General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:05 PM
Tnicean
Tourer
Default RE: why do riding groups/clubs barhop???

Nobody said it was going to be easy!
Tnicean

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:15 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: AR_Guy

I drink to forget. The Gold Wing rider who didn't wave to me because I look Gay on my Sportster wearing chaps and fingerless gloves. Then when I get to the "Biker Bar" and just need a hug. The "Real" bikers, who rode there in the rain, laugh at me for wearing a full face helmet. It's hard being such a poser. []
I feel your pain... they give me looks too until I take off the full face helmet and they see I am a girl... LOL

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:18 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

Gave up drinking when I bought the Harley. Drinking was cheaper, but the bike is a he11 of a lot more fun. I can even remember where I parked it the next day.

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:58 PM
molly
Intermediate

I'll barhop with my buddies when we ride. I just drink diet soda or water. Alcohol affects me strongly, (and sometimes "wrongly")....so if i drink,i stay home, or at least have a designated driver.

Old 09-28-2007 | 10:25 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

Bah... Why do people like to b!tch and whine? Don't like the group or where and what they do, don't ride with them. Done.

Old 09-28-2007 | 11:08 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

Why do I barhop?? because Dairy Queen doesn't have S.R.V. on thier jukebox and the counter help at the D.Q. can't hold a candle to the HOT bar backer babe at my local watering hole...and I've NEVERshot a game of pool while enjoying a "dilly bar"

Old 09-28-2007 | 11:38 PM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

Because its what they like to do!! Why do you care what they do? Do they bother you? Enjoy your ride and dont worry about others. Its all good

Old 09-28-2007 | 11:44 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Hawgnuttz

Because its what they like to do!! Why do you care what they do? Do they bother you? Enjoy your ride and dont worry about others. Its all good

Very true...but what if that drinker is in the group I am riding with? When it gets to the point that his drunk *** is jeapordizing MY safety, I have the RIGHT to care what he does!

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:01 AM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

If your riding with them you know them obviously and you know if their going to atop at the bar and drink. Just because they drink too much and if they do you do not have to continue to ride with them. And its ok to say hey guys you have had too much to drink I`ll be headingout now. catch ya later...der ya go

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:47 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

Agreed. But, hopefully the next day, when they have sobered up, they don't get all pissy when I say something about it to them.

If they weren't friends, I wouldn't care. And as friends, they should be grateful that I DO care.

Quick Reply: why do riding groups/clubs barhop???