that runs over a bikeryet so many bikers assume it alright for them to drink and ride. No difference if you ask me, one's not better than the other. Half of all fatal motorcycle accidents were drinking alcohol. I wonder how many drinks this guy had? http://www.bikepics.com/movies/000002/
Major Difference here. Drunk bikers killthem selfs (not your problem), Drunk cagers kill others (now it's your problem). Take car of your self and don't worry about others unless they are causing you problems.
I hate people who want to "take care" of me for my own good. These are the people that are taking away our freedoms, a little at a time.

Old 09-29-2007 | 02:44 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer

ORIGINAL: johnbd

Here's my bar-hop story. I was out solo one Saturday this summer & stopped for gas. A group of about 10 Harleys roared in right behind me. We get to talking and they're off for a spin in about the same direction I was headed in, so I get invited to tag along. Next little village they all haul into a bar, so I join 'em...but stick to pepsi. My guess is each of these guys downed four beersin half an hour.I'm thinkin' this don't look too good. So back to the bikes we go.Now we got guys reving and popping burnouts. I get to the back of the pack and we're off. It looked like a herd of Kamakazi pilots ahead of me....out to dive bomb into something big and solid. Every few minutes a coupleguys would break rank and race side by side up the left hand lane for example....diving back into the line of bikes.Speeds were up to about 75real fast. Then the pack caught up to a line of cars. GeeeeZuzz. Guys blowing by and darting into traffic made the hair on my *** stand up. Next intersection I turned left and escaped with my life. Ten bucks says thisgoes on all over the place. JBD
Sound like you ran into a bunch of guys having a "midlife crysis" or they bought thier bikes after watching to many old "biker" movies.

Old 09-29-2007 | 02:57 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DirtyDave

ORIGINAL: Iron Maiden

What kills me is we'll complain and scream to linch a drunk cager that runs over a bikeryet so many bikers assume it alright for them to drink and ride. No difference if you ask me, one's not better than the other. Half of all fatal motorcycle accidents were drinking alcohol. I wonder how many drinks this guy had? http://www.bikepics.com/movies/000002/
Major Difference here. Drunk bikers killthem selfs (not your problem), Drunk cagers kill others (now it's your problem). Take car of your self and don't worry about others unless they are causing you problems.
I hate people who want to "take care" of me for my own good. These are the people that are taking away our freedoms, a little at a time.
This is not true all the time. Cars trying to avoid the drunk biker can certainly injure others. The drunk biker smashing into pedestrians can injure others. I do not think the dude in that video was drunk, but as you can see he managed to damage more than just himself.

You do not have the "freedom" to endanger everyone else on the road by driving drunk. As far as I know that right is not provided for in the constitution. Your rights end when the chance your behavior will damage others gets high enough that society cannot tolerate it.

If I see someone that is OBVIOUSLY drunk (not just having a couple of beers) I have no issue mentioning something to them about driving and if they choose to get in the car or bike I have no issue calling the police and reporting them.

I will not *judge* them for that behavior, I will leave that to the law.

Old 09-29-2007 | 03:12 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer

ORIGINAL: overhead

If I see someone that is OBVIOUSLY drunk (not just having a couple of beers) I have no issue mentioning something to them about driving and if they choose to get in the car or bike I have no issue calling the police and reporting them.
To some people "OBVIOUSLY" drunk means thier is alcohol on your breath because you just used mouthwash. Anyone who is DRUNKshould not ride, I agree.
Calling the police and reporting them?? That is #1. chick ****.(if you want to do something take thier keys away, tell the bartender, STOP the person from making the mistake!)#2. may not stop an accident (they can cause an accident as they are pulling out of the bar before the police can stop them)#3. causes more problems for others at the barwho are not OBVIOUSLY drunk
But if it makes you sleep better at night.........

Old 09-29-2007 | 03:45 PM
vicks96
Tourer

I evidently care too much about my friends. I dont give a crap about the gloves,oil, chaps crap but I do give a **** about my friends. AND THEIR FAMILIES. The ones left behind when they do something STUPID(drinking/driving) and get killed just for a few moments fun drinking. When I was younger I drank and drove and was lucky it didnt turn out badbut I grew up, something a lot of people need to do. Dont give me the freedom crap or the "Im an adult crap"when it comes to drinking and driving.

Old 09-29-2007 | 06:44 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

But then again......a drink or two during a ride may not be all that bad.
Me? I can not fathom eating eating a couple pieces of pizza without a beer.
So you don't want to ride with me? Fine. Tell me so as well settle the bill......
when I turn LEFT, you go straight (Or RIGHT).
We are done riding together at that time. I do not advocate riding while blitzed.
I would try to convince someone otherwise......but a beer or two (Unless you are recovering)
is sometimes not a good idea. Most people know their limit and I do not want to
interject my ideas where they are not wanted and probably may cause a broken nose.
Please to not ride where I may run into you with my Ford (in my lane mostly).
But yes, I do stop for three beers on the way home from work.........
they give me courage to go home. LOL

Quick Reply: why do riding groups/clubs barhop???